Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Triple_R

Notices

Conversation Between Triple_R and Kaioshin Sama
Showing Visitor Messages 11 to 20 of 53
  1. Kaioshin Sama
    2012-02-27 12:35
    Kaioshin Sama
    I have to say that I'm kind of in the same boat as that Papermario fellow and this whole situation has legimately made me worry about the future anime again, although that was already happening before this episode even aired, it pushed me over the edge in a matter of speaking.

I don't know if there's a message being sent here or it's just people being people and going with the flow like Sol Falling admitted to, but it is a worrisome trend and a resurgence of that sort of "exceptionalism" that Archon was talking about that I really loathed from the Kyoani hardcore fanbase in the past. If that sort of thing is rearing it's ugly head again with SHAFT and NisiOisin stories it can't be anything but a bad thing. Let's just say that I've contemplated taking a break from anime for a bit for the purposes of shaking off this foul mood that recent circumstances with the medium have put me in. It just seems like the right thing to do is to put some distance between me and a fandom that I seem to become even further detached and unable to find anything in common with by the week. Just grown tired of anime culture as it stands in general of late and it's not the first time I've done something like this either.

In any case the author of this story himself freely admitting that he's just engaging in writing silly/crappy fanfiction type stories almost salvages the situation since I like to see when authors recognize the nature of their own material from a critical perspective, but then I have to wonder why the excess praise for it if by the authors own admission it shouldn't really be deserving of it. I guess once again my issues lie not with the industry itself, but with the interets of the majority fandom continuing to diverge from my own in a way that really makes me wonder if there's a future for anime with me involved in it.

Maybe all of this makes me come across as somewhat intolerant, I don't know, but I do know that I have pretty clear standards by this point in my life and that they are something I can't ignore just because a lot of people find something to be exceptional. All in all just another example of how I have so little in common with the current anime fandoms philsophies and interests and why I wonder what the heck I'm even doing here anymore cause honestly if it weren't for a select group of posters I would have been gone long ago. As it stands it's still unfortunately not enough to overcome my current misgivings with the state of anime culture so time to pull out for a while. I'll be checking in later today to see if you reply, but after that I'm cutting ties with anime culture for at least a good couple of months to reflect and hopefully come back with a fresher slate and more positive state of mind.
  2. Triple_R
    2012-02-18 20:32
    Triple_R
    Nice camera work there, Kaioshin! That was a great victory over Buffalo. Nice to see us win a shootout for a change.
  3. Kaioshin Sama
    2012-02-18 01:20
    Kaioshin Sama
  4. Kaioshin Sama
    2012-02-09 22:28
    Kaioshin Sama
    Gomez
  5. Triple_R
    2012-02-07 22:36
    Triple_R
    That was an awesome shootout. Very fun to watch, and Carey played it perfectly!

The Price is right tonight!
  6. Kaioshin Sama
    2012-02-07 22:20
    Kaioshin Sama
    Oh my god dat shootout. Dat Carey!
  7. Kaioshin Sama
    2012-01-26 01:41
    Kaioshin Sama
    Were those actually the Red Wings, I thought they were supposed to be good. I think the play that made me really question if they were at all into it was the one where the guy just tried to defend by putting his stick on the ice and spinning around and Conklin just crocuhed in his net and Desharnais just flipped the puck in. Detroit almost looked like they were trying to lose that game
  8. Triple_R
    2012-01-25 22:05
    Triple_R
    Those were some tasty Red Wings tonight.
  9. Triple_R
    2012-01-21 22:37
    Triple_R
    Price is great, yeah! Just such a totally solid and reliable goalie. Definitely one of the top 5 or so in the game.

The Habs beating the hated Leafs more than makes up for the collapse against Pittsburgh. Overall, the team seems to be playing a little bit better since acquiring Rene Bourque, and he had a good goal tonight.
  10. Kaioshin Sama
    2012-01-21 22:27
    Kaioshin Sama
    Have I mentioned how damn much I love Carey Price yet?