AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > quigonkenny

Notices

Conversation Between quigonkenny and Marcus H.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
  1. Marcus H.
    2016-02-22 23:12
    Marcus H.
    Even so, seeing at lease that part in screenshots made me cringe. It's probably just that combination of ideas and the involvement of the parents in the thing felt really bitter to me. That scene was also a reminder that I won't ever get how weird Japanese humor can be. (That's the reason I only watch the story arcs of Gintama.)

I'm also burned out a bit from watching anime for some reason. Maybe (just maybe), the ending of RWBY's first volume caused me to shut down—I haven't watched a single episode of anime this past week except for Haruchika and Phantom World, and the most recent episodes didn't even help reignite the flame. Hey, that's not to say that I'm still butthurt about RWBY. I usually enter this stage when I encounter really sad endings. I just lose the appetite in watching anime.
  2. quigonkenny
    2016-02-22 23:04
    quigonkenny
    Well, I never took that line too seriously. The one who said isn't the most reliable of information sources, and it was the one part of her story that they didn't show a representation of (in the manga, either). It could have been true, or she could have been exaggerating or speculating. If it makes a difference, it's never brought up again (at least through the first 6 light novels), and the way a couple of the next week previews are done, he doesn't appear to believe her either.
  3. Marcus H.
    2016-02-22 22:38
    Marcus H.
    I'm not doing this on the Dagashi Kashi thread to avoid going off-topic.

Anyway, what I didn't like about Gifting's first episode was how the MC's death was handled by his parents. They fucking laughed at him. It didn't feel comedic to me despite the fact that I've seen Ayumu (from Koreha Zombie Desuka?) being exposed to black humor throughout the series.
  4. Marcus H.
    2016-02-15 20:40
    Marcus H.
    Sorry about making a mess on the RWBY forum. I'll remove any offending posts as I can.