Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Silverwyrm

Notices

Conversation Between Silverwyrm and Palsa-San
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Palsa-San
    2013-07-07 01:54
    Palsa-San
    It's pretty clear that this was primarily intended for the existing fans, but I do agree.
    I still think that an hour and a half long movie would have been a better decision for them to go with.
  2. Silverwyrm
    2013-07-06 11:58
    Silverwyrm
    For people who don't know the characters and randomly watch it on tv (which will be a lot, it been 8 years) it's gonna look pretty bad though. Will have to see more, but I'm just not sure that was really the best approach for ep1.
  3. Palsa-San
    2013-07-05 21:01
    Palsa-San
    True, they seriously could have planned it out better than that, and having a random side character die that the viewer doesn't even know is also a bad move, unless it's collateral damage, they can't expect the viewer to be moved by the event.
    Character in anime: "Oh my god! a piano just fell twenty stories and landed on (insert name here)'s head!!"
    The viewer: ". . . Who. . .?"

As for Rozen Maiden, I kind of understand why they did that.
    First off, it's important to remember that 7 years have past since Träumend ended, and so there are a lot of fans that have been waiting for a sequel, and many had given up hope a long time ago.
    There is also the manga to take into account, a lot of people have been following the manga that have never watched the anime, and a lot of people have watched the anime that haven't read the manga, and then there are also people such as myself who have seen/read both.
    That being said, if they were to start a new season based on the manga, a lot of the anime followers would be upset, on the grounds that they were waiting for a 3rd season, not an alternate telling.
    And if they were to start from volume 7 or 8 of the manga, then people that hadn't read the manga would be confused, and probably angry.
    So, they did the most logical thing they could do under the circumstances, they made the first episode a recap of volumes 1-7 of the manga, so that they can get straight to the point; I guess you could say that the first episode is more like episode 0, and the real first episode is the second.
    As for character introductions, most people already know the characters, either through the manga, anime or both, so there is really no need to introduce them.
    Personally though, I think that they should have made volumes 1-7, a one and a half, to two hour movie, then they could easily start the new season from the other Jun's perspective, and since they would have an hour and a half to work with, they could have slowed the pace down, and covered more in the process.
  4. Silverwyrm
    2013-07-05 12:35
    Silverwyrm
    Spoiler for another:

I'm a bit sad with rozen maiden ep1 right now...super info dump wtf, introduce every single character simultaneously
  5. Palsa-San
    2013-06-30 04:23
    Palsa-San
    True, true.
    Spoiler for Another:
  6. Silverwyrm
    2013-06-28 23:22
    Silverwyrm
    Hey, didn't want to derail the Rozen Maiden thread anymore with Another stuff

*SPOILS* for people who may see this
    Spoiler for Another: