2012-01-13 15:13
    bladeofdarkness
    LOVED Katanagatari.
    not liked, LOVED.
  2. Meatrose
    2012-01-13 14:21
    Meatrose
    Hehe, maybe I'll ask him to. ^^;

Oh yeah, I've heard some stuff about Mirai Nikki, one guy over at the Swedish community told me it reminded him of Code Geass in some ways so I'll have to check it out sooner or later. And yeah, I'll be watching Nisemonogatari as well. In case you like that and Bakemonogatari perhaps you should try Katanagatari (if you haven't already). They're all based on books from the same author.
  3. bladeofdarkness
    2012-01-11 13:56
    bladeofdarkness
    firstly, congrats.
    wish i could get a meet and greet (didn't have an option).

secondly, ask J.M to recite a poem of his choice

and thirdly, I'd say Mirai Nikki is pretty interesting so far.
    also, Nisemonogatari is shaping up to be great (provided you liked Bakemonogatari).
  4. Meatrose
    2012-01-11 13:15
    Meatrose
    Hey blade, how's it going? Have you watched any interesting anime lately?

Oh, and I'm also going to be seing DT live soon. January 25th they'll be playing here in Stockholm and I actually went and bought a Meet & Greet ticket. Now I just have to think of some smart or at least creative questions to ask the guys when I meet them. ^^;
  5. bladeofdarkness
    2011-09-17 09:22
    bladeofdarkness
    you named the two songs I've probably listened to most (other then BAI).
    really awesome ballads, especially BTS, even though the synt part still feels like its too sudden (though its growing on me).
  6. Meatrose
    2011-09-17 06:10
    Meatrose
    Yeah it's definitely not as bad as my brain told me it was the first time I listened to it, I think it triggered some kind of anti-reaction with its Linkin Park-ish "nu metal" vibe in the beginning. The second or third time I listened to it I realized that it has some things going for it that makes it worthy of the Dream Theater brand. =)

I also love Breaking All Illusions btw, it was the song I was looking forward to the most and it truly delivered. There's not a song on the album that I dislike, that's for sure.

I must ask; what do you think of the ballads? Which one is your favorite? I think they're all good but I think Beneath The Surface is my favorite, or possibly This Is The Life, they're both awesome in my opinion.
  7. bladeofdarkness
    2011-09-16 00:36
    bladeofdarkness
    i agree about best since scenes.

oddly enough, build me up break me down was one of the songs that i liked on first listen.
    that said, breaking all illusions is easily my favorite at this point.
  8. Meatrose
    2011-09-15 19:01
    Meatrose
    Yeah, I also think that it really benefits from repeated listening so I was going to give it a week before I asked you what you think of it, no need to wait then. :3

So, what's your verdict so far? After having listened to it for exactly a week (I got my digital copy from the Dream Theater online store last friday - 9/11) I must say that I think, even though I haven't completely made up my mind just yet, that it's probably the best album they've released since Scenes From A Memory, which is easily my favorite album so that's saying a lot.

But man, there's so much to this record and even though I originally thought that Build Me Up, Break Me Down was one of their worst songs ever it's definitely growing on me. Now I think it's a stronger "weakest link" to A Dramatic Turn Of Events than A Rite Of Passage is to Black Clouds & Silver Linings.
  9. bladeofdarkness
    2011-09-15 13:59
    bladeofdarkness
    dude.
    got the CD, and it is AWESOME !!!!

i fell for it almost from the first listen, and repeated listennings only make it better.
  10. Meatrose
    2011-08-17 10:53
    Meatrose
    Hehe, here's another snippet. It's a hidden YouTube-file that can only be accessed by those who have a direct link. It's from the closing song, a five and a half minute long calm closer.

Beneath the Surface: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czSgn...layer_embedded

I was a bit thrown off by Jordan's synth when it started playing but after listening to it a couple of times I'm getting more used to it. If it ends up a bad decision on their part (the actual synth-sound that is) or if it ends up giving the song an edge remains to be seen I guess. =)