AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Kunagisa

Notices

Conversation Between Kunagisa and kuroishinigami
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 71
  1. Kunagisa
    2014-11-17 13:12
    Kunagisa
    You know that part where he kinda goes into this zone and he's talking to himself? I refer that as CPU overload. Saikawa's been hinted to have MPD in the novel too so. It was just very dumb way to present it, imo.
  2. kuroishinigami
    2014-11-15 21:12
    kuroishinigami
    Saikawa MPD? CPU overload? which part is that again? Didn't notice any CPU overload in this arc, and Saikawa has Multiple Personality Disorder? or do you mean Saikawa's actor acting?
  3. Kunagisa
    2014-11-15 12:47
    Kunagisa
    The novel goes more into how fanatic the family heads are about their work. The whole theme with Mori is that these people are not normal in the sense that they are either prodigies, have MPDs, or other crazy thoughts and what not. Since the whole family do buddhist drawings, the act of suicide is part of the ritual for their work. The problem with Mori characters is that they are borderline chuuni (I really abhor using this term to talk about Mori's work, even indirectly) IF they aren't presented well, which is the case here.

The mom gave away the box at the end cause nobody draws Buddhist art this generation anymore. The part about the dad killing himself but failed as part of the "trick" is more believable than this ... gag type of thing we got in the drama. I really don't like how they handle Saikawa's MPD with this CPU overload thing.

I mean the group doing the stage props is great, but the actors and actresses obviously only read the script and not the book. This is unfortunately yet expected, so the fault lies mostly with the scriptwriter.
  4. kuroishinigami
    2014-11-15 08:59
    kuroishinigami
    it's better in the novel? I also kinda don't understand the motivation for the suicide too lol
  5. Kunagisa
    2014-11-14 20:05
    Kunagisa
    Ffffffffffffffffffffff

Arc 2 of SM series suckedddddddd, well it wasn't THAT BAD but the motivation presentation just went all retarded. Man, kinda disappointed ... next week looks good though.

Le sigh.
  6. Kunagisa
    2014-11-06 01:36
    Kunagisa
    Spoiler for wtf:

This is sooooo random, I actually laughed a bit seeing this.
  7. kuroishinigami
    2014-11-02 23:12
    kuroishinigami
    It's not the childish part that kinda bugs me, it's the idol-ly fake cutesy act. I didn't get the same impression of her character from the novel.

Also, another two things a friend of mine from FFXIV who also already read the novel agreed on which bugs her and me. 1. Saikawa's way too cool in the drama He kinda gives a more boring impression in the novel instead of his stylish portrayal here. 2. Why the long hair on Moe? It's the same with Shioriko's short hair, Japanese tv drama director sure loves to change source material's description instead of asking their actress to wear good wigs/fit their hair to their role don't they

Overall, not perfect, but it's a pretty good adaptation just like Galileo.

As for Gundam, I watched reconquista's first two episode but it didn't manage to draw me in to follow it further. Might catch up to it later when there're more episodes
  8. Kunagisa
    2014-10-31 19:02
    Kunagisa
    Yeah, this is book 2. Book 5 next week, which is one of my favorite in the series. Moe is kinda like that though, she's extremely confident but at parts extremely childish. She keeps trying to change her mentality to be more mature, which works out well in front of everyone else but Saikawa.

The island one (book 1) is going to be arc 3 3 weeks from now. Also, technically, Subete F is supposed to be 3rd in the series, but I guess Kodansha liked that one too much at the time, so they chose to publish that one first.

Also, http://biblia.jp/news/?p=275 kitaaaa!

PS: unrelated but the two Gundam series this season are amazing.
  9. kuroishinigami
    2014-10-30 22:16
    kuroishinigami
    First episode was pretty good I think, although TV drama Moe annoys me sometimes with the cutesy act(and Professor Saikawa is way too cool appearance wise ) Is this first case tv drama original case or taken from other volume in the series? Because the book story goes straight to the island trip instead of this case. I completely understand why they took this approach though, has to set-up the tone early and introduce the characters first before the main plot
  10. Kunagisa
    2014-10-21 23:52
    Kunagisa