AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Coldlight

Notices

Conversation Between Coldlight and Soverence
Showing Visitor Messages 51 to 60 of 70
  1. Soverence
    2012-12-17 12:13
    Soverence
    Ganbatte is what Madoka says to Homura at the end of PMMM, I know it means do your best but I was trying to make a reference, looking back a tad silly and disconnected one but a reference at that (signs pointing toward me by the way )
  2. Coldlight
    2012-12-17 06:52
    Coldlight
    Sorry, I didn't get what your "you are not Godoka" comment meant. Was it about my MAL profile picture?
  3. Soverence
    2012-12-16 10:42
    Soverence
    No problem, sure there has been other things on your plate besides replying to me.

Hmm so that would mean you are most likely from the Philippines ha? That is pretty cool though, i tried learning Italian in high school and after but I just couldn't get the hang of it. They say its easiest to learn a second language if they start teaching it to you in elementary school cause of how the brain is wired at that time. Trust me, you write and read it better then most native English speakers in America, although English is pretty much a world wide language now so America isn't the best comparison I suppose.

Yeah, well pretty much everything is slowly but surly starting to be run/controlled by computers so it shouldn't come as a surprise that the field has a growing interest. I know at least a couple other people on these forums as well that are in computer science.

I hope so ^(^.^)^ . Yup, still got a ways to go. Thank you! and hey now, you are Sayaka, you are not Godoka
  4. Coldlight
    2012-12-15 04:42
    Coldlight
    Sorry for the late reply.

My native language, huh. It's one of my country's national languages, Filipino. That said, I have been learning English since elementary school, so it wasn't really that hard to learn - though I can't claim proficiency on the level of a native speaker, since I still make some mistakes at times; and my skill with it is largely limited to written/typed situations (my skill level with English goes down if I have to speak it orally since people around me rarely use English for casual conversations ).

I am inclined to agree with you that there will be a lot of people soon in the field of computer science. Everyone I talk to says it's a hot/popular field right now. Heck, a friend of mine on MAL (someone from the US) is also a college student taking up Computer Science.

If it was easy, most likely you really did ace it. Good for you! You're in your 2nd year, huh. Well, good luck and ganbatte!
  5. Soverence
    2012-12-12 13:37
    Soverence
    I have actually been marathoning Macross Frontier today on that note

Yeah, gifts usually do hold more meaning then something that you buy with your own money.

I actually didn't notice your languages, what is your native language? From what I hear English is actually considered one of the hardest languages to learn if you are not native to it.

I am actually going for a degree in computer science as well, seems like there is a lot of people in that field or soon will be. I am in my 2nd year right now so I am almost half way, but I play on going past 4 years of college eventually so I am no where near done. Well my final from one of my computer science classes that i took earlier today was super easy and I am pretty sure that I aced it ^(^.^)^
  6. Coldlight
    2012-12-11 00:57
    Coldlight
    It's a joy to marathon shows when you have a nice stretch of free time available.

I agree with your collection being special. It has more sentimental value for being a gift from a family member than something you just bought from a store.

I do make those kinds of mistakes from time to time, since I'm not even a native English speaker - as you may have seen from my MFC.com profile. I am trying my best, though.

My degree is Bachelor of Science in Computer Science. What are you taking up in college, BTW? Are you close to graduating already? Yeah, I have yet to meet somebody who enjoyed taking finals - or even just midterm exams for that matter.
  7. Soverence
    2012-12-10 23:56
    Soverence
    Yeah, usually when I have free time it comes in mass bulk so I need something to do, marathoning a series is always a fun thing to do with bulks of time.

Thats still pretty cool, I kind of realized I do have a collection of my own, but it is all dragon figures mainly. I kind of forgot cause I don't actually buy them, but its kind of a tradition that I get one every Christmas from my Grandma. Its makes them even more special then just dragons being awesome.

Yeah, I kind of got what you meant but had to take advantage of the bad wording

Thats cool, what did you get your degree in? Oh and I am sure that you did, finals are the bane of all college students after all.
  8. Coldlight
    2012-12-10 00:50
    Coldlight
    I see. So you tend to wait more than I do for most series. Well, that's another approach to watching anime.

I started my collection out of the novelty factor of owning something so beautifully detailed. I blame the Nendoroid type (the ones with big heads and chibi bodies) for the expansion of my collection. One nendo led to one more... and the rest is history. I've managed to halt it for now because I realized I had no more display space left on my computer table (and I really can't afford any more in the meantime ). I still need a glass case, too.

About that mod thing, what I meant was that I originally intended to post a pic of my space in the Social Thread, but it was closed by a mod before I had the chance to. Poor choice of wording, my bad.

I'm a recent college graduate. So yeah, I had my fair share of final exams too.
  9. Soverence
    2012-12-10 00:06
    Soverence
    I usually wait until a series is done and then just marathon it, but I have actually been keeping weekly with this one for once. Yeah, cliffhanger episodes can be a drag when you have to wait a whole week for the next episode. Yays!

I find figurine collections cool, but they are probably something I would never be willing to spend my money on, they are just usually too expense for me to be willing to buy. One of the mods beat you to posting your own computer space? I would be more worried how that mod got a picture of your computer space .

Yeah, it was starting to get a little more random but I felt it wasn't that bad overall, oh well, just have to chat with people I find on posts I like I guess.

Thanks! You a college student as well or naw?
  10. Coldlight
    2012-12-09 21:09
    Coldlight
    I'm still watching, though my style is to let a few episodes air first before going through 2-4 episodes at a time. I've found that I like that better than when I used to watch current anime weekly (it helps against cliffhanger episodes ). Since you're already my friend here, your friend request is more than welcome on MAL.

Yes, I am a figurine collector. I might take a more recent picture of my collection one of these days and post it on either MFC or AS's Anime Figurines thread. I was planning to post my computer space (which also has my entire collection on it) as suggested on the first post of the Social Thread, but the mod beat me to it.

Well, I thought things did start to become too random in the last pages with single picture replies and the like. I didn't know it was reopened on a trial basis only, though. I thought it was going to stay open for good.

Good luck on your college finals!