AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Coldlight

Notices

Conversation Between Coldlight and Triple_R
Showing Visitor Messages 101 to 110 of 168
  1. Triple_R
    2012-04-15 01:08
    Triple_R
    Wow, that was a short reply.

It was a pretty good one, though. But I'm still curious as to how...

1) You felt I handled Sayaka in the two bad ends (specifically how I handled the bits involving both her and Kamijo).

2) If you liked it or not. Was it a good read?

Anyway, that's all! Thanks for the review.
  2. Coldlight
    2012-04-11 08:42
    Coldlight
    Speaking of Eri Kitamura's voice range, I just watched Episode 1 of Haiyore! Nyaruko-san today, and she did the voice of the main male character!

While female seiyuu voicing males are nothing new, I have to say that this is the first time I've heard her voice a male character. Talk about going beyond tomboyish girls. The spotlight in that episode however, goes to Kana Asumi's wacky and energetic performance for the moe Lovecraftian deity protagonist, who is a very genki girl.

On the other end of the spectrum, I've heard Eri do some voice work for more girly, loli characters as well, with last season's Papa no Iu Koto o Kikinasai! as an example.

To add to her forte with genki girls and serious-minded girls, I thought she did sexy/seductive girls well too, with Kanade Suzutsuki from Mayo Chiki! as a good example, and Ami Kawashima from Toradora!, to an extent.
  3. Triple_R
    2012-04-09 21:08
    Triple_R
    Yeah, I also like Kirie's character. She provides a much-needed serious "no BS" voice to the cast, as the other three need that anchoring effect.

It is a good role for Eri Kitamura in that I think it stretches her range a bit. She does both genki girls and serious-minded girls well (as well as girls that combine both, of course, such as Sayaka herself and the girl Eri voiced in a Tennis anime I watched a bit of a long time ago).

And yeah, between zombies and witches, this is definitely the romantic Spring of the Dead, lol. Thanks a lot for your recommendations.
  4. Coldlight
    2012-04-09 20:28
    Coldlight
    Yes, Eri Kitamura FTW.

Yeah, Kirie's not really a genki girl, but she is a serious-minded, tomboyish girl. Even so, I've already come to like her even when there was only the manga. She has her own charm moments, though I can only hope those make it into the anime adaptation. However, it's actually Yuuko who remains my favorite in the source.

Glad to see you liked it, and I wholeheartedly agree with you on the seiyuu work. It's a shame the approach in the adaptation virtually stripped Episode 1 of the manga's more serious elements, though. It wasn't supposed to be mostly comedy and light-hearted moments.

Ghost love interests, Zombie love interests, if this season isn't the romantic Spring of the Dead, I don't know what is.
  5. Triple_R
    2012-04-09 11:02
    Triple_R
    I just watched Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 1. I'll be posting my take on it shortly.

Is Kirie voiced by the same person who voiced a certain Puella Magi?
  6. Coldlight
    2012-04-09 05:55
    Coldlight
    I'm late, but I'm keeping my word for Natsuiro Kiseki.

I agree with you on Natsumi reminding of Sayaka by a bit. I can see where you're coming from, as she's one of the two resident genki girls. With Natsumi as one and Yuka as the other, their differences being that Natsumi is more of a tsukkomi type genki girl, while Yuka is more of a boke type genki girl. Natsumi also has that kind of grin that only genki girls make.

As for the episode, I have to admit that the supernatural segment near the end took me by surprise. Wasn't expecting something like it, and it felt somewhat out of place for me for a show like that. Also not really a fan of conflict right off the bat, when I haven't yet had time to become comfortable with the characters. So, mixed feelings for episode 1, but I will continue watching. At least I thought the OP rocked.

That's what I think of Natsuiro Kiseki at the moment. Now let me make a request of you in turn, I'd like to know your thoughts on Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 1, and on the character Kirie in particular (short black hair, and a familiar voice ). I would have also included a request for Sankarea because this season is the Spring of the Dead!, but I've already read your thoughts on it in the Sankarea thread.

These two titles are the favorites of mine I mentioned before that are getting an anime adaptation.
  7. Coldlight
    2012-04-06 21:55
    Coldlight
    Natsuiro Kiseki is already on my personal list of potential shows to watch for Spring 2012.

Thanks to your recommendation, I will change the priority from "Might watch" [~50% likelihood] to "Will likely watch" [~90% likelihood]. Titles in that level will get added to my Plan to Watch list, but on a priority just a step lower than my favored shows for the upcoming season. The tier above it contains the highly favored titles I have been anticipating (Not one, but two! of my favorite manga are getting animated! ), and therefore will watch those 100%.

I will get back to you for Natsuiro Kiseki once I finish the shows I'm Currently Watching (with the exception of Mirai Nikki, which is still airing), and I will likely finish all those shows today.

Normally, I tend to wait for more choices of fansub groups to appear before I dive into an anime so I can choose, but I think [rori] did a good job for PapaKiki, so I will be able to watch it soon without having to wait.
  8. Triple_R
    2012-04-06 20:54
    Triple_R
    A request/recommendation: I'd really like to get your take on Natsuiro Kiseki Episode 1.

The female lead in that (orange-haired girl Natsumi) makes me think of Sayaka a bit, and I'd like to know if you agree or not.

I think you'll like it in general too. It has some good personality conflict in it - Not your standard "moeblob" show, as some call them.
  9. Triple_R
    2012-03-24 21:51
    Triple_R
    That was truly an awesome reply. Thanks a lot for that! I will make sure to get back to it in the near future.

That being said, I don't know how much I'll be able to change my presentation of Kyouko to be in line with what you'd like. I honestly do see Kyouko as pretty flashy, and intentionally so. Not to an insane degree, but roughly on par with Mami.
  10. Triple_R
    2012-03-12 20:48
    Triple_R
    By the way, I finally updated Madoka Magica: Pure Pink Pretty Lovers.

This latest chapter is VERY Sayaka-focused, so I'm really looking forward to getting your take on it.