AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Coldlight

Notices

Conversation Between Coldlight and Triple_R
Showing Visitor Messages 21 to 30 of 165
  1. Coldlight
    2013-10-06 05:25
    Coldlight
    Since I didn't make a top ten, signature seven or even a top three for this year compared to the Saimoe of years past, I can't exactly answer that question straightaway.

There are several characters in mind that I would've added to such a list, but there is no definitive "No. 2" in my mind yet. Many of those "several" have also been eliminated already.

In a less than ideal scenario, part of me would want to witness a HanaKana girl ascend to the top. There are only two such characters remaining as of the moment: Ruri and Kobato.
  2. Triple_R
    2013-10-04 21:51
    Triple_R
    I'm curious - I'm sure we both want Sayaka to make it to the J-SaiMoe 2013 finals (and win). But who is your No. 2 girl in this tournament? What would your dream finale be, in other words?
  3. Coldlight
    2013-09-14 23:52
    Coldlight
    If you're intending to showcase them, I believe the Madoka Magica subforum has more people available to view the pics than the Miracles & Magic group; however, the fast moving nature of image threads also mean the pics will eventually get buried among many others.

The downsides of uploading to M&M is that there are far fewer people available to view the pics, and image size restrictions in AS's image albums will impact the size and quality of the pictures.

So, in the short run - subforum; long run - Miracles & Magic. That's what I think.

0. Thanks for the full version of that awesome image! My search tools brought up nothing, but thanks to you I finally have it in my collection.

1. Very nice. Especially the work with the shadows. Not sure about her detached dark blue sleeves recolored to almost black, but it's good.

2. 403 Forbidden

3. Not too familiar with western comic styles, but that's an interesting fight pose. I wanted her Soul Gem to be a bit more visible, though. Her face is the biggest change, but it's not bad.

4. The great sword upgrade to her regular cutlass is freaking awesome. Nice updates, but I'm not a fan of too much gold and black infringing on the original blue-white balance. That's one fine cape though! It goes well with the feathery look of her fortissimo hairpins now. If she is qualified to be summoned as a Rider class Servant in addition to her (IMO) qualifications for Saber and Berserker class, that's what she'd look like!

Don't worry about it, I appreciate your picture link posts! Even if I can't reply right away, I'll eventually get to it after all.
  4. Triple_R
    2013-09-11 20:20
    Triple_R
    I've recently come across some simply spectacular Sayaka artwork on pixiv. The artists there are just doing an incredible job with her!

However, these are big, huge pics, and I'm not sure how best to showcase them either on the Madoka Magica subforum, or in the Miracles and Magic group.

But in any event, here are four fantastic pics of Sayaka that I really want to get your take on.

1. Sayaka, Gurren Lagann style

2. Sayaka, Chibi Style

3. Sayaka, DC Comics Style

4. Sayaka, After Partying With Fate/Zero's Iskander (That last one includes a pantsu, just so you know)

However, if I am coming across as a hassle with the pics and PMs I've sent you lately, please tell me. I've perhaps been a bit overzealous lately.
  5. Triple_R
    2013-09-10 16:10
    Triple_R
    A fellow AS member ran the source image for my sig through Google, and managed to get this. The full pic includes Kyouko, and it's an awesome piece of artwork. You might want to add it to the picture album for the Miracles and Magic group. I'd do so myself, but it's not working for me and I don't think I'm up to shrinking this enough to make it fit.
  6. Coldlight
    2013-09-08 20:49
    Coldlight
    Well, I'll be! It turned out better than what I could've done with my set of PS tricks.

I think I'll go for my cuter sets to accompany your cooler style. Once I find the time... I don't have access to PS (or my picture archives) here at work, but I hope to change my set within this week.

I gave her a welcome, and was pleasantly surprised to see she's already joined the Social Group dedicated to Sayaka. It's not as active as I'd hoped, but at least it's still growing!
  7. Triple_R
    2013-09-08 19:40
    Triple_R
    Well, it's now been made into my new sig. I hope you like it! ^_^

By the way, a new user that's also a Sayaka fan recently showed up on this thread. It might be a good idea if we gave her a warm welcome.
  8. Coldlight
    2013-09-08 11:45
    Coldlight
    It's a seriously cool find!

As for using it as a signature, I think I'll keep mine for a little while longer and have you use that awesome picture of Sayaka instead. I'm not feeling very creative recently, so I'm thinking it could be interesting what the very talented sigmakers of AS could do with it rather than me with my admittedly lesser skills can.

I was also thinking of reusing and/or updating some old Sayaka sets to accommodate the recent updates regarding avatar dimensions and (much less recent) signature dimensions. I thank you for considering me though; had I got the creative juices flowing and the time to experiment, I would have taken you up on your offer. I'm not going to tell you to wait for a week or more until I can come up with a forum set idea using the picture, so you should go for it instead.
  9. Triple_R
    2013-09-08 09:56
    Triple_R
    I somehow came across this while doing a Google image search for Shindouji (minor Mahjong team in Saki) of all things.

This is one of the coolest images I've ever seen of Sayaka. Somebody should make an AS sig out of this - You're the one person here who's probably a bigger Sayaka fan than even me. So if you want to make a sig out of this, and use it for your sig, it's yours.

If you'd rather keep your current sig, then I'm going to ask someone to make a sig out of it for me to use for my sig. Your call.
  10. Triple_R
    2013-09-03 10:50
    Triple_R
    As promised, I've watched the first three episodes of Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi now. The third episode certainly did have a lot of punch to it. I can see why you found it moving.

What I like most about the show is its visual style. It just makes everything look so rich and vibrant. This is particularly impressive given that the settings so far have just been villages, small wooden houses, and rocky nature settings.

Sad about what happened to Ai's father, though at least she was able to spend a day with him before his burial. He was a very interesting character with a great character design, so I'm wondering how the show will feel without him.

As an aside, I might be switching avatars soon. If you can find a new, good Sayaka avatar for me, there's a decent chance I'll use it.