AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Coldlight

Notices

Conversation Between Coldlight and grylsyjaeger
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Coldlight
    2013-08-13 11:09
    Coldlight
    For me, it was worth it. There were enough visual changes in most scenes that I didn't think I was watching a mere recap with reused footage, even though the story was pretty much the same. The second movie had a few extra/extended scenes that weren't in the TV version (including a preview consisting of all-new material for the final movie).

Both movies also had re-recorded lines for the seiyuu, so even if the lines were almost the same, the voices sounded subtly different. If you liked the music, there were soundtracks in the movies that I never heard in the TV series - plus the ClariS song Luminous and the Kalafina song Hikari Furu (for the second movie).

Also, there is high grade art and animation as one could expect from a movie version; at least on par with the BD version of the TV series (beware of skimping on file size if you choose to watch and go down the fansub route).

Ultimately, I think it depends on how much you like the series and how much of the details you can remember. I'm a huge fan of the series and the biggest Sayaka fan on this forum so I'm probably rather biased about this.
  2. grylsyjaeger
    2013-08-13 08:40
    grylsyjaeger
    Tomoe Mami.

When she died? That's about when the show smacked me in the face and I knew what I'd been told about the show drawing you in was true.

Is it worth watching the first two movies then if they just recap the series?
  3. Coldlight
    2013-08-13 08:09
    Coldlight
    Awesome!

If ever my sig misled you into expecting some actual Sayaka x Kyouko shoujo-ai in the anime, I apologize for that. It's one of my earnest hopes as a fan of the pairing to see something like it in the upcoming third Madoka movie (a sequel to the story unlike the first two movies).

However, I will not apologize for causing you to watch a good show.

So, which of the girls was your favorite in the anime?
  4. grylsyjaeger
    2013-08-13 05:18
    grylsyjaeger
    Cheers again, mate.

It's because of that image I finally watched Madoka... GIVE ME BACK MY HEART DAMMIT!

Good show, really enjoyed it.
  5. grylsyjaeger
    2013-08-08 08:25
    grylsyjaeger
    Cheers, mate!
  6. Coldlight
    2013-08-08 07:55
    Coldlight
    Well, I sure do!

Link (safe)

Enjoy.
  7. grylsyjaeger
    2013-08-08 06:29
    grylsyjaeger
    G'day mate,

I was wondering if you had a link to the original image used in your sig? It's too bloody cute!
  8. grylsyjaeger
    2011-01-21 06:29
    grylsyjaeger
    G'day, just letting you know I'm trying to organize a community re-reading of Onani Master Kurosawa if you're interested;

Information

Feel free to spread the word to anyone who might not cringe after the first few pages!