AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Kirito

Notices

Conversation Between Kirito and bakAnki
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 11
  1. bakAnki
    2013-05-27 02:48
    bakAnki
    Here goes the continuation of my previous message.
    Spoiler for Drama on Nonoka part:

Oh yeah, outside Haruka route, the Photography Club hardly play any major role on other part of heroine, well maybe the exception is on Mai route where they lend Kazuya their erotic magazine, but after that they didn't do anything important. I think it's the anime who takes the liberty to make the other Photography Club members to get more appearance for the comedy scene, but originally they mostly only appear on the school festival, and that's only just to have conversation with Kazuya telling him to take break so he can go see the rest of festival.

And I'm sorry to inform that my PSP is broken the half-way I'm replaying Nonoka story, it can't read the disc or even the ISO file T_T So I can't currently replay Photo Kano anymore to give more comparison or insight of what the anime cut. But if you have more questions I'm more than happy to try to answer based on my memory. Aah, now I'm more jealous of my friends who own PSVita and have been playing the Photo Kano Kiss >.<
  2. bakAnki
    2013-05-27 02:46
    bakAnki
    Got it

Yeah, I don't know why decide to do what they're doing, making Kazuya looks bad on the 4 first episodes, mostly because the blackmail thing. Even the seiyuus are joking about it I'm not sure of the marketing, I think it's because the new Photo Kano has DLC (download content) now so they can gain more from it, and to boost the sale of Blu-Ray and DVD they include special bonus DLC so now both the anime and game sales can increase even though the anime is half-hearted. While back then on Amagami since it didn't have any DLC, so they went all out to make the anime interesting showing all the charm of the girls and their interaction with the MC to make even non-player interested on the anime.

After replaying the game a little bit more, I noticed that every story L (for the main 6 heroines, since the 3 hidden heroines only have 1 story regardless the club player chose) has drama point, where most of the time the girl feels depressed for some time until player get to next part of the story, while on the story H the drama is there but due to it resolved instantly on the same event you can hardly get the depressed feeling.
    Spoiler for The drama moment for Haruka, Aki, Sanehara:

I won't talk about the rest of heroine route because I'm afraid it will ruin your fun when watching the anime, but since you brought up Nonoka, I'll post it on my next VM since the board limits the character to 5000 long
  3. Kirito
    2013-05-26 23:57
    Kirito
    It's fine but tell me if I'm bothering you. That's all I'm asking. Anyway...

Ahem:

I'm aware that most dating sim/game adaption will possibly get rushed with things left out. It's sort of weird that they'd make a decision based off the fact that they're 6 main and 2-3 sub heroines to work with within a 1 cour air spot. I mean Amagami got 2 cour during its release, why not Photo Kano? It could either be series popularity or just a means to promote a product to increase the fandom a lot more. With 12 episodes and over 6 heroines it's sort of hard to add more "depth" to the imagery and have to skip things that could be an necessity to the character and romantic development, in some aspects. Haruka had that, but the others will too I'm afraid due to it being 12 episodes and all.

Most mediums adapted from manga, games, and novels seem to have a good depth of coverage. Some end or gets covered better than others, but sometimes no. PK is sort of split down the middle in that regard.

I sort of noticed that both routes (L(ove) and H(appy)) have good equal amount of romantic depth, but I still think that character development added with comedy like you said sort comes first before the romance aspect develops. I see that L and H routes have their difference, but it still doesn't change the fact that the premise and the approach changes slightly.

Spoiler for Nonoka Arc - Reply:

I understand what you're saying, but I feel like an arc does display more character development and depth so that romance feels more natural. It's only natural for the H route to have comedy due to the nature of the club that the MC joins in contrast to the latter that focuses on more "tame" ideals. Each heroine have way of developing and the respective routes really come into play depending on the personality, situation, and interactions with the mc. I understand what you're saying, but I'm still trying to understand the series a little more. I love the series but some thought can be put into interpreting how things flow, from my standpoint of course.
  4. bakAnki
    2013-05-26 07:14
    bakAnki
    No need to apologize, if any I'm the one who should apologize to take time replying your message ^^

Lately I'm sucker for romance manga/anime too, that's actually the reason I tried to play Photo Kano game in the first place. I've never been played love sim game other than Love Plus (Oreimo, Haganai, and PapaKiki are visual novel, from my POV it's different than love sim genre). And for anime adapted from love simulation game like this, for me personally omnibus format is the best so every heroine can have their time to shine and show the viewer their own charm. At this point for PK anime we should be prepared that the rest of episode will as rushed. I wonder if it would be better if it still 1 cour (12 eps) but they went omnibus from the get-go so the 6 default six main heroines each have 2 episodes, while Tomoe episode could be an OVA. Sure Haruka will get less screen time but IMO it would help the other 5 girls to get more exposure. And no hate to Haruka too, but the search scenes from Haruka arc on episode 5 is quite unnecessary and could be shorten, replaced by lovey-dovey scenes. There are quite many of those events on the game's after-school date event >.<

But just like you said, if it's adapted from manga or light novel, anime version of harem or romance series tends to omit unnecessary scenes and just focused on important flag/event. And Photo Kano gets the worse result since this is originally a love simulation game where all the dialogues/interaction on the gameplay and sub-event helps to build the romance between the MC and the girl so it feels natural, not rushed like we got on the anime so far

For the difference of story L(ove) and H(appy), from what I got from playing the game, both have romantic development on it, and the basic premise is still the same. Like on Aki arc, both have the same premise of Aki's other side outside the usual perfect top student and strict stuco prez she made, or on Haruka arc is for she and Kazuya get back to how they used to be when they were child. What set the stories apart from each other is the approach, L has normal event leads to romantic development, while H is played with series of comedic events but it also leads to romantic development as the girl and Kazuya grows to like each other after spending time together get through those things.

For example the Nonoka stories. I'll put it behind spoiler tag because it contains spoiler.
    Spoiler for Nonoka arc:

The same on most heroine story too. Take example of Haruka route where on L they become close again step by step because photography and Haruka wants to help Kazuya become his model while on H Kazuya is 'forced' to get close to Haruka in order to protect her from his fellow clubmate's attacks (and treated in comedic way too). Or Hikari L story where Kazuya is sincere to want to see Hikari laugh and take picture of people again because he feels that it's too lonely for her to always alone; while on story H he never felt that way in the beginning for her, it's just (again, in comedic way) he gets many opportunities to take picture of Hikari's embarrassing side and make Hikari begins to interest to take picture of people, starting on herself and then Kazuya in order for 'revenge' so they get in the battle of taking each other's embarrassing picture that leads them closer and closer, and Hikari begins to like Kazuya's smile and starting to trust him, as well as falls in love with him.

I'm sorry if my explanation is not clear
  5. Kirito
    2013-05-25 14:51
    Kirito
    That's good because you pretty much got me into this series. It's really fun chatting with you about it. Feel free to tell me if I'm bothering you if I overstep my bounds a bit. One user whom I can call a dear friend is upset with me right now because that.

Anyway...

Spoiler for Current PK Anime Reply - BakAnki:

Spoiler for Nonoka Misaki L & H Routes - Just In Case:

Am I on the mark there or am I missing something. To me it feels like that, but could be wrong. Who knows? Sorry for talking up your time. I got a little bit into this. Will keep it moderate next time. Once again, please accept my apologies.
  6. bakAnki
    2013-05-25 11:37
    bakAnki
    Ahaha, no probs. It always nice to be able to talk about Photo Kano anyway X3

I was gave up hope the first time I know it's only 1 cour with 12 episode. I honestly thought that they will only do full Haruka route with part of other girls's story added in-between to please the fans, so when we get the confirmation that it's an omnibus after all I was happy. No hate for Haruka too, since I like the character, but her route (both version) is one my least favorite on the game mostly because her interaction with the MC is too painful to watch most of the time >.<

And yeah, I was really hoping it get as much love as Amagami with 2 cour, 24 episodes so all heroine get enough, not rushed time to cover their story. The character development and interaction is enough, but I do want more. There's many interesting scenes for more lovey-dovey interaction on the sub-events on the game the anime didn't adapted. It really feels that the anime is only an ad for the PSVita game, they only give the essential scene but to get the whole experience we have to play (and buy) the game >.>

I hope we get deleted scenes, including the kiss scene, for the Blu-Ray/DVD version because even though I'm fine with no kiss scene, but I get that it's quite important for romance series like this. The epilogue for the two latest episodes do imply that Kazuya and the girl are couple in the end, but it does like it's missing something
  7. Kirito
    2013-05-24 20:06
    Kirito
    Spoiler for Sanehara - Response:

Spoiler for Aki Route - Anime:
  8. bakAnki
    2013-05-22 04:09
    bakAnki
    Then I'll put it behind spoiler tag too, just in case...
    Spoiler for Sanehara:
  9. Kirito
    2013-05-22 03:33
    Kirito
    Question!

Spoiler for Photo Kano - Just In Case:
  10. Kirito
    2012-07-08 12:55
    Kirito
    I'm glad you're taking a liking to the series. The anime and the novels are really amazing, I'm sure you're going to enjoy it. The novel series had ten volumes and the anime had 24 episode, it's one of my favourite light novel series.

When you're done be sure to tell me how it goes.