AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Kirito

Notices

Conversation Between Kirito and Soverence
Showing Visitor Messages 21 to 30 of 74
  1. Kirito
    2013-08-16 15:00
    Kirito
    I don't have a Crunchyroll account of any kind. I guess I'll have to make it.
  2. Soverence
    2013-08-16 14:53
    Soverence
    well do you have a free account at least? I need you to have one so I can gift you the guest pass.
  3. Kirito
    2013-08-16 14:37
    Kirito
    Yes I do need one because I don't have a Crunchyroll account. Sorry about that!
  4. Soverence
    2013-08-16 14:24
    Soverence
    Before I respond to that whole message, I forget, did you need a guest pass to crunchyroll to watch the premiere of OreImo tomorrow or no?
  5. Kirito
    2013-08-15 22:18
    Kirito
    Never expected a reply from you so sudden. None the less...

Ahem:

Two more days, huh? Can't wait! I have get my heart and snacks ready. I'm happy that you're a Kirino, I like her myself and she's my 3rd fave of the girl. Like I said: about the ending I find it acceptable. I enjoyed it, but my feelings of it is just that of "acceptable" to say the least.

If you're looking for some new group for JRPGs why don't you give the Tales series a chance? I'm currently playing Tales of Xillia, and totally worth the wait and money I've spent on it. You have a PS3 right? If so, why don't you buy it or rent to give it a shot? FF15 looks great, but at the same time skeptical about the company working on the game. I'm glad that the previous Square Enix president is gone, but I feel like the "influential" presence of mind still lingers in the workplace as well... and that is worrying. JRPGs is a niche market, but I enjoy investing my time into them. I love games with good stories, characters, and art styles, so that's what draws me to them in the long run.

Don't have Steam, but might get it in the future. Right now consoles is where it is at for me due to me being a big console supporter for over 19 years. Have a PS4 pre ordered and I don't see a reason to cancel it now due to me being a big Sony fan. MS can go suck... On second thought they get two big middle fingers from me. Not big on MMO's at the moment, they seem really generic. Looks fun, but it doesn't make me feel like it's "gamer fun". Probably my console mindset being a little biased, but I might consider picking them up in the long run. But for now my comp must remain used for BD anime downloads and emulators.

Summer isn't that bad, but isn't exciting. Out of all the show I'm following only three make me the most hyped. The others to, but not as much as the three. I haven't looked at the full fall listings yet. I will after writing my reply to you.

A long bus ride for a 2-3 stay can be troublesome, but it can be doable. Plus, when the time comes we can take about that more in full detail, right? Not much of a hockey fan, so I can't relate to the Bruins etc. But I did remember their name correctly so that's good. That's good, whenever I go to cons I just go, eat, and just go home and reorganize my collection. I don't remember the last con I've been to, but... it brings back happy but painful memories... yeah.

People say I'm nice guy throughout my life. I just can't abandon others or see them get hurt. My parents say to look out for myself, but I'm just like shounen protagonist in some ways. I don't smile 90% of the time because I sort off "forgotten" how to. Don't get me wrong, I laugh like most people, but smiling is a different story.I know that's family, but to me it's a big hindrance in my peace keeping lifestyle. I love them, but always need to have the aspirin ready when things go awry.

Really? The series is about to close? How many volumes of the LN were published? Some stories I feel drift from the context that made it great in the first place is often replaced by others means to satisfy newcomers more than less the fans. SAO to me have done this, but Oreigaru sort of broke that trend because the characters, story, and premise were fleshed out and really natural. It's hard to say, some people like bitchy tsundere while others don't. Kirino is bratty, but not the point where you should hate her. It's all about consistency, Kirino was in tune with her characters, but I felt like the anime and novel should've shown her development a bit more and left her come out of her shell in someways that doesn't seem forced or shallow. But to me she's just staying within her characters, but slowly showing her changes in ways that are deemed "conveniently situational".

Of course! ClariS do love to make great music and I love them to death. Stylish, cute, cool, and artistic what more can you ask for, right? I wonder what new single would be used in the 3rd Madoka movie, but for now I'll hype myself for it. As for tickets, I'll check if they're taking pre-tickets now! This movie is going to be one for the history books that's for sure. Did you know that a new Madoka project will be worked on after the movie arc ends?
  6. Soverence
    2013-08-15 21:08
    Soverence
    I am so excited about the OreImo ending comes out in two days , personally I loved it but that is probably just because I am such a big Kirino fan . Well at least your opinion seems to be better than most other people's who's "girl didn't win" which mainly seemed to be the whole series was shit and was never good anyway.

Yeah, there are some games from the series that I enjoy but for the most part I have just found them middle of the field or below average which really isn't worth my time. I do like the looks of FF15 though, it seems to have changed quite a few things so I might be willing to give it a try and see how it goes. We aren't even going to talk about FF14 and how much of a mess that was . Yeah, although I feel recently that the JRPG market has been a little slow, might be because of the console gen switch coming up.

I have games on the computer, like I have steam and have gotten games on there because there are some genres that just don't work off of the computer. Games like starcraft, total war, civilization, league, etc, just don't work on consoles all that well. I will probably end up getting the PS4 in the long run but I have decided to wait at least a year after their launch to get one. I am content with the current gen I have and there are a bunch of games on this gen that I still need to play so I can wait it out that is for sure.

Yeah, I am going to try and enjoy this season since it looks like, to me at least, that the next season is going to be weaker than the Summer season. Don't get me wrong, there are some shows that have already caught my eye for the Fall season but I don't think there is going to be that many strong shows in it.

Yeah Bus rides aren't that bad at all and 5-6 hours isn't really that bad of a trip, a little lengthy for a weekend stay or so but still very do-able. Yeah, most countries don't know too much about areas outside of their own country. People know where all the big countries are but get into specific areas in a country they aren't from and no one will know what you are talking about. Yes sir, the Boston Bruins, they got so close to winning it all this year :'(, next year, next year . Everyone loves their naps, and yeah bringing your laptop would be a good idea, last year after the cons we usually went back to our friends place and played video games/watched anime.

Hmmm, well being a helpful person is a good thing, yes there are going to be people who are going to try and take advantage of you but you can't let that stop you from helping others. I was like that in high school as well, I have started talking and being a little more sociable since I got to college but I still like just sitting back and listening every so often. Yeah that sounds about right for siblings, yeah love them but at the same time you hate them sort of thing.

Hmm you can go more into it, I am willing to discuss OreImo for hours on end if you so wanted to . Ahh, yeah I remember discussing Saori with you so I thought she was your favorite but that makes sense as well. Yeah, that reaction seems about right, I guess at the early screening of the ending when he rejects her most of the Ruri fans left at that point so being angry seems like the normal response. The story routes in the games are really awesome actually, even if they aren't "canon" i like how they are written by the original author and they all still have the same charm as the actual series. My favorite route in the games is the Kanako route personally.

Yeah that is how I feel about Eita x Masuzu as well, I believe the final novel for this series is coming out soon or already has come out? I don't remember which but I know if not yet it will be soon. I will have to read up on how it all ends cause I still like the series even if the anime was a little bit of a disappointment to me. I understand what you mean about presentation, even a great story presented in a shitty way can come off as a bad story. I feel like the few signs of development/appreciation Kirino shows in the anime are just overlooked because of how few in number they are compared to her being somewhat bitchy.

Yeah I am happy to hear that they are still keeping up with working and making new songs. I am hoping for a screening of the 3rd and final movie in Boston because if their is I am without a doubt getting tickets for it.
  7. Kirito
    2013-08-06 13:12
    Kirito
    I'm at work, well on break, just 2 more hours before I can go home. Since I have time, here's my reply.

Ahem:

It's okay. Whether you were busy or too lazy to reply it's understandable. I'm a really patient and understanding guy so I can picture that things on here or outside the forum have kept your busy from responding. I'm so ready for the final Oreimo ending myself. the ending wasn't good or bad... all I can say is it was "acceptable". Not the best, not the worse, just "acceptable" let's leave it at that...for now.

I can understand if Final Fantasy isn't for you. Lately for the past 4 years I've been steering away from the series because of the awful direction it was going. Final Fantasy XIII as a whole series is just a mess. Since then I've played past FF titles and enjoyed them, but the new ones not so much. Going to give FF-15 a shot, but for now putting my interesting in other JRPG titles such as Tales, Altier, and Persona.

Me too. I've played on consoles all my life and to me it'll feel weird for me to just ship to PC. Don't get me wrong, I love playing games on my PC, but I pretty much just so it for watching and downloading anime (BD ones). I have my PS4 pre-ordered and I will get it, but MS can just blow themselves. I've heard of FTP titles such as League of Legends, but never got the time to get into it because of my console only for gaming mindset.

For Summer Anime 2013, I'm currently following 8-9 shows. The ones I can list off the top of my head are: Monogatari, Sunday without God, Blood Lad, Danga Ronpa, Symphogear, Hyperdimensional Neptunia. The rest are on my profile if you wish to have a look. All and all I'm enjoying Summer 2013 anime, Monogatari is weird, but amusing since it's conversation after conversation that sort of loses it bearing as the flow of it drags on and changes in unnecessary directions.

I don't mind taking the bus really because I take it to get to and from work. I've been using it for a long time so I don't mind a long trip as long as the seats are comfy enough to sleep on. 5-6 "pfft" I can do that no problem. It's fine if you haven't heard of Ottawa because I don't know anything American either. I knew of Boston because, like you, due to the hockey team...Bruins I believe, right? So worries, I will be sure to bring a laptop or an handheld system to past the time, or just sleep. Like Kumin, I like my naps.

In school I was the person people relied on, and I enjoy helping people. People always told it was a bad thing since people could take advantage of me like that. I don't really talk or speak that often, but I do love to listen. The only times I talk is when people talk about things I like or if it's to ask a question. You're lucky. My younger brother and older sister piss me off to no end. I love them, but they just irritate me...I need to move out soon.

It's like I said: The ending wasn't good or bad, just "acceptable". It sort got me scratching my head and got me thinking why did everything happen only to bring about the negative notion surround Kirino and Kyousuke. They meant well, but...still wasn't worth it. I'll get into it, but only if you're willing to listen. No, Saori is my second favourite character. My favourite girl is Kuroneko/Ruri, and the fact that she lost... okay I'll admit it, my heart broke, I teared up, grinded my teeth, rubbed my temple in agitation, I raged (for about 20 minutes, not joking), rolled on the floor cursing Fushimi-sensei, then regained my composure to finish the final volume. To me, the PSP Kuroneko route is canon, enough said!

I don't think you should lose that much hope in the Chiwa x Eita route. To me, Masuzu and Eita's relationship are based off an obligation. It felt more like "since we've gotten ourselves knee deep into this, we might as well go all the way, right?". Writing is good, but presentation is also key because you want to feel like you're bonding with the character and have a good connection in many ways. I didn't mind Kirino's attitude in the anime or novel because it's her staying within the confines of her character. She showed development, but had to be more apparant in some cases. I'm sure the author did that in awkward places just to save face, to keep the consistence of her character.

I heard of that too, but need to look that up. I'm glad that they're returning, but I'm sure it's a new single that isn't in the Second Story album. It was the same with Birthday before Luminous was released and promoted a couple of months later after the albums release. The 3rd Madoka movie is just around the corner, need to keep my eye out for tickets because I sure as hell don't want to miss this.
  8. Soverence
    2013-08-03 00:29
    Soverence
    Well it is my turn to reply now after 2 weeks, I really should reply faster, I am not even doing anything I just always forgot to do it. Anyhow it really was a great series, I am looking forward to the OVA in a couple of weeks to finish up the anime. I am sure there are going to be a lot of people unhappy with the ending but I feel like it was a fitting ending all in all.

Yeah I can understand that about JRPG's and there stories but final fantasy has always seemed like it did it more than other series do. Idk, maybe I just haven't played enough JRPG's and am being overly critical of FF but something about most of them has always bugged me. It is a good game to get into the genre, I will agree with you there. It is kind of like Naruto, the series itself is pretty much average but is great for getting into the medium.

The main reason I have stayed with consoles for so long is because of the fact you can actually own the games that you buy and playing party games which don't really exist on a computer. Now that both next gens will keep that I am sure that I will eventually get one it is just a matter of time and price. PC gaming has its perks, there are a lot of free downloadable games out there like League of Legends and such that you can't play on consoles. Also PC games are usually cheaper because you are only buying the rights to use the game and not the actual game itself. PC and Console both have their drawbacks and benefits.

Okay, I get what you are going for now, and alright, thanks. The Summer line up has actually been surprisingly decent in my opinion. When I first looked at it in the Spring I though the Summer line up would be really shitty but it has turned out to have a few quite enjoyable series. Watamote, Blood Lad, TWGOK, Sunday without god, and Monogatari (although this series is really boring in my opinion). How about you, what are you actually watching now that the season has had some time to it.

Yeah, it might be a little longer on a Bus due to changes, probably around 5-6 hours I would think but still that is not that bad of a trip to make. I have heard of Ottawa, although I won't lie I only have heard of it because of the hockey team they have xD. Yeah, Buses have like WiFi and Outlets on them now so being on a bus like that you can do just about anything you want. Personally, I like sleeping on Bus rides but that is just me.

Yeah, I was kind of the same person except only my friends came to me for help not everyone. I started to make a lot of friends in my Junior/Senior years of high school, I got better at socializing which I am sure is what helped me make friends. I am a only child so I don't know what it is like to have actual siblings, most people I hear say they are annoying to deal with usually so I guess I am kind of glad I am a only child.

That seems like the reaction that most people probably had to the ending, any good ending will usually have that kind of a reaction to it. Of course, although I am not good at starting such topics so I will let you give your opinion first and will follow up on it if you don't mind. I believe you said your favorite girl was Saori right? I might be thinking of someone else but I am pretty sure.

Yeah, I just feel like if he doesn't end up with Chiwa its almost like the story betrayed his character. His whole goal and drive is her and then some random girl comes and blackmails him and he falls in love with her? It just doesn't seem realistic and those kind of developments always bug me. I am actually not that critical of seiyuu's acting usually, even if the voice seems a little off I find it very rare that I am ever actually unhappy with the voice choice for a character. Writing and Directing are probably the most key for me when it comes to a adaptation, what to cut and what to include because that can be a much more important decision then it seems. Hell in Oreimo because of some of the stuff they cut so many people hated Kirino because she seemed like a heartless bitch in the anime compared to the novel where she came off more as a tsundere with a little too much tsun.

I really hope that the 3rd Madoka movie gets a screening in Boston, cause if it does I am without a doubt getting a ticket to go see it. I believe they have announced the name of the song that ClariS is doing for the opening now if I remember correctly?
  9. Kirito
    2013-07-14 23:57
    Kirito
    Yo~ It's me. I can finally reply back to you because I now officially finished reading the final volume of Oreimo. Although I'm sad that the series is now over, I hope, in your spare time, we can discuss our thoughts on the final volume and our respective journeys that we've both experience with this series. Anyway... let me start off where we last talked.

Ahem:

E3 2012 did have interesting games, but Persona 4 Arena was way on my anticipations list that I forgot all about them. JRPG's stories are awkwardly long but it's like watching a long anime except you get to them play them. Final Fantasy is really good to get into the genre since most gamers JRPG starting point was said series. Never considered PC gaming since I've been used to playing on consoles for so long. I might considering if certain games come out for it, but I do play on emulators and such...I suppose that can be PC experience right?

If you're busy and can't reply it's fine. I'm just too busy being engrossed with the summer 2013 anime line up. I have to say: I'm truly impressed. Right now I'm following 8-9 shows right now and totally enjoying them. In other words: Do what you have to do to gets things done on your end. You have your priorities and it's my right to respect them. So take your time and reply back when it's convenient for you.

I see, well I do live near the US border. I think it'll take about 4-5 hours on Greyhound from Ottawa (Which is in Canada and the heart of the nations government) to Boston I believe. Trip doesn't seem that bad just as long as you bring a laptop, handheld game, or something to keep you company. Good to hear our feelings are mutual, in a friendly aspect.

MC from Aku no Hana has been dumb choices in contrast when I was that age. In high school I was the quiet and go to guy. I pretty much hung out with friends, studied in the library, or just waste my days off on the comp or playing games. I'm somewhat similar to Kyousuke from Oreimo in that regard minus I have a younger brother instead of a younger sister... I do have an older sister though, unfortunately.

As for Oreimo...like I said I've read volume 12 translated from start to finish. The volume made my heart race, broke my heart a little in some places, and at the same time really conflicted. The ending during the journey is the reason for this... I will get into this if you're willing to get into a discussion with me on it. Overall I'd give the series an 8.5/10, but at the same time I'll be adding my favourite girl from the series into my "Anime List of Girls That Will Never Get Picked" document. When it comes to pairings I must be cursed or something.

I just see Triple R whenever I see him. Don't converse with him unless if it's a question regarding his work or an anime he watched that I'm interested in. Not that much of a hockey fan so won't see him on that thread.

Chiwa x Eita is my second choice since she's the "drive" that gave the MC a goal only to get sidetracked by a "contract" bound by Masuzu. As for LN or manga adaptations of works I usually make fair judgement on them based on how the seiyuu's captured the characters original context of the adaptation and how the writing and directing aspect will go. Most of the series that air I don't hear of them until I finish the anime itself, some I knnew, but was disappointed by a few of them.

As for the ClariS album. I didn't fully listen to it yet because I've been sidetracked by wanting to know Oreimo's ending, reading tidbits of the novels, plus enjoying and finalizing my picks for Summer 2013. Now with my duties with Oreimo are finished, I can finish listening to Second Story. I'm glad that they're coming back to sing for the 3rd Madoka Movie. Can't wait to see what they have in store for it when it comes out! Plus, the movie screenings are coming to Canada... off to reserve my ticket... when I'm able too of course.
  10. Soverence
    2013-07-06 12:03
    Soverence
    Yeah, well I remember a couple big games from last yeaars E3 like Watch Dogs looks really good to me, but besides that last year was a little slow. I like some JRPGs, I have never been a fan of final fantasy just because it seems to drag on but that is its style I guess. Hmmm if you say so, I only play one fighting game so I can't really say how fighting games in general are in each console. Microsoft might have actually thought what they were doing was a good idea, trying to move consoles in a different direction. Problem was, they were making it like a PC in which case I might as well build a actual Gaming PC that has a wider library, cheaper games, and can do other things on top of it.

It is not a inconvenience at all, I usually just reply when I have the ability to. The delay for a reply was longer this time cause I have been busy with all the 4th of July festivities that have been going on over the last week or so. My family is putting on a firework show tonight so I have had to help get ready for that with planning and set-up so I have been a little more busy which is good in my eyes.

Cool beans . I would like to invite other people that I know from this site, main problem is most of the other people I know well on this site live somewhere in Europe or Western Cost U.S. / Canada which makes it a somewhat expensive trip just to come over for a convention of this size. As do I, As do I .

Yeah, I can never really get into those teenage stories that all basically come about because the teenager makes a series of insane/stupid choices. I can't really relate at all myself, I was the goody-too-shoe so I didn't make too many stupid choices myself.

Well if you want to be spoiled, I will be happy to spoil you . Who do you think he is going to choose? I won't tell you if you are right or wrong, I will just argue with you as if I don't know.

I will have to take a look at his work sometime then, I don't see him that often, I usually see him on the NHL thread.

Reading the light novels is usually a good idea, they usually give the best and most detailed story. Although I have noticed that Manga usually cut out very little from the light novels compared to anime, probably because Manga get a lot more time to run I am guessing. You should read HenNeko if you enjoyed the anime, it is slightly different from the anime, the overall story is mostly the same but a lot of the humor is different.

The main reason I liked Chiwa x Eita is because the pairing between the two makes the most sense. Eita's whole motivation for trying hard in school is to try and help Chiwa, he has the longest history with her, and I think they just look cute together . A Saori fan ha? Not too many of those since she seems to be more of a secondary character in the anime but she is a cool character because of her attitude and such. My favorite character from Oreimo (as my avatar might tell you) is Kirino with Ayase as second I would have to say.

I would assume the thought would scare you but I had to throw that idea out there I felt. Just sitting back and enjoying there good music while supporting them is the best thing a music fan can do . Wooo for early album releases! Let me know how the overall album is when you have a chance!