AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Kirito

Notices

Conversation Between Kirito and Triple_R
Showing Visitor Messages 21 to 30 of 60
  1. Triple_R
    2012-07-03 18:56
    Triple_R
    Hey, how's it going?!

I've been a bit busy lately with birthdays, family events, RL issues, and following the NHL free agency period (it starts every July 1st), but I thought I should drop in to say hello.

Especially since I've hit another writer's block with my PPPL fanfic as you can probably tell, lol.

Hopefully I'll have something new on that done soon though.

Love your new avatar by the way, but I'm not sure if I recognize her. What's her name and where's she from?

Also, if there's any Summer 2012 anime you want to recommend to me, shoot away! I've only settled on two or three so far.
  2. Kirito
    2012-06-19 14:30
    Kirito
    Mahjong is really a complex and tricky game. I found it to be a fun and frustrating game if you can't calculate points and understand how moves work. There's a funny story of my first mahjong debut, but I'll tell you that story some other time. I can tell you this: I thought that kongs were the best move in the game and it's so hilarious that I played mahjong around the same time Saki first aired.

I play chess, but don't know people in my area who play it. I'm really good at it and I taught it to a few people in the past. I started playing it around middle school and played it as a past time during high school, never joined the club because I wanted to focus on homework and writing.
  3. Triple_R
    2012-06-18 22:29
    Triple_R
    Yeah, with mahjong I find it hard to keep track of all the different hands that give you points. Learning when and when not to use riichi is tricky too. It's a very complex game, like chess.

How are you at chess? Are you in any chess clubs?
  4. Kirito
    2012-06-18 22:18
    Kirito
    Well, I really like Yuri and Saki...to tell you the truth I've had my doubts at first but after watching it, the series grew on me!, I tried mahjong myself and there was so much rules and regulations you had to follow. I literally thought that it was a orthodox version of chess (which I play), but it was fun learning it. I still can't play mahjong but I enjoy learning and attempting to play it.

You don't have to give me cheap unnecessary sympathy you know. Are you sure you're saying those things to me to make me feel better about myself...because if you are...IT'S NOT WORKING!!!!
  5. Triple_R
    2012-06-18 22:12
    Triple_R
    Yeah, I'm with you. Saki/Nodoka is my favorite pairing on the show too. They do look great together - That's part of the reason I started the new Social Group.

On, and for what it's worth, I'm also with you on All-Girls vs. Harem. What you wrote is much the same as my own view. Don't worry. You're not alone in your views there.
  6. Kirito
    2012-06-18 22:08
    Kirito
    Sure why not. My favourite pairing is Saki and Nodoka they look really cute together and they make a scary mahjong pair. There are a few others, but the main two just click with me.
  7. Triple_R
    2012-06-18 21:59
    Triple_R
    No, it's fine. I'm pretty free tonight actually. I'm going to be watching a bit of anime later on, but I'm free for now.

What are your favorite Saki pairings? I obviously like Saki/Nodoka, but Yumi/Momo is also very touching to me.
  8. Kirito
    2012-06-18 21:52
    Kirito
    Sorry for bothering you and taking up your time. Please focus on other things besides my well being. You have better things to do, right?
  9. Triple_R
    2012-06-18 21:51
    Triple_R
    Oh, also, I've tried a bit of mahjong myself, but I myself am pretty bad at it. I still don't fully grasp the game is probably why.
  10. Triple_R
    2012-06-18 21:50
    Triple_R
    I totally agree with you on the Saki anime. I felt the same way about it as you did. I just wanted to make sure you'd seen it before I invited you to a Saki-based group. Thanks for joining!

So how's things been going for you lately?