AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Auxilism

Notices

Conversation Between Auxilism and Kaijo
Showing Visitor Messages 11 to 15 of 15
  1. Auxilism
    2012-11-07 23:01
    Auxilism
    Well, it's your opinion; I won't try to change it.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tvtropes
    are never seen doing anything explicitly sexual
    I think you've said this a few times here or in your fics; Nanoha was never about romance. It's like trying to bash a comedy for having no horror. Pardon me but I will consider that article partially void due to this.
  2. Kaijo
    2012-11-07 21:50
    Kaijo
    Quote:
    I also agree that NanoFate is not canon and probably will never be shown as canon since there are now so many characters Tsuzuki wants to write about. I never meant to prove that it was canon, I wanted to disprove that it has no chance to be canon.

Well, I'll accept the guys. I've already accepted girls being homosexual, so why not the other gender?
    Heh, you're free to do so. I, and quite a few others on the board, tend to lean toward Heterosexual Life Partners. In fact, Nanoha and Fate are listed as part of the trope in the anime/manga section!

So, while I can see fics taking their relationship in a homosexual direction (and yes, there is enough subtext to play off that interpretation), I don't tend to see them that way currently. If anything, I see it as them perhaps having feelings for each other deep inside, and just haven't acted on it. But otherwise, I see them like many other "bromances" with buddy cops and such.

Plus, having been around the block a few times, it kinda unnerves me when people see "closeness" as "obviously romantic." Two people can't just be close without any romantic or sexual tension? I tend to find this attitude from those who haven't experienced such closeness in their lives, so obviously they would have no experience spotting it. I have, so I guess that just makes me more reluctant to actually call something a romantic relationship, without explicit evidence (such as a mouth to mouth kiss).
  3. Auxilism
    2012-11-07 19:16
    Auxilism
    Quote:
    Partially, but I left it a bit vague because as you noted, artificial insemination was also a possibility. In short, a man was still needed somehow.
    Oh, then I agree with you on this.

I also agree that NanoFate is not canon and probably will never be shown as canon since there are now so many characters Tsuzuki wants to write about. I never meant to prove that it was canon, I wanted to disprove that it has no chance to be canon.

Well, I'll accept the guys. I've already accepted girls being homosexual, so why not the other gender?
  4. Kaijo
    2012-11-07 09:27
    Kaijo
    Quote:
    Sorry, that part was rushed; I was thinking of how to phrase it when my lecturer came in. When you posted, "she presumes Nanoha will get pregnant by a man", I thought that you meant via sexual intercourse. I wanted to point out that she could stay true to Fate and have still a child.
    Partially, but I left it a bit vague because as you noted, artificial insemination was also a possibility. In short, a man was still needed somehow.

Quote:
    Somehow I think that the last part was also directed at me
    Not really; it was more heading things off at the pass. I just get tired of people picking up vague things and twisting them to proclaim that the real truth is that "this" couple is canon. I have no problems with people who like the pairing, and prefer it. Just in those that choose to warp vague data points to proclaim they have the greater truth.

It's vague for a reason (Tsuzuki prefers trolling the fanbase), and a big test I use, is to reverse the genders. What if two male actors joked about carrying the baby for their partner? And told a journalistic that they played their buddy cop routine as a married couple?
  5. Auxilism
    2012-11-06 09:14
    Auxilism
    Hello, I decided to bring our discussion here since we would stop talking about Nanoha if we went on.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
    There was still a certain donation that was needed with those two women, as you note in your second link.
    Sorry, that part was rushed; I was thinking of how to phrase it when my lecturer came in. When you posted, "she presumes Nanoha will get pregnant by a man", I thought that you meant via sexual intercourse. I wanted to point out that she could stay true to Fate and have still a child.

If that was not what you were thinking, please ignore what I've said.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kaijo
    Yes, science fiction could invent some process, but the point remains that the two VA's were joking around. I highly doubt Yukari was seriously thinking that science fiction would give her a baby.
    I'm neutral on this but agreeable.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kaijo
    Although yes, I do believe they partly play their characters as a married couple, or at least close sisters. Part of being a VA is playing to the fans and having fun, joking around. Not being straight-laced or 100% serious. Although that can be a problem for those who can't separate fiction from reality, or humor and seriousness.
    Somehow I think that the last part was also directed at me