AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > MeoTwister5

Notices

Conversation Between MeoTwister5 and Pocari_Sweat
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5
  1. MeoTwister5
    2012-07-09 04:51
    MeoTwister5
    Eh the Tari Tari pilot bored me honestly. Gonna try out Kokoro Connect later.
  2. Pocari_Sweat
    2012-07-09 04:30
    Pocari_Sweat
    So how you finding Tari Tari and Kokoro Connect so far?
  3. Pocari_Sweat
    2012-05-07 09:16
    Pocari_Sweat
    You posted this on the Hyou-ka thread:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
    3 episodes in and I still don't get why I'm liking this show with every passing week. Again, the characters are KyotoAni stock characters, there mysteries aren't compelling, the setting is cliche and there's no single wow factor in show that's remotely gripping.

And yet I'm addicted like a drug. Maybe it's Eru's eyes or the standout KyotoAni animation. I still can't understand why I'm waiting for this show every damn week. I don't freaking get it. I honestly have trouble finding a single real quality in this show that makes it stand out, and again it's not exactly the sum of it's parts. Perhaps that's the actual real mystery of the show: how the show is keeping people like me hooked every week when I don't particularly love or like anything about it.

Seriously WTF KyotoAni?
    To be honest, I have similar reactions to you, except I think I figured out why I actually like it. Tl;DR post here me trying to explain .
  4. MeoTwister5
    2012-04-27 05:18
    MeoTwister5
    Well if there are any studios who can do SoL well, it's P.A. and KyoAni.

As for Oonuma, well, Ef was more a credit to Takayama's adaptation of the original game for me.
  5. Pocari_Sweat
    2012-04-27 04:27
    Pocari_Sweat
    You posted this on the Summer 2012 expectation thread:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
    Kokoro Connect and Tari Tari - Apparently girls doing girl things again. I'm such a sucker for these shows for some damn reason. Of course some of them turn out to be good so why not.
    Now normally, I get quite bored in "all female cast slice of life" type shows, as shown in my lack of interest for Kyoani titles in general (unless if it involves Haruhi and maybe Key, though Clannad AS was the only real Key title I really liked) or popular series of similar genres such as Working, Idolmaster and Kannagi. I guess Azumanga is the only real one that I liked in the past, but I has some favouritism for that due to it being one of the first titles on the genre. To give a current example, I'm bored with Natsuiro Kiseki for example, though it isn't bad by any means.

But for whatever reason, whenever I the following tags: PA Works, Anime Original, Slice of Life, I get all giddy they are instantly on my watch list. I must be a fanboy or something . But really, both True Tears and Hanasaku Iroha (despite it's flaws) has a certain charm, execution and budget that no other studio seems to be able to match - for me personally. Hence, very much looking forward to Tari Tari for my "moe slice of life fix" and probably Hanasaku Iroha S2 sometime later in the year. I've pretty much liked every PA title except Angel Beats, including that Professor Layton movie which seems to be unknown by most people.

As for Kokoro Connect... it's got more to do with me giving the ultimatum to Shin Oonuma after his high days of ef. Guy hasn't produced anything of quality since then, and for the first time since being in charge of Silver Link, he's gotten his hands on a decent source material.

Anyways this was probably a random post for you, but hope it wasn't too much of a spam!