AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Vallen Chaos Valiant

Notices

Conversation Between Vallen Chaos Valiant and Dann of Thursday
Showing Visitor Messages 11 to 20 of 22
  1. Dann of Thursday
    2008-10-07 16:09
    Dann of Thursday
    Magazines? I guess it seems Taniguchi himself stated it is up to our imaginations. I find it odd all these magazines would print all these pics and material that say he is dead though.
  2. Vallen Chaos Valiant
    2008-10-07 15:23
    Vallen Chaos Valiant
    Confirmed dead by who?
    Anyone can tell that Sunrise wrote it to please both ways. Lulu is both alive and dead until proven otherwise.
  3. Dann of Thursday
    2008-10-07 12:33
    Dann of Thursday
    And I guess we can't do another series since it seems the ending is not open and that he was confirmed dead.
  4. Dann of Thursday
    2008-10-07 06:12
    Dann of Thursday
    Hmm, I see. Well, I have to say I feel relieved with that since while there were some loose ends that were not tied up, I felt it accomplished what it set out to do if not as well as it could have and that the open being left open is just fine.

And I suppose those small Picture Dramas could yield something as well since the novels and manga did not interest me.

Thanks Vallen.
  5. Vallen Chaos Valiant
    2008-10-07 05:33
    Vallen Chaos Valiant
    About your question on the possibility of making more Code Geass for the sake of the market; don't count on it.
    Unlike something like the My-Hime franchise, Code Geass is too close to the Gundam market to be of much benefit to Sunrise in the long run. They wouldn't get much new customers.
    The Sunrise Executives never expected anything from it, and my expectations is that Code Geass will go the way of Nadesico and Vandread as series that "could" have a sequel, but no one bothered because it is too hard.

At most, the novels and manga will last a little while longer. And if you are lucky, there would be a few special ovas released like My-Otome did. But more full-length series wouldn't be made until the next time Sunrise run out of things to animate.
  6. Dann of Thursday
    2008-10-07 04:20
    Dann of Thursday
    Do you mind if I ask you what the chances are of them doing some sort of continuation of Code Geass, as is currently being talked about? I don't feel that the things that were not tied up really need a whole movie or something to deal with them, but I'm not sure in the end. I'd like to think that they would just leave it open and I have noticed that pretty much all of Taniguchi's works were open to some degree in the end, but I can't help but think that Sunrise might try to capitalize on the popularity as much as possible. I apologize for bothering you in any case.
  7. Dann of Thursday
    2008-09-29 18:29
    Dann of Thursday
    Well, I guess I can live with that. It's not like this is the first time Taniguchi has done an open ending where the choice is up to us either. In s-CRY-ed for instance, he said it was up to the viewer to choose who won that last fight. Thanks.
  8. Vallen Chaos Valiant
    2008-09-29 18:23
    Vallen Chaos Valiant
    (Reply to what you asked me in my profile)
    Sunrise didn't do much other than trying to have the cake and eat it too.
    That's why Lulu may or may not be alive. They could have made it clear either way, but they chose not to.
  9. Dann of Thursday
    2008-09-29 11:05
    Dann of Thursday
    Hi, I just wanted to say that I thought your comparisons with King Arthur and Seinfeld as well as your explanations on what exactly Lelouch accomplished were good and well thought out. So you really think that they do want to make it up to us then?
  10. Dann of Thursday
    2008-08-24 09:04
    Dann of Thursday
    Um, I don't plan on going back there anytime soon. I don't want to risk getting any more crazy than I am.

I'm not sure what to think. I liked 15 and all that, but now that they restored her memories I have to wonder what the damn point of all that was. I'm also convinced she'll die saving Lelouch or something. Guildford and Nunnally's deaths were odd to me. Guildford never had any reunion with Cornelia and something just feels odd about Nunnally being dead like that. New Guren is way too powerful and I bet Lancelot is too. Gino might end up betraying Schneizal at least.

And I think my theories of Marianne being "evil" were right and I think now that the entire attack was a set-up for Lelouch to become something. I don't know what this means for C.C., but her chances already seem quite bad to me.