AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Shiroth

Notices

Conversation Between Shiroth and Kunagisa
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Shiroth
    2011-09-18 03:59
    Shiroth
    I can believe the sales number. Would be nice to see an anime adaptation for the reason alone that it would break more of a spotlight over the series. It's already a shame more people don't know about 3gatsu, being an Umino work and all.

Facial reactions have always been one of Umino's many talents. Honey and Clover is a damn good example, and look at how well they crossed over into the anime.

Need to go read some 3gatsu now.
  2. Kunagisa
    2011-09-17 21:04
    Kunagisa
    I think it's guaranteed an anime given the sales number (would have to dig up some info to back this claim but shall do that another time), just right now the material is too little (I mean many chapters only have 14 pages).

Even with 6 volumes, there are too much left unexplored at the moment. The story is pretty simple when you think about it, but the amount of character depth conveyed for the whole cast is pretty stellar because of the dialogues (like you mentioned) and she can draw the faces so well.

Poor Rei ;__;.
  3. Shiroth
    2011-09-17 06:41
    Shiroth
    Would have liked to see another group pick up the translation, but then again it is nice to have just one group, even though the wait was very painful. As for an anime adaptation, what do you think the chances are?

Oh wow, you're preparing me nicely for what's to come in this series. Shame i can't have an actually conversation with you about the future material, though i'm sure we can chat as each chapter is released.

I've only read 20 chapters, though it's easily one of the best titles i've ever read. I'm highly fond of Umino's Honey and Clover, though 3gatsu blows me away with each page. Dialogue is so damn impressive and hart hitting.
  4. Kunagisa
    2011-09-16 06:05
    Kunagisa
    Yeah, hopefully.

I don't think they meant to tease. They slowed down a bit too because the raw for vol 4-6 didn't come out for the longest time. I also don't think anyone else would even bother doing it EVEN IF there's an anime adaptation (won't be for a while I'm sure). The whole TS/TL nightmare is quite uncomparable to any other series that come to mind.

Then again, I'm totally biased toward the groups ;___;. I like Rei more than Morita, which I thought is quite impressive because I didn't think Umino could top that character. There's a character that comes up later on that really makes me want to punch his face out (which never happened with H+C), but then Umino made that character totally unhateable in the next few chapter. I just slammed my head the entire time reading those chapters due to the ambivalent emotions.

I was going to rave about how there is not enough Kyouko in the later chapters, but I realize I'm ranting. Finding people to talk about 3gatsu is hard even though it is definitely one of my recurring favorite ;__;.
  5. Shiroth
    2011-09-16 05:29
    Shiroth
    I read the chapter yesterday, though thanks for letting me know just incase i didn't stop it. Such a beautiful series seriously one of the best i've ever read. I can understand the rl problems, though it would be nice to see a big release after this chapter 20 tease.

Good to hear the manga is still strong as ever 60 chapters on. Would love to read them.
  6. Kunagisa
    2011-09-16 04:16
    Kunagisa
    A new chapter of 3gatsu came out~~ Man, I'm so sad the English translation's so slow, but really can't blame the two groups cause of so much irl crap going on for them ... I think Chara (from BWYS) has scripts up to vol 3 of the tank version, so whenever Lenners (from SCX) has time to QC and redraw etc. they can hopefully cough a few more chapters out.

Iirc Japanese's up to chapter 66-67 already.

Reading chapter 66 makes me want to cry again (that's like every chapter ... Umino magic ...)