AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > White Manju Bun

Notices

Conversation Between White Manju Bun and LKK
Showing Visitor Messages 31 to 40 of 731
  1. LKK
    2013-05-30 08:19
    LKK
    Happy Birthday! And this makes birthday wish #3. The spell is complete. You're going to have a very charmed day.
  2. LKK
    2013-02-26 12:33
    LKK
    TP published 10 volumes of Dazzle before going defunct. (That's another series where the next volume was announced but never materialized.) The series is currently at 13 volumes in Japan and still running according to BU Manga.
  3. White Manju Bun
    2013-02-26 12:29
    White Manju Bun
    How many vols did Dazzle end up being? I never got past vol 4 sadly since I could never find 5.
  4. LKK
    2013-02-26 10:08
    LKK
    With GH v12, it's especially frustrating since Del Rey had finally announced its release. We were promised it but it never happened. There are a few other favorite titles that were in similar situations -- final volume announced but the company folded just beforehand. I think GH and Two Flowers for the Dragon (CMX) were the ones like that that hit me hardest.
  5. White Manju Bun
    2013-02-26 09:40
    White Manju Bun
    Grrrrrr! I hate having unfinished series, espc this one! We waited so long, can't we just have 12 and be done with it!! /rant
  6. LKK
    2013-02-26 09:08
    LKK
    Except for 1 or 2 small details, there's no information in the v12 that we didn't know or hadn't deduced. However, you'll enjoy how the info is revealed. Naru is still Naru, after all. So find it & read it! One other thing, I'm sure the v12 ending is slightly different from the novel because the v12 ending was clearly written knowing that a sequel to the series exists.

Speaking of the sequel, chapter 2 is also out.

Kodansha rep said somewhere that every title they're going to pick up from Del Rey has already been announced. No more Del Rey will be published. So no more GH in print.

JManga, the digital online site, has said that they plan to put up all the former Del Rey titles Kodansha isn't picking up. When I asked for GH, they said that they'll get to it & maybe raise it up in priority since I had begged for it. JManga is digital only, but they've talked about print on demand in the future. Lots of "ifs" involved but someday maybe maybe we can get a physical GH v12 through them.
  7. White Manju Bun
    2013-02-25 23:26
    White Manju Bun
    Gah I still havent read it! And I just realized Im gonna have to re-dl it since the copy I had was on Shikimi. I have started the new series but only read chap 1, I dont even know if anything has been scanlated.

Ive been considering the idea of once a day tweeting the KodanshaUSA twitter account and asking them to please finally release GH 12, seriously this is ridiculous.
  8. LKK
    2013-02-25 19:10
    LKK
    I finally read GH v12 this afternoon. (Don't know why I kept putting it off.) I was surprised at how much of what we knew & had concluded was confirmed. Even the bit about touching the desks during the kokuri-san case in order to learn if the students were doing anything unusual was confirmed! And that was truly just an educated deduction on my part. Wow.

Well, now that I've finished GH proper, I can start up on the sequel which is being published / scanlated far too slowly. I want it all now!
  9. White Manju Bun
    2013-02-25 12:00
    White Manju Bun
    Im so proud!
  10. LKK
    2013-02-25 11:55
    LKK
    You will be proud of me. Hubby & I have been watching Gun x Sword through Netflix rental. We've been watching the dub. (I assume you know why, right?) Well, Netflix doesn't have disk 6 in stock. So for the 3 eps on disk 6, we switched over to Funi's site and watched the streams. They only have subbed streams for free visitors. So we watched those instead. A tertiary character came on. He started talking. I thought I recognized his voice. Checked on ANN & I was right. It was Takahiro Sakurai. That's the first time I've ever recognized any seiyuu's voice without knowing that he/she was voicing a character in the show.