AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > 0utf0xZer0

Notices

Conversation Between 0utf0xZer0 and Guardian Enzo
Showing Visitor Messages 11 to 20 of 78
  1. Guardian Enzo
    2013-10-25 00:42
    Guardian Enzo
    Well, truth be told that was what I figured was going on all along, so i didn't consider it a difference maker in how I view the series. We still might be in better than average hands by LN standards, but there's a lot of range in that description...
  2. 0utf0xZer0
    2013-10-24 20:21
    0utf0xZer0
    Spoiler for Tokyo Ravens 3:
  3. 0utf0xZer0
    2013-10-17 02:55
    0utf0xZer0
    So I figured out why that one guy in Non Non Biyori doesn't speak much: he's too genre savvy.

Thank about it: he understands that if he speaks much, the show will genre shift into a harem. And then he'll have a harem consisting of two blood related imoutos and two really underage girls. What would he do if the multiple choice god from NouKome showed up to make him choose?
  4. Guardian Enzo
    2013-10-12 10:42
    Guardian Enzo
    That's cool beans right there.
  5. 0utf0xZer0
    2013-10-12 03:02
    0utf0xZer0
    Attended the last of three Wolf Children screenings at the Vancouver International Film Festival. Film was f***ing awesome and definitely benefited from the excellent AV system the hosting theater had in place. Was lucky I and my anime club preordered because it was a total sell out.

Afterwards we went to a pub, though we were worried a couple of Japanese exchange we had with us wouldn't be allowed in. Luckily, they did allow their Japanese passports as proof of age. At one point some of us were scrolling a CrunchyRoll listing on a cell phone and pointing out shows we liked, wanted to watch. I pointed out Uchouten Kazoku. At which point our exchange student from Hokkaido, not recognizing the English "Eccentric Family", leans in to look at the pictures, does a bit of a jump, and then reaches into her handbag and pulls out the novel. Probably the most unexpected event of the evening.
  6. Guardian Enzo
    2013-10-11 19:34
    Guardian Enzo
    I find myself less interested in GD than I thought I would be, based on a generally positive take as the episode was playing. The whole thing feels kind of ordinary and conventional to me, but that's me.
  7. 0utf0xZer0
    2013-10-11 10:55
    0utf0xZer0
    Two thoughts on the Hozuki/Goldfish combo in Galilei Donna:
    1) When I think about it, loli+mecha is actually done a lot less often than I might expect.
    2) I'm not sure this will challenge Utao/Kukuri as my gold standard in loli+mecha pairings.
  8. Guardian Enzo
    2013-10-10 03:38
    Guardian Enzo
    I found the whole thing amazingly lifeless from the beginning, TBH. Very odd for a Kishi show.
  9. 0utf0xZer0
    2013-10-10 01:47
    0utf0xZer0
    I was actually enjoying Arpeggio until the last couple minutes where I realized Iona isn't the only ship that's managed to personify itself. Way to kill any sense of uniqueness your heroine had going for her guys, I have the feeling this is headed to my "shows to subject my friends to at our weekend screenings" list. And it's probably not even going to be memorable for that since one of my friends and I already conspired to subject the group to a fujoshi show double feature of Diabolik Lovers and Meganebu.
  10. Guardian Enzo
    2013-06-02 19:45
    Guardian Enzo
    I probably need to give up caring about that show one way or the other.