AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > 0utf0xZer0

Conversation Between 0utf0xZer0 and Guardian Enzo
Showing Visitor Messages 21 to 30 of 74
  1. 0utf0xZer0
    2013-04-20 21:13
    0utf0xZer0
    There's two ways I can answer that.

One is by saying that I get more "moe mileage" out of Dansai Bunri than pretty much everything else I've seen so far, but that's really subjective and I'm guessing a lot of people would dispute my rankings (ie. Dansai Bunri > RDG > Railgun S> Photo Kano...).

The other argument - and the one I consider the stronger of the two - is that I think if fits a recognizeable "vien" of moe shows - specifically that of shows like Moon Phase, Shana, and Gosick. All of which are strongly defined by their "leading loli" in spite of their genres (mystery, supernatural action, etc.). To me, Iwai has the same sort of series defining quality as Hazuki, Shana, and Victorique.
  2. Guardian Enzo
    2013-04-20 19:40
    Guardian Enzo
    Dansai Bunri is a moe show, really?
  3. 0utf0xZer0
    2013-04-20 17:57
    0utf0xZer0
    Quote:
    There's usually one great show every season that gets nowhere near enough attention, and this looks like the one for Spring. It's truly spectacular.
    First show I tried watching of the new season (the Red Data Girl pre-air doesn't count), once again proving my excellent taste in moe shows.

That Photo Kano was the second show I watched of the new season is, of course, completely meaningless and indicates nothing about my tastes. (BTW, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised after Sae's arc turned out so badly for similar reasons, but I find PK unusually creepy and not in a good way.)

Also, I know it's already passed in your part of the globe, but April 20th = Kuroneko's birthday.
  4. Guardian Enzo
    2013-04-02 04:06
    Guardian Enzo
    I never got the Sawa thing, to be honest - I was always a Wakana man!
  5. 0utf0xZer0
    2013-04-02 03:32
    0utf0xZer0
    So a local cosplayer my girlfriend and I have meet a couple times decided to try making Sawa's causal outfit from Tari Tari. Then her and a friend decided that since it was pretty "normal" looking, they could do a photo shoot at a local mall.
  6. 0utf0xZer0
    2013-01-23 04:34
    0utf0xZer0
    I know it's the same developer, not sure about author.

I wasn't thinking so much of B Gata as the fact I met my girlfriend through cosplay photography and have shot upwards of 300 photos of her in a single con weekend more than once. Hence it's a premise that just works for me.

Heck, my brother even teases my girlfriend about the "harem" of models I have of models who are regulars at local cons.
  7. Guardian Enzo
    2013-01-22 08:31
    Guardian Enzo
    Camera = romance is pretty much B Gata H Kei except with a harem, ne?

Isn't this the same author as Amagami SS?
  8. 0utf0xZer0
    2013-01-22 04:59
    0utf0xZer0
    Synopsis for Photo Kano:

The story revolves around the male protagonist who just got a DSLR camera from his dad and starts to develop photography as his new hobby. A harem comes out of this.

…Wow, a harem show with a plausible plot device for once.
  9. Guardian Enzo
    2013-01-03 08:09
    Guardian Enzo
    Thanks for the reply. Based on what I saw (signage, etc, people being stopped by staff) it seems to be more strictly enforced. I'm happy to abide by it - if that's what cosplayers want than they should have it - I was just curious as to why, because it didn't make sense to me as a non-cosplayer.
  10. 0utf0xZer0
    2013-01-03 03:20
    0utf0xZer0
    Re: the cosplay photography etiquette note in your comiket post:

As far as I am aware, "ask first" is part of the etiquette for cosplay photos at local cons too. That said, I don't ask if the person is already being photographed and I've noticed many other people don't either. Actually, many of my best photos have come from running across an interesting shoot in progress and shadowing their photographers for a bit, I almost always get a better show doing that than asking for a couple snapshots after. Did you notice similar behaviour at comiket, or is the rule more strictly enforced there?