AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > 0utf0xZer0

Notices

Conversation Between 0utf0xZer0 and Guardian Enzo
Showing Visitor Messages 41 to 50 of 74
  1. Guardian Enzo
    2012-08-18 11:38
    Guardian Enzo
    No... I wasn't aware of any RC writers attending, but it could be Divine - he lives up there. I'm honestly out of the loop on most RC stuff now that they have so many writers. I do know from experience that you can't just walk up to a Con and ask for a press badge - you have to pre-register, which I always do.

Thanks for the pics!
  2. 0utf0xZer0
    2012-08-18 02:36
    0utf0xZer0
    So when I was getting my badge at Anime Revolution in Vancouver today I heard one of the staff members ask another who Random Curiousity was and whether they could have one of the press badges... any idea what that was about?

Also, stock VM about my photos from the con:
    Some of my favourite shots from Day 1 of Anime Revolution at Canada Place in downtown Vancouver:
    https://rapidshare.com/files/1655734915/AR Day 1.zip

As with Sakuracon in Seattle, most of my photos ended up being Madoka or Fate/Zero related, but I think I got better photos from a smaller group of cosplayers because I had far more time and space at my disposal.
  3. Guardian Enzo
    2012-07-25 00:57
    Guardian Enzo
    Renji... But... That voice.

Haruka moe, eh? Hmm - maybe. He wouldn't be the first to pop to mind for me, though. Maybe July from DtB? Tarou from Ghost Hound?
  4. 0utf0xZer0
    2012-07-25 00:25
    0utf0xZer0
    Quote:
    Oh, Joshu-kun's moe - you bet he is. But you know you can't say that about a male without the thought police raining hot death down on you in their righteous rage.
    I've been openly proclaiming Yosuga no Sora's Haruka as moe since that show aired and I've proclaiming EF's Renji as moe for a good deal longer than that. No challengers yet. And if any appear I intend to smite them with my superior intellect and pretentious scholarly authority.

(I imagine that Yosuga no Sora's "Japanese country girls go wild for the shota look" meme might have rivaled "Kurenai is a cougar anime masquerading as a loli anime" as a romantic tension meme among my anime buddies if YnS had caught on more within the group.)
  5. 0utf0xZer0
    2012-07-10 03:08
    0utf0xZer0
    You do have a point - when I think about it I didn't consider that second arc as good as the first arc and side episodes have been. However, if I think about it I can also notice quite a few moments of touch failure in Kanon (albeit less noticeable than in some of the other Key/KyoAni works).

I still like Oonuma - probably because I'm so very, very much a sucker for romance-drama that can make me go "awww" and I've generally found when given a decent romance-drama premise (again, EF and Dusk Maiden), he's knocked that aspect of it out of the park. That's not surprising because I get the impression his taste in such anime are similar to mine in the first place (there's very strong parallels between episode 8 of EF Melodies and episode 5 of Iriya no Sora - and that's one of the episodes where anime and VN deviate). I've never had particularly high expectations of his more comedic or harem oriented work after the original BakaTest though... something just made me think he wasn't going to be able to keep it up, and I think I've been right on that front. Unfortunately it seems like the powers that be bet otherwise, probably based on BT1's strong sales.
  6. Guardian Enzo
    2012-07-10 01:53
    Guardian Enzo
    I can't honestly say I think original vs. adaptation has a big impact - it just seems like Tari Tari has more conviction about the characters than Kokoro does, so far. I don't know whether that's the fault of the source material or the adaptation.

As to Hyouka, while I loved the last episode, for my money Kanon still represents the clear high-water mark for a KyoAni series, touch and otherwise. Hyouka is a bit inconsistent (I never bought into the whole "Eba" arc) and tends to do better when it tries to do less.

As for Oonuma, my suspicion is that his role in KK is pretty limited - I simply don't think he's capable of being as restrained as the first episode was. I used to like him quite a bit - EF and the first season of B-T being prime examples - but for me, his work has declined pretty precipitously in quality over the last two years.
  7. 0utf0xZer0
    2012-07-10 01:04
    0utf0xZer0
    Question: Do you think PA Works' a"convincingness" in Tari Tari is in part the result of it being an original production? Granted, Hyouka is an adaptation and also nails it, but my personal feeling is that Kyoto's been developing the "touch" that makes Hyouka work over a very long time. And as impressive as the "touch" they brought to Kanon and the second season of K-On was, I'm not sure I've ever seen them quite as on their game as they are with Hyouka.

On the flip side... when I think about it, Oonuma actually tends to be pretty convincing as his best, which for me would be EF and the better episodes of Dusk Maiden (ep3 + a few in the second half). Both of which interestingly enough have some storyline changes, quite a few of which are not all that well liked by fans (though I hear many anime-first EF fans tend to prefer the anime version of Renji and Chihiro's story to the original VN version).

Edit: Also, I don't know if you saw when I mentioned it to Pocari_Sweat, but I think the "self inspection" gag in Kokoro Connection episode 1 would have been far funnier if it was the girl doing the self inspection.
  8. Guardian Enzo
    2012-03-11 00:48
    Guardian Enzo
    The real Karuta is cuter...

Indeed, this is a hard show to describe. I wasn't impressed at first, but it sort of wormed its way into my consciousness after a while, in part because it reminded me of the underrated classic Petopeto-san, though it really isn't all that similar in the end. It just makes me laugh at the stupidest things, and I can't get enough of Karuta and Watanuki. I still don't care for Soushi and especially for his relationship with Ririchiyo, but it's not a deal breaker.

What genre is it? Who's the target audience? I honestly have no idea. I think there are definitely people on Otome Road watching this show, even if most of the service is Ririchiyo-based.
  9. 0utf0xZer0
    2012-03-10 21:20
    0utf0xZer0
    Re: Inu x Boku SS:
    I recently recommended the show to Vexx and had the exact same problem with not being able to explain why I liked it.

I also have to say that the show really challenges classification into traditional audience demographics, since most of the fanservice seems male-oriented by then there's, well, Miketsukami. And his apparent past employment with Kage. The reaction of some of my anime buddies to the early episodes was amusing to watch in this regard, though they seem to be used to it now (and a couple of us were non-phased from the beginning, including me).

As a little side note, I've already seen one Inu x Boku SS cosplay at a local event:
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=13zom4j&s=5

Kind of wish I had access to a camera that could do shallow depth of field, my preference is actually to shoot cosplayers against a suitable backdrop but this is one of those cases where it just wasn't possible. And even some of the ones where I did have a nice backdrop could have probably used a bit of DOF.
  10. Guardian Enzo
    2012-02-26 12:24
    Guardian Enzo
    Well, honestly I don't see all that much otaku pandering in the original LE, but if there is it's sure tiny compared to what's in Fam. But really, the otaku pandering isn't the big problem - Fam herself isn't the big problem. Bad writing is the big problem.