AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > 0utf0xZer0

Notices

Conversation Between 0utf0xZer0 and Guardian Enzo
Showing Visitor Messages 51 to 60 of 74
  1. 0utf0xZer0
    2012-02-26 04:19
    0utf0xZer0
    Dropped my "pretentious moe scholar" take on Fam. Not sure if it'll surprise you to learn I think it's as bad as everyone else (despite my early goodwill to the series), though I do worry that my pointing out all the ways in which the original actually did have a decent amount of otaku pandering is going to result in "can't unsee" for some.

Also, is it just me or did this little bit of cosplay photography turn out pretty cool regardless of having to darken the dark bits because the real scene wasn't that contrasty?
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=r8hw1u&s=5
  2. Guardian Enzo
    2012-01-05 12:46
    Guardian Enzo
    Well, Infinite Stratos was distinctly average in my book, not like I loved it (though I did like "Charles" an awful lot). And I did like S;G much better than MPD. Just curious, dd you like Tamayura a lot?

I certainly consider my tastes to be character first - that's the most important element for me.
  3. 0utf0xZer0
    2012-01-05 04:20
    0utf0xZer0
    I'm actually thinking of voting Shingo (Mashiroiro) for best MC, which will probably come across as less surprising after reading the rest of the post.

Anyway, there's some overlap between our tastes, but I think we reach it from different sides. I've generally pegged you as an anime fan whose taste tends to be fairly sophisticated, but you enjoy guilty pleasure shows on the side. Whereas I'm primarily a moe fan, particularly of the reflective, sappy kind of moe seen in some visual novel adaptations. However, I also happens to also like sophistication and tension (remember, I did watch Game of Thrones) in my plots, with EF, Kurenai and Iriya no Sora being cases where the interests overlap.

This results in a few differences: first, I'm often more character or pairing focused than show focused - I didn't title myself "pretentious moe scholar" for no reason. Weirdly enough, one of the better examples I can think of this was a rare case where I think I was harder on a show than you: Infinite Stratos, which I felt seriously failed to capitalize on its best character. Second, it means that my taste tends to be "more Hanasaku Iroha or Steins;Gate than Penguin Drum (though Wandering Son managed to rank very high for me), more Charlotte than Ringo", even though I'm actually a fan of both Penguin Drum and Ringo in particular. It's just that this year a few shows that won over fans like you -Steins;Gate and Ikoku Meiro in particular, but Kamisama Dolls too to an extent - also happen to appeal to my tastes.

P.S. I agree that Enma-Kun should be the de facto winner for best ecchi this year.
  4. Guardian Enzo
    2012-01-05 03:33
    Guardian Enzo
    Actually, male MC was the tough one for me this year - I had to leave three off the list that really pained me (Okabe, Jintan and Nitorin). Ohana sort of wore out her welcome with me pretty quickly, TBH. Too static a character in many ways.

I hadn't really thought about our angles being all that different, as we seem to agree on a lot of things. What do you see as my "angle"?
  5. 0utf0xZer0
    2012-01-05 03:24
    0utf0xZer0
    You know, given how different our "angles" within the fandom are, I'm amused how many choices in the 2011 Awards are things that will probably end up on my nomination if I get time to do one, simply because of Kamisama Dolls and Ikoku Meiro.

Best female characters is going to be brutal for me though, simply due to Yune v. Ohana.
  6. Guardian Enzo
    2011-12-17 12:22
    Guardian Enzo
    I agree, that's a wondrous little series. Criminally underappreciated.
  7. 0utf0xZer0
    2011-12-17 03:09
    0utf0xZer0
    Was reading through your suggestions thread... always nice to run into someone I don't need to prod into watching Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu. It was one of the first seinen romances I saw and arguably still my favourite (the other contender being EF's first season), and more than anything else I think it shows that a moe romance flicks can be pretty tense and gripping.
  8. 0utf0xZer0
    2011-12-03 16:50
    0utf0xZer0
    So I recently found out that Gosick costars Takuya Eguchi and Aoi Yuuki are 6'2", and 4'9", respectively. Somehow, this greatly amuses me. And probably explains why Aoi wore boots with a substantial heels for this Gosick event.
  9. Guardian Enzo
    2011-10-09 00:20
    Guardian Enzo
    When I say "not a moe show" I really mean not just a moe show. because when people rip Ikoku Meiro, it's because they think it's just Yune moeblob and that's it. For me, I don't see moe as a good or bad thing in itself - it's just an element, like anything else. It seems like anime fans in particular are hung up on labels - I think of the silly "slice of life" debate that's been raging as a perfect example.

All I care about is one thing - is it a good show or not? If it is, I'll probably like it. If not, probably not.
  10. 0utf0xZer0
    2011-10-09 00:14
    0utf0xZer0
    To be fair, it's not difficult to read "Ikoku Meiro wasn't a moe show in my opinion" as indicating what I thought you were saying.

I'm probably a bit overreactive - I tend to see myself as a representative of sorts for the intelligent side of the moe fandom that sometimes gets lost amid the noise, so I like to lay claim to shows like Ikoku Meiro when I see them.