AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > 0utf0xZer0

Notices

Conversation Between 0utf0xZer0 and serenade_beta
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
  1. serenade_beta
    2010-10-22 01:24
    serenade_beta
    Quote:
    That's interesting... I had looked at the 3.5K per volume sales average and thought that it probably hadn't stood out much.

(Also, does "fufu" actually mean something in Japanese? I first heard the term a couple years back but I've never known what it means.)
    Well...
    There are probably lots of people that watched the anime without buying it.

It's just a way laughing is written in Japanese. Similar to Haha or Hihi, etc.
  2. 0utf0xZer0
    2010-10-21 01:12
    0utf0xZer0
    That's interesting... I had looked at the 3.5K per volume sales average and thought that it probably hadn't stood out much.

The comparison with Iriya is interesting because A) it predates School Days by quite a bit and B) the love triangle ends up playing out in the opposite direction, with the girls starting out enemies and then becoming friends. I guess the Enomoto's last scene and the general intensity of the last few episodes (the main reason it's one of my all time favourites) have parallels though.

(Also, does "fufu" actually mean something in Japanese? I first heard the term a couple years back but I've never known what it means.)
  3. serenade_beta
    2010-10-21 00:47
    serenade_beta
    Quote:
    I'm curious, do you know if School Days had much impact in Japan, or is just English speaking fans who seem to expect a violent end if there's a possessive girl in the harem?
    Oh it had a huge impact. In fact, probably even more impact than English speaking fans.
    For instance, when something like a love triangle has one of those "OMG" moments, people start singing "Kanashimi no Mukou he."
    There are some shows that people state remind them of School Days too, like Iriya no Sora. When it comes to murky, drama-type romance stories, School Days is practically the ruler.
  4. 0utf0xZer0
    2010-10-20 15:32
    0utf0xZer0
    I'm trying to keep at least a bit on topic in the YnS thread, so...
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
    Fufu, but as you can see, it is extremely influential to its viewers.
    I'm curious, do you know if School Days had much impact in Japan, or is just English speaking fans who seem to expect a violent end if there's a possessive girl in the harem?