AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > 0utf0xZer0

Notices

Conversation Between 0utf0xZer0 and Triple_R
Showing Visitor Messages 151 to 160 of 380
  1. 0utf0xZer0
    2013-01-13 04:20
    0utf0xZer0
    Don't really want to get involved in a thread that got that many posts in so little time, so in regards to VRO, I'll just say that I think the "Nanoha meets Strikes Witches" characterization is pretty accurate and like both shows, it's probably going to have quite a few fans who like it in spite of the fanservice. (I know such fans for both shows. Plus, note that Girls und Panzer is essentially matching Strike Witches 2's sales thus far despite having far less - or at least much classier - fanservice.).

Biggest surprise of this season so far for me is that I'm finding some lesser hyped entrants like Maoyuu Maou Yuusha and Katoura-san much more satisfying than Shaft and KyoAni's entrants - particular in KyoAni's case given my well known love of Hyouka and how much I think the K-On team (who I understand is behind Tamako Market - improved over that franchise' run.

OreShura is a toss up - I adore the OP but I can't decide whether I find Masuzu funny or just an utter dick - and coming from a admitted Hitagi fanboy, that says something.

GJ-Bu amused me and is odd among 4koma adaptations in that it actually does have a male main character - I found it oddly charming but probably not a must see unless you're a genre fan.

VRO was much better than I expected but still ranks towards the lower end of this seasons shows for me thus far.

And again - Maoyuu Maou Yuusha and especially Kotoura-san are the big winners so far for me, alongside a very strong slate of carryovers from Fall.
  2. Triple_R
    2013-01-03 07:09
    Triple_R
    Just a few points:

1) Well, I think that the ending of Kokoro Connect would have worked better for me if Iori had shown more change. In fairness, maybe some of this is an adaptation issue. I read that in the light novel, Iori changes her hairstyle. At least that would outwardly represent a mostly inner change (a change in why Iori is the way she is, if not a change in the way she is).

2) Yeah, I did see a strong contrast between Iori and the other major characters. It's not that I dislike those other major characters, it's just that they're defined by certain characteristics in a way that most real people aren't. You know how I say that Yui Hirasawa doesn't have an "off" switch? Well, it's kind of like that. Taichi, Inaba, Aoki, and Yui don't have many different facets to their personality. What they do have is largely fine, and they're certainly entertaining characters (as Yui Hirasawa herself is). But with Iori, she just feels a bit more real to me due to how there's a lot of inner diversity to her.

And to be fair, I have much less problem with Taichi and his sister than I do with most brother/sister pairs in anime. I do like how I get the impression that Taichi's little sister is just playfully teasing him (which is cute), and that she really does just love him as a sibling.
  3. 0utf0xZer0
    2013-01-03 04:44
    0utf0xZer0
    Girlfriend and I marathoned the Kokoro Connect Michi Random arc tonight.

I didn’t have nearly as big a problem with the ending as you did – I did see Iori’s journey as a deconstruction, but in more of a “genki-moe girls are as capable of depression and grinding axes as the rest of us” vein. I didn’t see her overcoming those issues at the end as ruining the point at all. I did wonder a little bit why she rejected Taichi in the end but I think the ambiguity there may have been intentional. I also like that they actually concluded the love triangle, far too many light novel romances just go nowhere.

Major difference in how we ended up where we did would appear to be that you found the contrast between Iori and the rest of the character notable and tried to find a meaning to it, I did not.

Also, regarding Taichi and his sister: they’re one of the few pairs of this kind I like, because there’s just enough subtly for me to see them as loving each other merely as siblings. Kind of like how I could just barely write off some of Koyomi’s more perverted actions in Bakemonogatari as figments of an overactive imagination – the lack of this subtly is the one major complain I have with Nise and Neko in comparison. (Also, the reactions to Taichi's little outburst of glee were just funnier than your average bit of siscon humour.)
  4. Triple_R
    2012-12-25 08:23
    Triple_R
    Merry Christmas". Please re-post and spread some cheer!!
    ★*˚°。°*。°*。★*˚°。°*。°˚°★*˚°。°*。°*★*˚°。°*。°*★
    ˛°_██_*˚°。°/♥ \*˚°。°*。°*★*˚°。°*。°*★*˚°。°*。°*★
    ˛. (´• ̮•)*.。*/♫.♫\*˛.*˛_Π_____*˚°。*。°*❤*˚°。°*。°*★
    .°( . • . ) ˛°./• '♫ ' •\.˛*./______/~\*˚°。°*。°*°*❤ ˚°*★
    *(...'•'.. ) *˛╬╬╬╬╬˛°.|田田❤|門|╬╬╬╬╬*˚°。°*。°* ♥
    ★*˚°。°*。°*。★ MERRY CHRISTMAS!!EVERYONE! ^_^
  5. 0utf0xZer0
    2012-11-28 15:40
    0utf0xZer0
    Madoka is 150 - part of the reason I picked it as a cut off is because it seems to be a "go to" height for short characters. Fuko, Kei, and Azusa are all 150cm.

Sayaka is 163cm/5'4". Compared with a Japanese national average for 19 year old women of 158 cm.

Feyris is clearly much shorter than Mayuri in the OP even accounting for being farther into the distance in the "lineup" shot, though the cat ears make her look a bit taller than she is. She's drawn about Mayuri's height in many scenes though.

It makes me wonder if the maid cafe staffers at Cos and Effect 2011 used the OP and/or actually heigh "spec" as a reference for costume assignments, because the (proportional ) heights look surprisingly close to me:
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=68wnz4&s=6
  6. Triple_R
    2012-11-28 13:58
    Triple_R
    I'm kind of surprised that Madoka wasn't below 150 cm. She certainly struck me as notably short compared to Homura, Hitomi, Kyouko, and Sayaka. Sayaka must be pretty tall if Madoka is over 150 cm.

Sana, Miu, and Ohana never struck me as that short, so I'm with you there. And while Feyris struck me as a bit short, I never thought she was below 145 cm!
  7. 0utf0xZer0
    2012-11-28 01:01
    0utf0xZer0
    I have a weird habit of memorizing the "official" heights of anime girls.

So here's a list of girls under 150cm (about 4'11) in a few shows:
    K-On!: None
    EF: None
    Madoka Magica: None
    All Key anime adaptations: Kud (145cm)
    Tari Tari: Konatsu (149cm)
    Mashiro-iro Symphony: Sana (148 cm), Miu (146 cm)
    Hanasaku Iroha: Ohana (147cm)
    Steins;Gate: Feyris (143cm)

Is it just me, or did some of those really not come across in the anime?

(edit: added Tari Tari, Madoka)
  8. 0utf0xZer0
    2012-11-27 04:47
    0utf0xZer0
    Question: what do you think the odds are that a cosplayer cosplaying as Eru in the second Hyouka ED would be mistaken as cosplaying Sherlock Holmes... as opposed to, you know, Chitanda Eru cosplaying as Sherlock Holmes?
  9. 0utf0xZer0
    2012-11-16 01:22
    0utf0xZer0
    You're the second person I've had peg episode three as the point where the show starts to get great - I personally place it a bit earlier, with the scene in episode 2 where Mashiro wants Sorata to model nude for her.

...No seriously. In addition to being a kind of fun reversal of the norm for a fanservice scene (normally it's the girl who ends up in the compromising position in a scene like this), it's the moment where I first really grasped how Mashiro's artistic ambition and socially ineptness are related, and hence got a sense of what made her tick as a character. And no, I don't think it was just that I was on the lookout for stuff like this to vindicate my position that the outrage at the show's premise was unwarranted - or at very least blind to the tongue in cheek nature of the show's audacity.
  10. Triple_R
    2012-11-15 19:05
    Triple_R
    And... I'm through six episodes of Sakurasou now. Yeah, episodes 3 through 6 were all really strong, maybe with a slight hiccup in Episode 5 were the comedy was briefly too heavy for my liking.

Thanks a lot for recommending this show to me!