AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > 0utf0xZer0

Notices

Conversation Between 0utf0xZer0 and Triple_R
Showing Visitor Messages 151 to 160 of 441
  1. Triple_R
    2013-10-18 18:30
    Triple_R
    I'm absolutely loving Hozuki. Best kid character I've seen in anime in awhile. It's like someone took the best aspects of a Disney kid character and the best aspects of the anime loli, and threw them altogether to create something wondrous that has all the strengths of both character types but almost none of their weaknesses. Wonderful character!

I also agree with you on Yaya's character design, which helps to explain why I'm able to roll with her clingy personality.

Chinami is pretty fun. She has this effervescent quality to her. Combine that with her thoughtfulness and eagerness to please, and she makes a very engaging character.

I don't have a strong opinion yet on the other girls on your list, but I could see some of them growing on me over time.
  2. 0utf0xZer0
    2013-10-18 03:12
    0utf0xZer0
    That being said... I could resist putting together a list of who the directors and lead writers are on various KyoAni shows, because I think it might be useful:

Kigami Yoshiji (with self): Munto

Takemoto Yasuhiro:
    With Gatou Shouji (the guy who wrote the FMP novels): Fumoffu, TSR, Hyouka
    With Machida Touko: Lucky Star
    +Haruhi (see notes)

Ishihara Tatsura:
    With Shimo Fumihiko: Air, Kanon, Clannad
    With Hanada Jukki: Chuunibyou, Nichijou
    +Haruhi (see notes)

Yamada Naoko
    With Yoshida Reiko: K-On , Tamako Market

Utsumi Hiroko:
    With Yokotani Masahiro: Free!

Ishidate Taichi
    With Hanada Jukki: Kyoukai no Kanata

Haruhi:
    S1: Ichihara Tatsura
    S2/Disappearance: Takemoto Yasuhiro with Ishihara as Chief Director

This makes me quite curious as to what the "old guard" will work on next.
    I'd avoid making too much of Hanada being lead writer for Chuunibyou, Nichijou, and Kanata no Kyoukai - because he also was lead writer for the Sola and Steins;Gate animes.
  3. 0utf0xZer0
    2013-10-18 01:50
    0utf0xZer0
    The LN/anime comparisons are fair, just unfortunately timed as they exasperate what was already annoying me about the discussion.

Edit: BTW, at this point, I'd like to wrap up my involvement with this discussion rather quickly. I'm hitting the point in the semester where I'm needing to devote more time to studies and I'm finding all this too tiring (though I still want your opinion on the petite list LOL).
  4. Triple_R
    2013-10-18 01:35
    Triple_R
    Don't worry, I'm going to sleep on your post. It's worth reflecting on.

I'll be honest - More than anything, I'm just pissed that KyoAni felt it was necessary to change Mirai the way they did. I feel like certain tropes and character elements are getting overplayed in anime lately, to the relative exclusion of others. Anyway, I'll leave it at that for now.

Thanks for being through-provoking as usual.
  5. 0utf0xZer0
    2013-10-18 01:27
    0utf0xZer0
    I wasn't just going after the anime v. LN criticism there. The thread just kind of feels like the "let's dogpile on Mirai!" thread in general. The rest I'll let my post explain.

Ugh, I really should have just quit the thread rather make that kind of "rage against the general tenor of the discussion" post. I'm too tired to be letting myself get dragged into this kind of thing these days.
  6. Triple_R
    2013-10-17 23:44
    Triple_R
    Do you really not get why anime Mirai is taking a lot of heat? It's because LN Mirai sounds way better to most of us!

There hasn't been a major KyoAni female character quite like Yuki Nagato since, well, Yuki Nagato herself. Some of us would prefer a character like that over yet another shy, timid, wants to be decisive but struggling with it girl. You do realize just how commonplace Mirai's character type is in anime right?

Yuki Nagato's character type is significantly rarer. That's probably part of the reason why characters like Yuki Nagato (Kanade, Eu, etc...) and Yuki Nagato herself tend to kick ass so much in moe competitions.
  7. 0utf0xZer0
    2013-10-17 01:41
    0utf0xZer0
    I suppose I at least have a shot at getting into Madoka 3 - you guys in Atlantic Canada never seem to have much luck with these things. I'm wondering if it's a case of different theatre ownership - looking at the list of theatres it'll be playing in Canada, most if not all of them are owned by Cineplex.

I think the clearest way to illustrate how this is a petite girl dominanted season for me is to look at the shows where my favourite character is petite versus those where she isn't:

Petite girl wins:
    Galilei Donna: Eight words: Hozuki's "please don't make me shoot" puppy eyes
    Golden Time: Chinami was on my "cute" list even before the show started airing
    Non Non Biyori: Komari-senpai
    Unbreakable Machine Doll: Yaya's character design unusually striking.
    Outbreak Company: Muriel - depending on whether you think she's a "petite" or "medium" option within the show itself.
    Kanata no Kyoukai: Ai is adorable, as a fan of timid girls I actually like Mirai a lot and she's on the small side

While Golden Time's Linda is intriguing and KnK's Mitsuki really is a looker in glasses, most of these victories are pretty clear cut too.

Contrast the cases where my favourite isn't the petite girl:
    Infinite Stratos 2: Charlotte obviously wins here, and I've never been nearly as much a fan of the loli-est of the bunch (Laura) as some are. Though Rin is petite and probably my second favourite. This one would probably be a more meaningful victory if the second season was leaving much of an impression though.
    Little Busters Refrain: This one has been leaving a much stronger impression than IS2 and Kurugaya has clearly eclipsed all others so far. That said, I could see Rin making a comeback here (my S1 favourites were Kurugaya, Kud, and Rin).
    Tokyo Ravens: Suzuka is actually a little bit annoying, so this one goes to Hokuto and especially Natsume.
    Strike the Blood: Err… I support lead hero X lead heroine route instead of the incest route? Bit of a weak victory.

A few other shows like I'm watching like Kill la Kill, Samurai Flamenco and Coppellion don't have an impact either way.
  8. Triple_R
    2013-10-16 20:19
    Triple_R
    Spoiler for Tokyo Ravens Episode 2:

I'm curious to know who are the petite girls you're liking this Fall 2013 season? There's probably at least a few we both like.

Thanks for the info on Madoka Magica! Here's hoping you get to attend the movie when it launches in BC.
  9. 0utf0xZer0
    2013-10-16 19:40
    0utf0xZer0
    Spoiler for Tokyo Ravens episode 2:

Re: Kurugaya:
    I'll just say she has a lot of counterbalancing to do this season. There's usually a few petite girls I'm into each season but right now they seem to cropping up all over the place.

Aniplex of America has announced that Madoka 3 will be playing the same four Vancouver area theaters as the first two... but hasn't said what the date will be. The US screenings for Madoka 3 are slated for December, so I'm really hoping they don't pick a day that conflicts with my exams. Unlike in the US, all Madoka 1 and 2 theatrical screenings in Canada occurred on the same day and I wouldn't be surprised to see the same here given that it's the same theatre chain involved.
  10. Triple_R
    2013-10-12 12:17
    Triple_R
    I agree with you on how Arpeggio making a lot (all?) of the fog-ships have moe girl representations was a bad call. That last scene in Episode 1 did seem needlessly pandering to me, and yeah, it makes Iona seem much less special.

I also liked GD's final scene because the show has this certain high-tech absurdity to it anyway. It felt less "out of left field" than what we saw in Arpeggio and Tokyo Ravens, imo.