AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > 0utf0xZer0

Conversation Between 0utf0xZer0 and Triple_R
Showing Visitor Messages 241 to 250 of 374
  1. Triple_R
    2011-11-12 02:36
    Triple_R
    Sincerely sorry Kuroneko didn't win. Your reasons for liking her/choosing her were very eloquently stated.

Still, a Final Four appearance in 2011 is not bad.
  2. 0utf0xZer0
    2011-11-10 05:45
    0utf0xZer0
    Spoiler for loli discussion:

Aside from being cute, a little mischevious, and a cosplayer, I think Kuroneko's main appeal to me is that she's not only a creative type, but also a creative type I could see being interested in the sort of creative projects I want to work on, even if my style isn't nearly as angsty as hers.
  3. Triple_R
    2011-11-09 23:25
    Triple_R
    I am with you 110% on Mikoto vs. Kuroneko!

Go Kuroneko Go!!!

... But then, I'm rooting for Shana no matter who she faces in the finals.
  4. Triple_R
    2011-11-09 12:29
    Triple_R
    Spoiler for loli discussion:

As for Kana Hanazawa, I'm honestly starting to think she's the best seiyu (at least female seiyu) in the business. She has an incredible range of characters to her name, and she manages to convey a lot of nuance and style with her voice. I also recently watched the Black Rock Shooter OVA, and I thought she did great as Mato in that.
  5. 0utf0xZer0
    2011-11-09 03:49
    0utf0xZer0
    Spoiler for loli-tsundere discussion:

Also, recently got linked to this video of Kana Hanazawa's voice work from 2003-2008. A lot of its what you'd expect, but she actually managed a few against type characters here too:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9FVi...ayer_embedded#!
    (I think the earliest clips in that are from when she was around 14 and still working as a child actress too.)
  6. Triple_R
    2011-11-08 19:33
    Triple_R
    Replying to you here since I don't want to drag the ISML thread off-topic...

Spoiler for Putting loli-tsundere discussion in spoiler space to save space:
  7. 0utf0xZer0
    2011-11-07 02:00
    0utf0xZer0
    The problem with the Kugamiya tsundere is that they can be high strung, shrill, and abusive, and many shows pump that aspect of their personality for comedy value. Kurisu strikes me as a return to the tradition of characters like Rin Tohsaka, Eri Sachikawa, and Tsugumi Komachi who were a lot more composed.

Asuza follows the Kugamiya formula in some respects - she can be high strung and shrill - but she isn't abusive and as you said she's a little more of a Type B. Kagami is different yet again - she's a very cynical and sarcastic person, but she isn't high strung.

And then there's Kuroneko, who I'd argue kind of merges the classical and Kugamiya streams. She's petite and has a glum attitude to be sure, but in other respects she comes across as closer to Kurisu than say, Shana.

Regarding the cutest anime girl thread, I'd actually break things into three:
    cutest: Kotomi
    most charming: Matsuri
    most moe: Nadeko

And a couple other things:
    Did you ever realize that your "cutest" and "most charming" characters share a voice actress?
    Also, would you say that Mayuri and Kotomi flow from largely the same character archetype?
  8. Triple_R
    2011-11-06 21:21
    Triple_R
    I agree that Shana is one of the most influential moe girls ever.

Heck, she's the prototype of an entire subclass of tsundere.

I say this with a bittersweet tone, though, because as much as I like Shana I've honestly grown tried of the KugRie-style tsundere, as you probably know from my blog write-up on Kurisu.

I think it was a good character type for awhile, but it feels a bit "played out" to me, and I can't help but wonder if that's partly why Mami won Saimoe 2011 (you can't get much farther from a KugRie tsundere than Mami, lol). At the very least, I think that the anime world could use an one-year break from the KugRie-tsundere, although based on what I've read about, I don't think we'll be getting it.

You're right, though, that Azusa, Kagami, and Taiga are all very different types of tsundere, and so at least Saimoe likes some variety in their winners. Azusa is tsundere towards a group of people, rather than one particular person, which was a very keen observation you once made. Azusa is also more of a Type B tsundere than a Type A one, which I like about her. These are the reasons I'd put her first out of this trio.
  9. 0utf0xZer0
    2011-11-06 14:47
    0utf0xZer0
    So I was looking over the past few years of Anime Saimoe (Japan) results:
    2008: Hiiragi Kagami
    2009: Aisaka Taiga
    2010: Azusa Nakano

Furthermore if you look at this year's AST results, Kuroneko was one of the most popular non-Madoka characters, and Shana and Nagi (Hayate) came extremely close to winning in 2006 and 2007.

Some observations:
    1) Otaku really seem to like petite tsundere girls
    2) There's probably some truth to my theory that Shana is one of the most influential moe characters ever.
    3) Despite all of the characters mentioned falling under the petite tsundere category, there's actually some variety among those picks - Azusa, Kagami, and Kuroneko strike me as quite different from both Kugamiya group and each other.
  10. 0utf0xZer0
    2011-11-03 12:55
    0utf0xZer0
    You know what would have made a great Saimoe final IMO? Mami vs. Homura.

Still, I'll be happy to see Mami win, just as a kind of "we remember" thing. Mami always strikes me as insanely popular given her modest appearances, she actually had the most fanart on most sites I frequent through the show's airing although they've since passed her.

Also glad Lotte didn't make it past the quarter finals. Astarotte's Toy strikes me as more of a refuge in audacity show than a lolicon one (hell, they went with a flat out shotacon cover (NSFW) for the OVA because of the prequel bit between Lotte's mom and Naoya... does that seem like something your average lolicon would buy?) but its widely stereotyped as a boundary pushing lolicon show.