AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > 0utf0xZer0

Notices

Conversation Between 0utf0xZer0 and Triple_R
Showing Visitor Messages 251 to 260 of 521
  1. Triple_R
    2013-08-28 20:17
    Triple_R
    I really like Akiko. A very warm and soothing presence in the show. The family resemblance between her and her daughter is so strong that I think an adult Nayuki would basically be like her mother.

Tomoe is a lot of fun. She makes me think of the adult version of a genki girl. Thinking back on it, I was probably too hard on that LARPers episode. It was a good episode for Tomoe and really let her shine a lot.

iDOLM@STER's Azusa looks great. I really like the hime-cut hairstyle, particular for dark and/or blue hair. I also like how Azusa is very elegant and full-bodied. She's all-woman, shall we say. iDOLM@STER has so many major characters though that it's hard for either of them to stand out to me. But I do fondly remember the episode where Azusa is running through down in a wedding dress. That was simply a barrel of laughs!

Honestly, I probably do like Akiko more than Sanae now that I think about it. It's just that, as you say, Sanae had more presence in Clannad than Akiko had in Kanon, so Sanae came to mind for me quicker.

One of these days I might sit down and compile a list of my 10 favorite adult female anime characters of all-time. If I do so, I'll make sure to share it with you.
  2. 0utf0xZer0
    2013-08-28 03:10
    0utf0xZer0
    You missed the question about what you thought about Akiko and Tomoe... actually, would you mind if I added Azusa (the Idolm@ster one, not the K-On! one) in as well?

Still not sure why I'm more of an Akiko fan than a Sanae one... particularly since Sanae gets more focus (ie. when she pretends to be Sunohara's girlfriend).

Yumiko from Touka Gettan is the only one on my list I suspect would creep you out much, as she goes far beyond hitting on her adopted son. Though to be honest, that's one of the things that made her memorable for me... the series handles it in a way that's far less crass but also far more audacious than your typical ecchi flick.
  3. Triple_R
    2013-08-26 20:41
    Triple_R
    Well, while I do like StrikerS, it's not my favorite portion of the Nanoha anime franchise, so I tend to think of Nanoha and Fate as kids (the Nanoha movies are definitely a factor here too). In contrast, my favorite portion of Clannad is when Nagisa is an adult, so her adult self stands out in my mind as much as her teenaged version does.

I'm glad my responses on questions 2 and 3 are similar to your own takes there. I'm not surprised we differ on Question 1, though. While I do like the idea of following a favorite character into his or her adulthood, I don't usually focus on characters that start as adults unless the show's cast is adult-dominated (i.e. Psycho-Pass, Tiger and Bunny, etc...). Some characters that get beloved as MILFs actually creep me out because they hit on characters much younger than them, in some cases close relatives like adopted sons or nephews.
  4. 0utf0xZer0
    2013-08-26 01:16
    0utf0xZer0
    Question 1:
    @Triple_R:
    I wouldn't go so far as to say I don't think of Matsuri as an adult but it does feel strange at times. Another character I think of in a similar way is Sakura Suzuhara - the cute nurse in Evangelion 3.0. Maybe it's not coincidence they both where berets? The only thing keeping Sakura off my list is pretty much the lack of screen time, to be honest.
    Interested in your takes on Akiko (Kanon) and Tomoe (Hanasaku Iroha). Also, admit it, you totally forgot that Nanoha and Fate qualify.

@Totoum: You and your psycho women. No Benika? I actually like her a fair bit.

Characters I like a lot that have been listed so far:
    Triple_R:Junko, Irisviel, maybe Akane
    Totoum: Benten, Koko, Sui
    Archon: Motoko Kusanagi, Shinobu, Fate

My top choices personally would be Matsuri (Sola), Horo (Spice & Wolf), Akiko Minase (Kanon),Tomoe Wajima (Hanasaku Iroha) and Zakuro (Otome Youkai Zakuro - I typically assume she's an adult). If visual novels are included, then Tsugumi Komachi from Ever 17 too. I also like Miura Azusa a lot - in fact, she might be my favourite Idolm@ster character. There's also Yumiko Kamiazuma from Touka Gettan (which I haven't finished, but she's that delicious...). And, from Fate/Stay Night, both Saber and Ilya (who if IIRC actually is an adult in F/SN!). And I'd probably go for the previously listed characters from Totoum and Archon's list to round things out (sorry Triple_R, I didn't like your picks quite as much)

For a guy who usually goes for petite types, there's a surprising number of women on that list for whom visual appeal plays a role.

Question 2:
    Agreed picks:
    Triple_R: Most of your picks are on my "want to see" list but in particular Ohana, Sawa, Azusa, Oreki and Chitanda stand out.
    Totoum: Sawa and Sora interest me a lot.
    Archon: Kuroneko, Ririchiyo, Ohana, and Mai make the cut.

About half the characters I really, really want to see adult versions of age up are characters I conside to have a "cute junior" appeal: Kuroneko, Nadeko, and Azusa. I have the feeling they'd all still maintain their charms as adults, just with a bit more maturity. To round out the list, Oreki and Chitanda (Hyouka left their relationship tantilizingly open) and, strangely enough, Hanekawa Tsubasa from Monogatari, whom is mature enough I doubt she'd change much. I guess I just really love her bookish looks and intelligence.
    Ririchiyo, Ohana, and Sawa come very, very close to that group of top choices, so much so that I feel obliged to give honourable mention status.
    Rounding out: college age versions of the Madoka Magica's big five.

Question 3:
    @Triple_R: Renji is far and away my favourite male character in EF, both because of his own traits (he's one of the cuter male charactes I can think of, actually…) and because of his relationship with Chihiro. And I do agree that Hiro is fairly likeable as well. I'm amused Kyousuke doesn't get a mention - he's the one I wasn't too fond of. I like Yuu a lot as a teenager, and I like him as an adult too… but adult Kuze somewhat steals the cake for me, just because of the scene where Renji asks him how his mom knows about the uniform collection.
    For top three I'd probably go for Renji, adult Kuze, and teenage Yuu in that order. And an honourable mention to Yuuko's brother for being pretty much as much of a magnificent bastard as you can get in the genre.
  5. Triple_R
    2013-08-25 10:12
    Triple_R
    1) Oddly enough, I honestly don't think of Matsuri as "adult", though I guess you're technically right that she is one. Anyway, some adult female characters that appeal to me - Junko Kaname, Irisviel von Einzbern, Akane Tsunemori, Sanae Furukawa, Nagisa (as an adult), Honoka and Kotori's mothers in Love Live!, Miho Amakata... I'm sure there's more, but that's 8, so a decent number. If you want my take on a specific adult female anime character, feel free to ask.

2) Haruhi Suzumiya, Ohana (HSI), Noe Isurugi, the entire Tari Tari cast, the entire K-On cast, the four main cast members of Hyouka and Irisu as well. There's more, but this is a fair number, and the first names that really stood out to me.

3) I largely liked the teenage male characters in ef. I found both Renji Asou and Hiro Hirono to be pretty likeable. Chihiro was my favorite character in the show, so by extension, Renji would probably be my favorite male character int he show. The adult male characters were largely fine.
  6. Triple_R
    2013-08-24 20:33
    Triple_R
    I'll try to get back to you on your question soon. Hopefully later tonight or tomorrow.
  7. 0utf0xZer0
    2013-08-22 15:42
    0utf0xZer0
    I feel the urge to ask a few of you guys some questions as a thought exercise.
    1) Adult female characters that appeal to you. Immortal options are allowed but you have to give some non-immortal ones as well (because I want to get answers other than just Horo and Matsuri).
    2) Characters you'd like to see an older version of.
    3) Male characters in EF you like or dislike.

I'll probably post my own answers at some point but it might be a few days due to various stuff I have going on.
  8. 0utf0xZer0
    2013-07-23 04:17
    0utf0xZer0
    Quote:
    Good show for: Magical girl fans, Fate/Series fans, Card Captor Sakura fans, lolicons.
    I'm suddenly reminded of how some of the other anime fans I know reacted when I mentioned that I got Ilya by entering my real name into the waifu generator.

At least back then I could justifiably point out that she was a "faux loli" character - but that was before Fate/Zero and Prisma Ilya.
  9. 0utf0xZer0
    2013-07-09 19:23
    0utf0xZer0
    I've actually seen a few of those.

I like the concept of Kiniro Mosaic but I feel like it's not matching up to my "gold standard" for this kind of thing (Ikoku Meiro no Croisee). I don't have much of anything to say about Free.

I watched and liked the original Rozen Maiden back in the day... and barely remember anything about it. The "how the manga differed" recap didn't help matters. I'll probably end up just barreling ahead since I don't have time to go back and rewatch the original/read the manga right now.
  10. Triple_R
    2013-07-09 07:42
    Triple_R
    It's funny - Both of us have watched a lot of Summer 2013 shows, but I think there's no overlap at all between us yet.

I've watched the first episode of the Rozen Maiden remake, Gen'ei o Kakeru Taiyo -Il sole penetra le illusioni, Fantasista Doll, Kiniro Mosaic, Love Lab, KKK, and Free!

Out of all of those, I'd think you'd like Love Lab and Gen'ei o Kakeru Taiyo -Il sole penetra le illusioni the most, although I'm not sure if you were much into the original Rozen Maiden or not.

And yeah, Love Live! almost seems tailor-made for me. There's very little I'd change about it if I could. It's a great show for a moe/yuri/drama-lover like myself.