AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > 0utf0xZer0

Notices

Conversation Between 0utf0xZer0 and Triple_R
Showing Visitor Messages 261 to 270 of 429
  1. Triple_R
    2012-03-09 17:16
    Triple_R
    I have to thank Demi Soda (and by extension you, Guardian Enzo, and totoum) for persuading me to give Ano Natsu another shot.

After two episodes, I had some significant misgivings with the show (comedy seemed a bit too standard harem anime-esque to me, sci-fi elements threatened to undermine the overall mood of the show imo, etc...) and so I stalled it, but without much intention of ever getting back to it.

Thanks to Demi Soda's rave reviews, I'm now giving Ano Natsu another shot.

I thoroughly enjoyed Episodes 3 and 5, and I mostly enjoyed Episode 4. I still have some catching up to do, but I'm relieved to see extremely well-executed romantic comedy in this show. The romance bits feel very sincere and heartfelt, while each episode has at least one big, literal "laugh out loud" moment for me, and that's good for anime comedy for me, lol. The comedic daydreams of Ano Natsu have been comedy gold, especially the "Men in Black!" jokes pertaining to Ichika's alien origins, lol. I'm glad to see that, through 5 episodes at least, Ichika's alien origins is mainly just a good catalyst for tiny bits of comedy, and nothing too sci-fi.

Anyway, just wanted to thank you for getting Demi Soda back into Ano Natsu which indirectly caused me to get back into it, lol. I might update you on this again after I'm fully caught up.
  2. Triple_R
    2012-03-05 10:40
    Triple_R
    Oh, I've definitely had that writing experience, yeah. Although, in my case, it's often intentional. I often will use anime characters as inspirations for the characters I do come up with.

And yeah, the latest Guilty Crown episode was a good one for Ayase too. I thought she had a lot of nice scenes in it (the escalator one being both dramatic and a bit funny).
  3. 0utf0xZer0
    2012-03-05 02:47
    0utf0xZer0
    Quote:
    Guilty Crown might not always make that much sense, but I have to admit that the kid in me simply loved this episode.
    I didn't like any of the last three episodes prior, but I also liked this one. Though it probably says something about me that I'm not sure which I liked more: Segai's theatrics or Ayase's escalator leap.

Got a quick question for you: as you take on writing projects sometimes, have you ever had situations where you were writing a story or characters and you kept thinking of a particular anime or anime characters while doing so? I know I've done this, though I sometimes find I have trouble figuring out exactly who my characters remind me of.
  4. 0utf0xZer0
    2012-02-26 01:42
    0utf0xZer0
    I'll actually admit that unlike with most of my cosplay photos, I edited this one a little to darken the dark parts - the original didn't have as much contrast as I was shooting for. The result is worth it though IMO:
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=r8hw1u&s=5
  5. Triple_R
    2012-02-24 20:43
    Triple_R
    Good idea. I'd also prioritize being there for whichever day Gen will have the most to say and/or take questions.

As for my fanfic, don't worry too much about it. Catch up whenever it's convenient to you. Since you are a bit behind, my recommendation would actually be to just follow whatever "chain" your "playing" of the fanfic takes you on, and skip over the rest (then maybe go back and read the rest later). Catching up on all of it might be tricky now. I'm already at Chapter 11 and Mami Lives Chapter 4 - 15 Chapters in total with 4 major different chains.
  6. 0utf0xZer0
    2012-02-24 02:32
    0utf0xZer0
    So this year's Sakuracon will fall between the end of classes and the beginning of exams for me this year, which means I'll probably only have time to do one day.

I'm thinking the panel schedule may play some role in helping decide which day:
    http://www.sakuracon.org/programming...guest=urobuchi

Still trying to find time to catch up on your Madoka fanfic, I'm actually on reading break but the actually reading part of that seems to be eating most of the time I don't have friends over.
  7. 0utf0xZer0
    2012-02-09 12:59
    0utf0xZer0
    (Cross posted with Vexx, you already know about my issues with the TV ending of Denpa Onna. Also, I plan to try and catch up on your Madoka project soon, but I'm still catching up on readings after a big presentation.)

So I just watched the new DVD/Bluray only episode of Denpa Onna. Two thoughts:
    1) I always felt the last couple TV episode was anti-climactic and now I know why: they were building towards an event in this episode, which is apparently about the halfway point in the books. Much more satisfying despite being less "conclusive" (there's a plot twist).
    2) Ryuuko murderized my pancreas.

Also, Erio's voice actress is apparently a) shorter than Taiga is supposed to be (142cm v 143.6cm) and b) cosplays:
    http://cowboybibimbop.soup.io/post/226556854/
    http://cowboybibimbop.soup.io/post/203104915/
    http://cowboybibimbop.soup.io/post/156163795/
    http://cowboybibimbop.soup.io/post/152680098/
  8. 0utf0xZer0
    2012-02-01 21:50
    0utf0xZer0
    Some quick thoughts on the topic:
    -Disagreement can be overcome (I remember what my first couple serious conversations with Reckoner were like). Disrespect (real or perceived) is, in my experience, considerably harder to overcome.
    -Medium matters. ASers can be blunt, but we also often discuss topics in substantial detail and depth, which tends to foster understanding and decrease the adversarialism somewhat. This does not happen in most "spur of the moment" conversations in real life. It also does not happen with people who are only interest in doing "drive by responses" to the weakest points raised by their opponents, which unforunately has struck me as the "ANN way" on a couple occassions. And in the case of ANN in particular, I it's not helped by A) Zac's "persona" is built on shredding people and especially stupid people, and B) that their staff don't really cultivate an image of approachability, which can also make a big difference.
  9. Triple_R
    2012-02-01 21:00
    Triple_R
    I have to admit that I'm often drawn to controversial, and even at times "loud", viewpoints. Mainly because I find them interestingly different, I guess.

But like yourself, I'd much rather have an actual conversation with a more soft-spoken and less "no holds barred" individual. Zac can be interesting to listen to (in ANN podcasts), but I'd much rather chat with people like you, Archon_Wing, DemiSoda, etc...
  10. 0utf0xZer0
    2012-02-01 05:58
    0utf0xZer0
    Quote:
    I actually tend to view Zac as a sort of "gateway to the west". That's not to say that I agree with Zac's tastes all that much, just that I think he's very representative of your North American anime fan who never took to the moe boom (i.e. a large chunk of that late 90s wave of anime fans I've seen you refer to).
    You know, this made me realize something: Zac strongly reminds me of certain people I've met in the Vancouver anime scene.

...particularly in terms of considering bluntness and "no holds barred" a virtue. I'll be honest, more often than not my reaction to these people was "you know what, I think I'm going to go talk to somebody else".