AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > 0utf0xZer0

Notices

Conversation Between 0utf0xZer0 and Triple_R
Showing Visitor Messages 261 to 270 of 442
  1. 0utf0xZer0
    2012-05-08 20:18
    0utf0xZer0
    Re: Demi's VM on Inu x Boku SS: the show was actually a surprise hit for me. It started somewhat weak, developed into a better than average, slightly oddball anime comedy, and then, just when it seemed like the show might not have much of a plot, finished off with two episodes of the sort of excellent plot and character development I'd love to see in more anime adaptations.
  2. Triple_R
    2012-05-03 22:37
    Triple_R
    A couple things:

Due to comp issues and RL issues, I'm well behind on some anime shows now, but I will try to catch up soon, so I can chat with you more about them.

Also, thanks a lot for your input on Last Sinner's recent thread. I appreciate that a lot.
  3. 0utf0xZer0
    2012-05-02 00:17
    0utf0xZer0
    Some quick updates:
    -Remember how I wasn't on the Sakimichi no Apollon bandwagon after watching episode one? Well, I watched episodes 2 and 3.
    -I was also quite impressed by Sankarea 3 and 4. Looks like the competition for best "spring of the dead" show is going to be a good matchup.
    -Speaking of that matchup, Dusk Maiden of Amnesia is still my favourite of the group - when it has a good week. It's also (and I probably shouldn't say this when I've only seen two episodes of KoreZomb II so far) the least consistent. Episode 3 was great, episode 4 had parts that were both hit and miss.
  4. 0utf0xZer0
    2012-04-24 04:12
    0utf0xZer0
    I don't know what sort of computer issues you're having but feel free to drop me a line. I'm no professional but I know quite a bit.

Posted my top 5+1 on Totoum's wall:
    Quote:
    So I’ve still got a bit of catch up left, but thus far I’m really digging:
    Fate/Zero season 2
    Mysterious Girlfriend X
    Jormungand (First episode didn’t impress, second did – and my gut tells me to bet on it)
    Lupin III: The Woman called Fujiko Mine
    Dusk Maiden of Amnesia (like the lead pairing)

I’m also strangely pumped for this week’s Natsuiro Kiseki – the show has been on a pretty good upswing after a weak start. And that’s the short list… there’s quite a few others I’m enjoying too.
    BTW, I think you pretty much nailed my thoughts on Hyou-ka, though I must add the show was very much not what I was expecting in terms of mood.
  5. 0utf0xZer0
    2012-04-19 03:38
    0utf0xZer0
    Something I realized while discussing Amnesia with Last Sinner: part of the reason I was able to consistently enjoy Hanasaku Iroha's more over the top episodes was because I had very, very strong faith that the staff was going to nail the main storyline and hence wasn't worrying about whether the show would amount to anything.

By the same token, my opinion on shows that spend more time on antics than plot early and mid run tends to be much closer to that of people like Demisoda, Reckoner, etc. when I don't have much faith in the staff.
  6. 0utf0xZer0
    2012-04-17 02:41
    0utf0xZer0
    Things I missed at Sakuracon by not attending on Friday: twister games hosted by an Aniplex staffer cosplaying as Nadeko:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=drX7m0Qe6DI

...Why couldn't this have been a year the con fell AFTER my exams?
  7. 0utf0xZer0
    2012-04-15 17:43
    0utf0xZer0
    So the four of us - me, my brother, my best friend from high school, and “The Russian” (group elder geek and actual Russian) – ended up watching the following, in order:

Space Brothers
    “Spring of the Dead” block (Sankarea/Dusk Maiden of Amnesia/Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka of the Dead)
    Noitamina block (Sakimachi no Apollon/Tsuritama)
    Upotte!!
    Polar Bear Café
    Lupin III: The Woman name Fujiko Mine
    Mysterious Girlfriend X
    Dinner break/Sakuracon photos
    Kara no Kyoukai movie 7
    Fate/Zero 14-15
    Kara no Kyoukai epilogue OVA
    Accel World 1-2

I’d originally planned to do an action block of Jormungand/Zetman/Accel World right after dinner but it was pretty late when we got back and we wanted to get KnK and Fate/Zero in. So I ended up watching Jormungand and Zetman this morning.

Also, I must note that watching KnK7 soon after Mysterious Girlfriend X was not a smart move in hindsight. Two words: drool scene.

Quote:
    SHAFT-style moe, characterization, and general weirdness: Sankarea (even if it is by DEEN, lol)
    Hmmm… while I liked it this was actually my least favourite of the “Spring of the Dead” block. Both the Russian and I preferred Dusk Maiden of Amnesia and I’m not sure the other two cared much either way.
    Quote:
    Conventional but stylish action-packed anime: Accel World
    I was surprised how much I liked this one, the Russian and I ended up watching the first episode after everyone else was too tired to continue and we decided to push for broke and do the second as well.
    Quote:
    Superhero/Gritty Action lovers: Zetman
    Hard to call at this point – didn’t like the first half of episode one but did like the second.
    Quote:
    Shows for bros: Space Bros.
    Most of us thought it was okay, amusingly enough my actual brother is the one who really likes it.
    2nd Best Overall: Sakamichi no Appollon (but very unconventional, not sure if most moe lovers would like this - Many would put this Best Overall, though)
    The Noitamina block ended up being a bit of a base breaker, with my best friend and my brother supporting Sakamichi and the Russian and I preferring Tsuritama.
  8. Triple_R
    2012-04-14 10:00
    Triple_R
    Well, it depends on the taste of your anime buddies.

SHAFT-style moe, characterization, and general weirdness: Sankarea (even if it is by DEEN, lol)
    Conventional but stylish action-packed anime: Accel World
    Superhero/Gritty Action lovers: Zetman
    Shows for bros: Space Bros.
    Best Overall: Fate/Zero Season 2 (but I know you're already watching this)
    2nd Best Overall: Sakamichi no Appollon (but very unconventional, not sure if most moe lovers would like this - Many would put this Best Overall, though)

That's my take on Spring 2012 so far. Pick the shows that fit the tastes of your friends the best, and you're good to go. It's been a very strong and diverse season, imo.
  9. 0utf0xZer0
    2012-04-14 02:58
    0utf0xZer0
    So now that I'm done my hardest exam, I'm finally letting myself take a bit of a break and holding a spring 2012 kickoff/finishing Kara no Kyoukai event with my anime buddies.

Anything new shows you'd mark as particular must includes at this point? We are going to be up against some time limitations.
  10. 0utf0xZer0
    2012-03-31 02:38
    0utf0xZer0
    So Gen is doing a Madoka panel at Sakuracon at 11AM next Saturday. Factor in the time to pick up my pass, drive to Seattle, some leeway for the border lines...

Hmmm... guess I'll be trying to adjust my sleep schedule this week. :Heh: