AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > 0utf0xZer0

Notices

Conversation Between 0utf0xZer0 and Triple_R
Showing Visitor Messages 261 to 270 of 411
  1. 0utf0xZer0
    2012-01-10 05:01
    0utf0xZer0
    I have to say, Aquarion EVOL is pretty awesome, and I'm not just saying that because it's written by Mari Okada and involves "unions" between male and female pilots. The first episode really has a "blockbuster action flick" thing going on, although I'm not sure they'll be able to keep it up.

Another was... interesting. Loved the unsettling vibe PA Works got going, but felt the price was a cast that felt cold. Also, I think Ookami Kakushi has made me skeptical of the ability of shows like this to be engaging (Shiki really hooked me in late 2010 but it's not exactly your average horror anime).

Congratulations to PA Works for somehow not reminding me of Chihiro with Mei like Rewrite did with its eyepatch girl... the manga cover for Another didn't manage that.
  2. 0utf0xZer0
    2012-01-06 14:56
    0utf0xZer0
    I think part of why it looks good is that Shaft did a good job translating VOFan (who I've actually met, BTW)'s character designs.

Beyond that, I've heard Nisemonogatari has more... "fetish fuel" than its predecessor but I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't a bit of "spotlighting" at play here too. To be honest though, aside from Kanbaru stripping I don't see that much that surprise me (and heck, the Bluray for Bakemonogatari had the infamous "snake in mouth" bit). I don't think Nadeko was oblivious to what she was doing, for example. There's more UST in Bakemonogatari than you can shake a stick at.
  3. Triple_R
    2012-01-06 11:10
    Triple_R
    The visual quality in Nisemonogatari is really great, and you definitely get that SHAFT feeling from it, yeah.

My one misgiving is that the Nise PVs come across as more fanservicey than I recall Bake being. Bake certainly had it's fair share of fanservice, of course, but Nise seems to be taking it to a significantly greater level.

Should still be a fun watch though. I'm looking forward to the first episode.
  4. 0utf0xZer0
    2012-01-06 02:11
    0utf0xZer0
    Is it just me, or does the Nisemonogatari trailer really have Shaft's stamp all over it?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7XY3xsTRp0

CR's subs should be out just in time for the welcome back party I'm throwing this weekend for a anime buddy who spent the holidays in Russia too.
  5. 0utf0xZer0
    2011-12-31 03:46
    0utf0xZer0
    Hmmm... unlike the character lists I'm not thinking of a lot to say about the best anime list. It might have been different if I was anything close to up date with Tamayura (that I'm not relatively up to date with a show about cute girls with a neat camera* is indicative of how busy I was this fall) - as you probably know I'm a very strong Ikoku Meiro supporter, and I have a hunch that I finishing Tamayura isn't going to change that.

*While I'm of the opinion that digital photography is a godsend, the "classic tech" nerd in me (that side of me that could spend hours wondering the WWII fighters exhibit at the Museum of Flight in Seattle) really digs that Rollei 35. It was the smallest 35mm camera ever built upon release, and only one camera has surpassed it in that regard since - and the Rollei 35 is a far classier looking machine. Plus, it can count the Queen among its users.

As I mentioned to Demisoda, I tend to just pick a group of "shows I really, really loved in 2011" list rather than a formal top ten. This year that comprised seven shows, which is actually quite a lot. In no particular order (except grouped by season): Madoka Magica, Wandering Son, Hanasaku Iroha, Steins Gate, Ikoku Meiro no Croisee, Kamisama Dolls, and Fate/Zero.

I must admit that I feel like I'm painting a bright red bulleye on my back by not including Penguin Drum and Usagi Drop though.

I actually still have a few shows from this year to try and finish up before I go back too... my brother and I just marathoned the original Last Exile plus what's been released of the sequel over a few days. Not sure where I'd rank it just yet, but the original is one hell of a show and despite importing perhaps a few too many "2011 anime sensibilities", the sequel's pretty good too so far.
  6. Triple_R
    2011-12-31 02:53
    Triple_R
    Thanks a lot for that blog reply! I'll try to reply to it sometime tomorrow.

And now I have one more long blog for you to read, lol.

Really looking forward to cosplay pics of your girlfriend as Miu. I'm sure that'll be lovely. ^_^

It would be cool if you could pull off Shingo at the same time somehow, but I know that life can be hectic, so you can only do what you can there.
  7. 0utf0xZer0
    2011-12-31 00:41
    0utf0xZer0
    Dropped a nearly 900 word monster comment on your most recent blog post.

Edit: also, while I have not idea if she'll have time to make it, my girlfriend is thinking of cosplaying Miu for this years convention, complete with stuffed Pannya. If it weren't for my lack of time/skills to make a costume and the fact that I roast during summer even in a t-shirt, I'd probably be tempted to cosplay Shingo with her.
  8. Triple_R
    2011-12-25 23:17
    Triple_R
    Good job getting in the greeting before midnight in Newfoundland, lol.

I'd love to know your thoughts on recent anime watching when/if you get a chance to share them.
  9. 0utf0xZer0
    2011-12-25 20:29
    0utf0xZer0
    Merry Christmas! (Managed to remember before your part of the country switched to Boxing Day!)
  10. Triple_R
    2011-12-24 11:52
    Triple_R
    Merry Christmas! Hope you and the girlfriend have a nice run-in with some mistletoe.