AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > 0utf0xZer0

Notices

Conversation Between 0utf0xZer0 and Triple_R
Showing Visitor Messages 21 to 30 of 466
  1. 0utf0xZer0
    2015-04-22 00:33
    0utf0xZer0
    So did you ever actually get around to watching Plastic Memories? Curious as I feel the show has showed a decent amount of episode to episode improvement so far.

Finally got around to seeing the first two episodes of Owari no Seraph. I'd skimmed a couple of your posts about it and the Yuuichirou/Eren comparison had me worried it was going to be all po-faced and brooding (which usually isn't my cup of tea) so I've been pleasantly surprised thus far.
  2. Triple_R
    2015-04-15 08:48
    Triple_R
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Outf0xZer0
    I know you haven't really been that into Unlimited Blade Works, but I saw the episode that'll be airing later this week at Sakuracon and it affected me far more than most anime have the past year or two.
    I did get that impression from our most recent PM discussions, and so I have had second thoughts on UBW. And Since Spring 2015 has so far struck me as a bit light on the action-oriented offerings... I might pick a day or two in the very near future to marathon the rest of Season 1, and try to get caught up on Season 2. We'll see.

I do intend to watch Plastic Memories later today. So we'll both be watching that show, anyway, as long as we both like the first episode.
  3. 0utf0xZer0
    2015-04-15 03:40
    0utf0xZer0
    Still got a couple days to go, but I wanted to say something quickly.

I know you haven't really been that into Unlimited Blade Works, but I saw the episode that'll be airing later this week at Sakuracon and it affected me far more than most anime have the past year or two.

(Also, since I have been trying to catch the occasional spring premiere during meal breaks, I'm going to flag Plastic Memories and Great Teacher Otaku-zuka - I mean, Denpa Kyoushi - as shows that strike me as potentially interesting based on their openers.)

(Edit: also wonder if I dare admit enjoying the opener of "Is it okay to try and pick up girls in a dungeon" as much as I did.)
  4. Triple_R
    2015-03-31 21:09
    Triple_R
    Sorry for the late reply. I hope you enjoy your break.

Hopefully we'll have some new good anime to talk about once you get back.
  5. 0utf0xZer0
    2015-03-27 00:38
    0utf0xZer0
    Going to be going on hiatus until mid-April... apologies but the combination of deadlines and stuff I can attend if I get ahead of schedule kind of demands I go to unusual lengths to minimize distractions.
  6. 0utf0xZer0
    2015-02-27 03:43
    0utf0xZer0
    This one is hard. I like the whimsy of the "tuba as bazooka" bit and "petite girls, big instruments", but nothing on it really sold me.

(Also, FYI I adore Itsuki more for the way she moves, talks, etc. than her looks.)

KyoAni's best tend to blindside me too. I did not anticipate Hyouka much in the leadup to its release, it was the opening episode that converted me.
  7. Triple_R
    2015-02-26 08:10
    Triple_R
    I just learned about the next KyoAni show from the most unlikely of sources - Pocari Sweat.

Pocari is already proclaiming his hated for the show. He's probably right. He'll probably hate it.

But I think you and I will probably like it.

Here's the PV.

And here's a nice group shot.

Very early impressions - Main girl makes me think of Eru Chitanda's mind in Haruhi Suzumiya's body.

One of these girls looks a lot like Yuuki Yuuna's Itsuki, which would probably appeal to you.

What's your take on this upcoming KyoAni anime?
  8. 0utf0xZer0
    2015-02-12 19:13
    0utf0xZer0
    I'd actually forgotten that Shana S2 was still airing in winter 2008 (and just realized I forgot Genshiken Nidaime for 2013 as well).

Madoka would probably be an easy top 10 for me at this point as it's grown on me since its initial airing despite my being pumped for it at the time (it and Hanasaku Iroha were my big anticipated shows going into 2011). But it's never quite made "don't even need to think about it, throw it in" territory like the ones I actually did list as "classic+". I'd be interesting in hearing your theory on why that would be the case.

I'd rank Kurenai and Shinsekai Yori below Bakemonogatari and Hyouka - the latter two have utterly sublime combinations of characters and visuals, the only thing that can really top them for me is EF (Either Memories alone or Memories and Melodies in conjunction - Melodies doesn't quite achieve such greatness by itself), which has bother my favourite anime romance ever and is the show responsible for my girlfriend and I meeting.
  9. Triple_R
    2015-02-12 16:49
    Triple_R
    A few quick things

1 - I didn't start following anime on a season-by-season basis until Summer 2009. For that reason, I can't say a lot about 2008 and the first half of 2009. There are some shows from that period that I ended up watching later on (Clannad being one obvious example), but none I watched as it aired, with maybe a couple exceptions (Code Geass, Shana). So there will certainly be considerable divergence between us for 08 and 09 for that reason.

2. I have to admit I'm slightly disappointed that Madoka Magica never made your "classic+". I know you didn't love it as much as I do, but I nonetheless thought it was a show you held in high regard. However, when I consider the four shows that did make your "classic+", I have a theory as to what might be contributing to Madoka Magica not making it. I intend to share that theory with you over PMs later.

3. Hyouka was in my Top 5 for its year, and it's also one of my all-time favorite anime shows, so there's a decent chance it would make "classic+" for me if I adopted your own rating system. Bake and SSY are two shows I liked a lot while they aired, and I still hold both in some degree of high regard, but I'm not sure how well they've aged for me. I haven't seen Kure-nai. So you're right that our "classic+" list would diverge a fair bit.
  10. 0utf0xZer0
    2015-02-12 16:02
    0utf0xZer0
    Bit of preliminary data:

Spoiler for Simplified list - total shows and classics:

"Classic" just means I consider it a standout among the entire period considered, which is a bit arbitrary.
    The notable observations here are how the variation in how many shows I like year to year is pretty small and how bad 2009 was save for a few standouts.

And here's a slightly more detailed set:
    Spoiler for Less simplified numbers:

2014 doesn't look quite as strong here, does it? Note the classics category includes Classic+ (basically the "shortlist") and tier 1 includes both, I just bother marking classic/classic+ because such shows can skew my overall impressions a bit.

Will send the detailed data later. And BTW, while I suspect your year to year impressions may be similar, the actual pick of shows may not be.