AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > 0utf0xZer0

Conversation Between 0utf0xZer0 and Triple_R
Showing Visitor Messages 321 to 330 of 374
  1. Triple_R
    2011-04-22 09:15
    Triple_R
    So, any thoughts on the final Madoka Magica episodes?
  2. Triple_R
    2011-04-17 13:54
    Triple_R
    Hana-Saku Iroha Episode 3 isn't a bad episode, per se, but it just doesn't work in a serious drama (if that is, in fact, what Hana-Saku Iroha is intended to be). It's just too utterly unrealistic, imo.

Kind of surprised, actually, that this didn't give you severe tonal whiplash.
  3. 0utf0xZer0
    2011-04-17 13:42
    0utf0xZer0
    I suspect you're going to end up siding more with Acejem then me over episode 3 (for the show's ability to maintain a wide audience if nothing else), but I'm going to post my opposing viewpoint anyway:
    http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=709

Now I kind of wish I'd held my big anime meet for the weekend today so I could show it to my friends... although I suppose I couldn't have had them stay until 2AM tonight since tomorrow is a Monday.
  4. 0utf0xZer0
    2011-04-15 16:37
    0utf0xZer0
    Brief comment since I have evening shift coming up, will say more later: it may hit a few too many common otaku tropes, but Hidan no Aria is one hell of a fun series. I think I'm developing a fetish for short skirts and thigh holsters.

AnoHana and Denpa Onna are also great... and I still need to see the first episode of C. Today's really giving the new season a boost...
  5. 0utf0xZer0
    2011-04-14 04:35
    0utf0xZer0
    New bit of Madoka cosplay - I like it, although one or two of the poses are unusually sexy for Madoka:
    http://mpzerocos.exblog.jp/15810663/

Not going to comment too much on the new season stuff (been busy the past couple days) in this post except to say that I think Hoshizora has quite possible the worst opening episode I've seen for a VN adaptation. Looks like I'll be looking to Steins;Gate for my miko fetish this season.
  6. Triple_R
    2011-04-11 02:10
    Triple_R
    Just watched A Channel.

Yeah, I'd have to agree that "violent tsundere/emotionless loli with a massive stalker crush on one of the other girls" doesn't quite work.

I think the problem is that the loli in question feels more disruptive than humorous or helpful. Her relationship with Run is pretty cute, but I actually find myself feeling sorry for the characters that are on the receiving end of the loli's wrath, and that's probably bad, lol

Still, there's something about A Channel that resonates a bit with me, so I'll probably stick with it. Run's character is probably what that is. I like her. Her personality is like a cross between Yui Hirasawa and Madoka Kaname, and that does work nicely, I find.

As for your question... I know what you mean, but I'll have to think about it. If I can think of a character like that, I'll tell you, lol.

Glad you're liking X-Men so far, by the way.
  7. 0utf0xZer0
    2011-04-11 00:53
    0utf0xZer0
    Quote:
    Is there any particular show you'd like me to check out, and comment on, that I haven't watched yet? I mean, aside from A Channel (which I haven't seen yet, but will give you my take on once I do)?
    There aren’t any shows I can think of in particular, really. Especially since a lot of the stuff I’m interested in hasn’t been subbed yet, the only stuff I've seen you haven't is A Channel and Hen Zemi, neither of which I thought was all that impressive.

A few updated impressions:
    X-men 1 and 2: I wasn’t originally planning to watch this because I wasn’t impressed with Ironman, but one of my friends wanted to see it when I invited him over today – someone on 4chan said that Storm was moe, and he wanted to see if it was true. Well, personally I think the 4chan poster was just trying to troll the anti-moe crowd, but more importantly, I was surprised how much better it was than Ironman. I think I just found my much needed action fix for the season – although I did think Cyclop’s attack had weird effects in the last fight and that the lack of Patrick Stewart was disappointing.
    Hen Zemi 1: Thus far, not as good as the OVAs… the characters and discussing of strange fetishes are the same, but the deadpan humour and squick that made the OVAs funny in a “crosses that line twice” way are missing.
    Dog Days 2: I’m not sure quite what made this episode so much better than the last – the fact the fights aren’t just mook on mook anymore, perhaps? Still not a must see for me, but something I’ll probably keep up with given the time.
    Nichijou 2: Upon some reflection, I love the bits focusing on Mio and friends, while I don’t really care for the professor and robot girl. Unsurprisingly, it’s the former characters that remind me the most of favourites like Azumanga and Hyakko.
    Hana-Saku Iroha 2: This is going to sound a little weird given that I’ve previously said the first episode needs to be watched twice to really be appreciated – but I think what really sets this apart from other slice of lifes is the pacing. Usually, when you encounter a slice of life with all the well done little moments we’re seeing here, it’s a fairly slow paced, relaxed show. Hana-Saku Iroha, on the other hand, has a very brisk pace. Hence I’m inclined to agree that this show is showing that PA Works has mastered this genre.

Also, as a side note, Hana-Saku Iroha airs at 10PM – early enough that it makes me wonder if the show is actually intended to be a bit more mainstream than most anime. The manga version (this is one of those cases of “manga and anime coming out at the same time) is also serialized in the same magazine that serializes the manga adaptation of Bungaku Shoujo.

One last question: have you ever run into a show that you thought was a complete waste of a good character? This happened to me with Charlotte Dunois and Infinite Stratos – she’s easily the best girl I’ve seen out of a harem anime since Bakemonogatari. As for Infinite Stratos… well, personally, I feel the show was kind of struggling before she appeared, became good for a while during her arc, then went into a massive decline again once they decided to revert to “harem mode” rather than concentrating on her.
  8. Triple_R
    2011-04-10 18:25
    Triple_R
    Thanks for the info on White Fox. That's a pretty good record they have for themselves as a relative newcomer.

I'm flattered that your tracking my comments on various shows.

Is there any particular show you'd like me to check out, and comment on, that I haven't watched yet? I mean, aside from A Channel (which I haven't seen yet, but will give you my take on once I do)?

And yeah, I agree with pretty much everything you wrote in your last Visitor Message to me. Sket Dance is a "B" show, yeah, and Steins;Gate's Mayuri does seem stoned, lol. She's not just moe to me, she's also a source of comedy in how out of it she is.
  9. 0utf0xZer0
    2011-04-09 03:28
    0utf0xZer0
    If the credits in the video itself are to be believed, the video was produced by White Fox a relative newcomer – subcontracting aside, they’re responsible for Tears to Tiara, Katanagatari, and Steins;Gate.

If you thought Kotomi was tiny based on her official spec (5’3), Chihiro is even smaller at 4’11. That being said, it’s not just the Chihiro look alike that gives me EF vibes, but the “Can it be rewritten, this fate of hers?” If it weren’t for the fact that Rykushi07’s prior work already features lots of time travel, I would have said that he was borrowing heavily from EF – not necessarily a bad thing given that he seems to have a good sense of when to borrow elements from other VN makers.

Been tracking your comments on various shows:
    -I thought of Sket Dance as “Haruhi Lite” too, with a bit of a “shounen” twist. That said, I’m pretty sure its going to end up being B list for me rather than A list despite the manga’s reputation – it lacks the “license for weird” sci-fi elements that Haruhi used to make everything believable, and it also doesn’t have the driving force that is Haruhi herself (I have a theory that the lead character(s) generally set the mood for a show).
    -Shigofumi… loved the show, but yeah, it’s a tough watch. It and episode 6 of EF season 2 are kind of the “dueling episode 6s of 2008” – they’re both insanely harsh, but with EF taking the surreal approach and Shigofumi coming across as disturbingly “real world”. (Of course, if you really want to make a screwball fight, throw in Kurenai episode 6 – it’s a musical episode, making for an apples to oranges comparison..)
    -Steins:Gate… having just rewatched the first episode with my girlfriend today, I have to say I enjoyed it a lot, although I still wonder why the hacker dude sticks around with the wannabe mad scientist when its clear his ideas are going nowhere fast. This isn’t as big an issue with Mayuri since she’s clearly pinning after him (I want her to win already). Speaking of which, am I the only one who thinks she comes across as kind of stoned? She has a bit of a unique moe because of it.

Oh, also watched A Channel. Which is kind of like a normal “4 girls doing cute things” 4 koma, except one of the four girls is a violent tsundere/emotionless loli with a massive stalker crush on one of the other girls. I can’t say it worked particularly well IMO.
  10. Triple_R
    2011-04-08 12:17
    Triple_R
    Yeah, another Anime Suki poster showed me that video awhile back. It's a very impressive OP for a Visual Novel. It looks like an OP for a high budget anime, actually. Rewrite definitely looks very interesting.

April Fool's joke or not, it'll be interesting to hear how this VN turns out. Could make a great anime one day.

Oh, and like yourself, when I see a girl with a smallish figure and an eyepatch, I also instantly think of EF now, lol.