AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > 0utf0xZer0

Notices

Conversation Between 0utf0xZer0 and Triple_R
Showing Visitor Messages 321 to 330 of 496
  1. 0utf0xZer0
    2012-04-15 17:43
    0utf0xZer0
    So the four of us - me, my brother, my best friend from high school, and “The Russian” (group elder geek and actual Russian) – ended up watching the following, in order:

Space Brothers
    “Spring of the Dead” block (Sankarea/Dusk Maiden of Amnesia/Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka of the Dead)
    Noitamina block (Sakimachi no Apollon/Tsuritama)
    Upotte!!
    Polar Bear Café
    Lupin III: The Woman name Fujiko Mine
    Mysterious Girlfriend X
    Dinner break/Sakuracon photos
    Kara no Kyoukai movie 7
    Fate/Zero 14-15
    Kara no Kyoukai epilogue OVA
    Accel World 1-2

I’d originally planned to do an action block of Jormungand/Zetman/Accel World right after dinner but it was pretty late when we got back and we wanted to get KnK and Fate/Zero in. So I ended up watching Jormungand and Zetman this morning.

Also, I must note that watching KnK7 soon after Mysterious Girlfriend X was not a smart move in hindsight. Two words: drool scene.

Quote:
    SHAFT-style moe, characterization, and general weirdness: Sankarea (even if it is by DEEN, lol)
    Hmmm… while I liked it this was actually my least favourite of the “Spring of the Dead” block. Both the Russian and I preferred Dusk Maiden of Amnesia and I’m not sure the other two cared much either way.
    Quote:
    Conventional but stylish action-packed anime: Accel World
    I was surprised how much I liked this one, the Russian and I ended up watching the first episode after everyone else was too tired to continue and we decided to push for broke and do the second as well.
    Quote:
    Superhero/Gritty Action lovers: Zetman
    Hard to call at this point – didn’t like the first half of episode one but did like the second.
    Quote:
    Shows for bros: Space Bros.
    Most of us thought it was okay, amusingly enough my actual brother is the one who really likes it.
    2nd Best Overall: Sakamichi no Appollon (but very unconventional, not sure if most moe lovers would like this - Many would put this Best Overall, though)
    The Noitamina block ended up being a bit of a base breaker, with my best friend and my brother supporting Sakamichi and the Russian and I preferring Tsuritama.
  2. Triple_R
    2012-04-14 10:00
    Triple_R
    Well, it depends on the taste of your anime buddies.

SHAFT-style moe, characterization, and general weirdness: Sankarea (even if it is by DEEN, lol)
    Conventional but stylish action-packed anime: Accel World
    Superhero/Gritty Action lovers: Zetman
    Shows for bros: Space Bros.
    Best Overall: Fate/Zero Season 2 (but I know you're already watching this)
    2nd Best Overall: Sakamichi no Appollon (but very unconventional, not sure if most moe lovers would like this - Many would put this Best Overall, though)

That's my take on Spring 2012 so far. Pick the shows that fit the tastes of your friends the best, and you're good to go. It's been a very strong and diverse season, imo.
  3. 0utf0xZer0
    2012-04-14 02:58
    0utf0xZer0
    So now that I'm done my hardest exam, I'm finally letting myself take a bit of a break and holding a spring 2012 kickoff/finishing Kara no Kyoukai event with my anime buddies.

Anything new shows you'd mark as particular must includes at this point? We are going to be up against some time limitations.
  4. 0utf0xZer0
    2012-03-31 02:38
    0utf0xZer0
    So Gen is doing a Madoka panel at Sakuracon at 11AM next Saturday. Factor in the time to pick up my pass, drive to Seattle, some leeway for the border lines...

Hmmm... guess I'll be trying to adjust my sleep schedule this week. :Heh:
  5. Triple_R
    2012-03-15 03:30
    Triple_R
    I understand. From my own time in College/University, I know that it can be hard to balance that with a lot of online activity (particularly through message boards).

Hope everything goes well for you.
  6. 0utf0xZer0
    2012-03-15 03:21
    0utf0xZer0
    Going to be taking a hiatus from the board for a couple weeks due to my impending term paper... I tried limiting my participation for a few days but in the end it didn't work, I'm just find I end up getting way too involved in some threads with the end result I get far too little sleep/real work done.

I may have to do the same shortly after for exams but I'll try and check in between the two crunch periods.
  7. 0utf0xZer0
    2012-03-10 04:35
    0utf0xZer0
    Heh, not only did I end up pushing DemiSoda over the edge but I ended up rewatching every episode aired thus far with my girlfriend in two days this week after showing her the first episode. She's differs from you, me, and DS in that she liked it from the start though... all three of us seem to have had the same "wow, this is painfully generic" reaction to the first couple episodes. It wasn't as bad the second time around since I knew where it was headed though I still feel the first episode is considerably weaker than some of the later bits.

For me the moment the series reached greatness was in episode 6-7, partly because they do a good job moving the plot along and probably in part because like Demisoda I'm a big fan of the Kanna/Tetsurou/Mio triangle. My girlfriend differs on that point and found the Keito/Ichika romance more involving. Regardless I wouldn't hesitate to call it one of the best anime romcoms of the past few years.

Also, as a little side note, I think Tetsurou is one of the few "secondary male leads" who can actually walk the talk around girls - though that's probably at least in part due to the show not being as much a harem as it first appears, it's a little more complicated than that.
  8. Triple_R
    2012-03-09 17:16
    Triple_R
    I have to thank Demi Soda (and by extension you, Guardian Enzo, and totoum) for persuading me to give Ano Natsu another shot.

After two episodes, I had some significant misgivings with the show (comedy seemed a bit too standard harem anime-esque to me, sci-fi elements threatened to undermine the overall mood of the show imo, etc...) and so I stalled it, but without much intention of ever getting back to it.

Thanks to Demi Soda's rave reviews, I'm now giving Ano Natsu another shot.

I thoroughly enjoyed Episodes 3 and 5, and I mostly enjoyed Episode 4. I still have some catching up to do, but I'm relieved to see extremely well-executed romantic comedy in this show. The romance bits feel very sincere and heartfelt, while each episode has at least one big, literal "laugh out loud" moment for me, and that's good for anime comedy for me, lol. The comedic daydreams of Ano Natsu have been comedy gold, especially the "Men in Black!" jokes pertaining to Ichika's alien origins, lol. I'm glad to see that, through 5 episodes at least, Ichika's alien origins is mainly just a good catalyst for tiny bits of comedy, and nothing too sci-fi.

Anyway, just wanted to thank you for getting Demi Soda back into Ano Natsu which indirectly caused me to get back into it, lol. I might update you on this again after I'm fully caught up.
  9. Triple_R
    2012-03-05 10:40
    Triple_R
    Oh, I've definitely had that writing experience, yeah. Although, in my case, it's often intentional. I often will use anime characters as inspirations for the characters I do come up with.

And yeah, the latest Guilty Crown episode was a good one for Ayase too. I thought she had a lot of nice scenes in it (the escalator one being both dramatic and a bit funny).
  10. 0utf0xZer0
    2012-03-05 02:47
    0utf0xZer0
    Quote:
    Guilty Crown might not always make that much sense, but I have to admit that the kid in me simply loved this episode.
    I didn't like any of the last three episodes prior, but I also liked this one. Though it probably says something about me that I'm not sure which I liked more: Segai's theatrics or Ayase's escalator leap.

Got a quick question for you: as you take on writing projects sometimes, have you ever had situations where you were writing a story or characters and you kept thinking of a particular anime or anime characters while doing so? I know I've done this, though I sometimes find I have trouble figuring out exactly who my characters remind me of.