AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Chaos2Frozen

Notices

Conversation Between Chaos2Frozen and MeisterBabylon
Showing Visitor Messages 111 to 120 of 156
  1. MeisterBabylon
    2011-06-05 09:26
    MeisterBabylon
    That would be the first thing to give out under a hint of AMF though, since AMF inhibits linking of external mana sources much more strongly. I believe the CEX armor is basically an environment suit that carries its own bottled mana and allows the mage to reinforce their body for fighting, since external magic is also dissipated. Not very impressive in my terms...
  2. Chaos2Frozen
    2011-06-05 06:56
    Chaos2Frozen
    Well food is one thing- Similar to how complex living creatures can't survive on air alone, Mages can't be powered by the 'magic' in the air. BUT, say for example if I want to run a power armor with just the magic in the air, how about using a turbofan engine like those on military aircraft ?
  3. MeisterBabylon
    2011-06-05 06:31
    MeisterBabylon
    Hence the running gags of high rank mages eating Gil Graham out of house and home. Or Subaru and Ginga's mountain of trays. Which Subaru calls Ginga's 1 stack of empty trays "eating less than usual."

True stories, all of this.
  4. Chaos2Frozen
    2011-06-05 03:55
    Chaos2Frozen
    Quote:
    From food, is stored up, and from the air, which is not as abundant.
    ...Doesn't that sound suspiciously like calories and oxygen? Both of which are necessary for normal humans to create 'energy'.
  5. MeisterBabylon
    2011-06-05 03:45
    MeisterBabylon
    From food, is stored up, and from the air, which is not as abundant.
  6. Chaos2Frozen
    2011-06-05 03:01
    Chaos2Frozen
    Do you still remember the explanation on the source of magic in Nanoha comes from? I could've sworn I remember something about getting them from the atmosphere or something...
  7. MeisterBabylon
    2011-06-02 09:07
    MeisterBabylon
    The grunt armor I believe has a storage form, and shields the mage from AMF and linker core attacks. Tsuzuki seems determined to make the power level of a mage related to his person and cannot be boosted with an external device except by cartridge. So far, he hasn't even come close to the Everitium Drive that Kha uses for Only One Crash!

My fanon implies that the CEX grunt armor was produced using the data gleaned from Kha's constant tinkering with modernized power armor. Hence it is much less imaginative and lacks the Everitium Drive because of the expense and instability (need 2 unison devices and 1 Cylon to manage).

However, the CEX armor and the OOC system are both fast flying platforms, so I'd say the way to best them is to look better and cut less corners.
  8. Chaos2Frozen
    2011-06-02 07:09
    Chaos2Frozen
    Quote:
    Caledfwelch Electronics has just made an army of grunt-armors and will be field-testing them against the Eclipse. Before that, not sure. Old conventional weapon armors used to exist, the older knight orders may still have these Terminator tactical dreadnaught armor
    Those are so unimaginative; why not make them portable like devices? They already have the technology to make big things into smaller things. The Power Armor I have in mind is a fusion between the IS and the Nano Suit 2.0, and because it's a device, you can use it to improve your magic. And I'm not going to make them slow moving targets; these would have Academy City grade performance- Faster, Stronger, and Smarter.
  9. MeisterBabylon
    2011-06-02 06:06
    MeisterBabylon
    Caledfwelch Electronics has just made an army of grunt-armors and will be field-testing them against the Eclipse. Before that, not sure. Old conventional weapon armors used to exist, the older knight orders may still have these Terminator tactical dreadnaught armor.
  10. Chaos2Frozen
    2011-06-02 02:50
    Chaos2Frozen
    i take it that no one else had created this type before?

1 more thing, eventually i will bring in Academy City grade power armor, what is the history of power armor in the nanoha fandom? Cause for me, this would be a big step to closing the gap between grunts and aces.