AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Chaos2Frozen

Notices

Conversation Between Chaos2Frozen and MeisterBabylon
Showing Visitor Messages 131 to 140 of 156
  1. Chaos2Frozen
    2011-06-01 00:55
    Chaos2Frozen
    Agreed, even if there are no confirmation, i can work with no denial.

I dont need alot, maybe a handful. Im thinking of like a feudal/military system run by knights, rather than a monarch, and they'll just have one big city and a couple of towns and villages, population min 100 000 to max 1 million.

What do you think? Sort of like shattered left over from a belkan kingdom
  2. MeisterBabylon
    2011-06-01 00:41
    MeisterBabylon
    Belka Aligned Territories is my term for them. Canon said nothing, so I said they do.

These territories answer to Saint Church for matters of internal affairs, while the Bureau handles defence, like a self-governance arrangement. Just don't make so many of them that pushes the level of acceptance.
  3. Chaos2Frozen
    2011-05-31 23:45
    Chaos2Frozen
    Hey youre the belkan expert, does the Canon in Nanoha say anything about them still having cities in far off fringe worlds?
  4. MeisterBabylon
    2011-05-31 21:25
    MeisterBabylon
    That's just the style your writing. Don't have to tell the whole world that's what your doing; just write it and let people see how being detailed can be interesting.

And yes I see that too. Its because its me thats why flak appears. If it were anyone else they just get ignored, or are missed because I'm drawing threat.

As I said once, I really gotta cut back on tanking.
  5. Chaos2Frozen
    2011-05-31 19:31
    Chaos2Frozen
    Personally I don't see what the problem is; I've just ported a Ookami character directly myself, only changing minor details to make it fit.
  6. Chaos2Frozen
    2011-05-31 19:29
    Chaos2Frozen
    It's not technically a rewrite, all the basic fundamentals are there, I'm just adding a few more dimensions to the setting toaru style. But it's been a long time since I visit the Nanohaverse, I might get carried away, so I need someone to remind me of certain laws in that universe. I realize that most Nanoha fans are against the toaruverse so I don't think I can bring this to official threads.
  7. MeisterBabylon
    2011-05-31 19:13
    MeisterBabylon
    So its going to be a Nanoha rewrite? Or just redefine what's there?

And again I'm drawing unwarranted flak. -_-
  8. Chaos2Frozen
    2011-05-31 19:08
    Chaos2Frozen
    I did watch it, but I never got into the OC business over there, the setting of the show ruin it for me to even try.

Back to the Toaru-ish Nanoha, my idea involve Numbers mostly, like assigning a numeric values to the vectors of projectiles, and somewhat realistic side effects like the sonic boom when someone moved at mach 1- similar to the Saint fights. I realize that by throwing in numbers, it gives more impact. Also adding more conditions and restrictions that the Nanohaverse never bring up.

For example, when flying a mage has to consider his altitude for the cold and thin air, when exceeding say 400kph, he would have problems taking in air, and his vision would become so blurred that he wouldn't be able to process visual data, not to mention the heat build up from friction... Oh, he would have problems even holding on to his device (See Hamazura using the Dragon Rider). I've realized that people would say magic can be use to deal with these limitations, but I would just throw in that the mage wouldn't want to waste energy or his calculation capacity.

Another example I like is to restrict how much can a mage enhance his muscles to perform superhuman feats. Recall the fight with Aqua and Knight Leader, They could not produce such destructive force simply by increasing their physical strength to a ridiculous extent. After passing a certain line, only a path of self destruction where one’s own muscles crushed one’s own organs awaited.

I'm basically trying to humanize the magic users more, narrowing the gap between grunts and aces, and in doing so it also opens up the possibility to include machines
  9. MeisterBabylon
    2011-05-31 18:32
    MeisterBabylon
    Oh wait you weren't into IS were you.

Its a little subpoint written into Gertrude's profile.
  10. Chaos2Frozen
    2011-05-31 08:47
    Chaos2Frozen
    Schwarzehase... OC... ?