AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Chaos2Frozen

Conversation Between Chaos2Frozen and Marcus H.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 157
  1. Chaos2Frozen
  2. Marcus H.
    2015-09-28 02:10
    Marcus H.
    Since the story in Rakudai is focused so much on the Seven Stars Sword Festival, the chances of it going full Mahou Sensou is low. Not sure about Asterisk yet. I'm still reading into it, and the story right implies that the volume is all about special people with abilities beating the shit out of other special people with abilities.

Oh, and there's also a tournament in Asterisk, but it involves six schools based on former nations and thus, more global in a sense.
  3. Chaos2Frozen
    2015-09-28 02:00
    Okay, I have a clear picture now. I suppose it doesn't hurt to try them all out... As long as none of them becomes Mahou Sensou
  4. Marcus H.
    2015-09-28 01:57
    Marcus H.
    Rakudai Kishi somewhat reminds me of Unbreakable Machine Doll, primarily because it involves competitors in a large-scale battle interacting with each other, and because of a greater focus on building relationships as well as making sure that the tournament also proceeds simultaneously.

As for Asterisk, I don't know. The world is completely different (especially politically) after Earth is bombarded by meteors, and the biggest sporting event is sponsored by a corporation with a world-wide influence. It feels like The Hunger Games, right? I'd say the comparison is sound enough.

Rakudai Kishi feels rather low in the chuunibyou department compared to Asterisk.
  5. Chaos2Frozen
    2015-09-28 01:37
    What series would you compare it to? How obvious is the Chuunibyouism?
  6. Marcus H.
    2015-09-28 01:22
    Marcus H.
    I'm only picking up Asterisk and Rakudai Kishi, so you have to ask someone else about Anti-Magic.
    Asterisk, on the other hand, is still unknown to me because I haven't read the source.

Spoiler for plot details up to Vol. 1:

Most of the story after Volume 1 is spent on the Seven Stars Sword Festival-related events, although there are also some background about Rebellion, an active Blazer-supremacist group. Romance-wise, it always emphasizes on the Ikki-Stella couple more than all else.
  7. Chaos2Frozen
    2015-09-28 00:58
    What do you know about these three "chuunibyou" LN series?

Asterisk War
    Rakudai Kishi
    35th Test Platoon
  8. Chaos2Frozen
    2015-07-25 20:52
    Fair enough, I'm sorry.
  9. Marcus H.
    2015-07-25 20:43
    Marcus H.
    I'm not really used to playful jabs, and it was really just a bad time for that.
  10. Chaos2Frozen
    2015-07-25 20:25
    Hmmm? I wasn't using that as an insult, it was a playful jab.

My apology if you were offended, that wasn't my intention.