AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > KholdStare

Conversation Between KholdStare and Ledgem
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 36
  1. KholdStare
    2012-08-06 01:40
    KholdStare
    Ah, no worries. Thanks for the compliment. Many people really liked the 2v2 matches, although it was really a 50/50 shot when it was proposed since no one knew what would happen. Glad you're enjoying it though. Emerald especially have a lot of "old" anime in exhibition, so while newbie anime watchers will complain, you might enjoy it a lot.
  2. Ledgem
    2012-08-05 11:39
    Ledgem
    I missed a lot of ISML voting because something went wrong with the RSS (seemingly on my end), and I just never got around to fixing it. I've since changed RSS programs and now receive the daily updates. It's a good system.

I just wanted to give another compliment to you and the rest of the ISML staff. It's really an impressive effort. I like the addition of the "exhibition" voting segments (2 vs. 2); you had mentioned them before, but I only recently started seeing them. They're a lot of fun.
  3. KholdStare
    2012-03-20 22:39
    KholdStare
    You're welcome. Glad to know it's possible to automate them. Now if you miss a day of voting I'll kill you with a cell phone.
  4. Ledgem
    2012-03-18 23:46
    Ledgem
    I noted the new RSS feed about the scheduling and have subscribed to it. Thank you!
  5. Ledgem
    2012-03-18 01:04
    Ledgem
    Thanks, I think I thought it might be fun to see what the fuss was all about. I still can't believe how long this goes... that's some major dedication, both from the staff and the voters. I'll let you know if I have any questions.
  6. KholdStare
    2012-03-17 23:26
    KholdStare
    Ah, sorry about that. The RSS feed only works when someone manually makes a news post. I don't actually use it so I didn't really know how it worked. This being your first year explains a lot though, because ISML has always been 3 matches per week (until post-season), so people already have the schedule memorized in their head by now lol. I'm going to try to see if something can be done about RSS, if there's some automatic way to post on it, but I can't guarantee anything yet...

I'm glad that you're participating, because to be completely honest, you didn't seem to be the type who would get into moe contests and such (this could be taken as a compliment). I'm not sure how much you know about ISML, but after preliminaries, we will have a horribly long, repetitive, and boring "regular season" where all the characters go against each other once in a 35 round-robin match with the same 72 characters. We've been trying to remedy this with an "exhibition match" every round to introduce a new element to break the monotony, so there's always that to look forward to. All in all, it's pretty fun when post-season comes where people actually get eliminated, and if you know something about last year, the character who went undefeated in regular season got ganged up on in the post-season and lost.

Anyways, welcome to our nerdy, otaku world of saimoe, if you have any questions just ask. Also thanks for your praise about our site (although I can't take the credit for webpage design). We tried to be different from J-Saimoe in that we make it easy and user-friendly to vote (with pictures) and most of our banners/avatars are actually contributions from the public. Nyaa~
  7. Ledgem
    2012-03-17 22:20
    Ledgem
    Yep, I use RSS. Unfortunately I was already subscribed to the link you gave me, it seems... oh well, I guess I'll just check in randomly until the dates stick with me, if that happens.

Thanks for your work on the site. This is my first year participating, and I must say, I'm quite impressed with the way that the site is designed and with the way that the entire operation is run.
  8. KholdStare
    2012-03-17 21:56
    KholdStare
    Sorry for the late reply. We do have an RSS feed that you can subscribe to, but if you don't use RSS there's really no way. If you have twitter, #isml starts to get lots of posts when people vote too. Mostly we just know the schedule lol, which is voting starts on Sunday/Tuesday/Thursday and results are released the evening of Monday/Wednesday/Friday. That schedule doesn't vary for an entire year.
  9. Ledgem
    2012-03-13 22:19
    Ledgem
    Question for you about ISML. I posted about it in the ISML thread, but nobody really seemed to know. Is there a way to be notified when voting opens up? Ideally something like a newsfeed? I know that there's an unchanging schedule, but I'm busy as heck these days and could really use some form of a reminder.
  10. Ledgem
    2012-02-01 15:05
    Ledgem
    What's new KS?