AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Demi.

Notices

Conversation Between Demi. and Last Sinner
Showing Visitor Messages 101 to 110 of 126
  1. Demi.
    2010-01-25 03:10
    Demi.
    Hm...the Fate looks spot-on to me. Fate may have quite a lot of dere in her, but she still is a very serious character in battle, and I think that Shin Sonic Alter expression fits her just right. What about the Alter loli Fate?
    http://xebek.animeblogger.net/2007/0...r-zanbar-form/

The swimsuit Fate is nice too, though I did have to put it on hold for Shin Sonic Fate...Even I have my limitations to how much I can spend at one time. ;_;

I guess this means Hanamaru Kindergarten is my next anime on the list. How many episodes of it has released so far?

No, not yet...Though I keep hearing how it's similar to K-ON. It's like people like to generalize everything and label them as lesser versions of some more popular anime.

Minami-ke and FMA Fumoffu are winly. Especially Fumoffu. God I love the comedy in that anime. I think it is only trumped by Great Teacher Onizuka, and about on par with Yakitate Japan. In the comedy aspect, that is.

Vampire Bund is failing in a similar way that Umineko failed. It tries hard to be serious, and yet all I can help to do is laugh at how corny some of the scenes are.

Anyways, we need to start watching some series so we can be more educated for when ISML regular season rolls over. Not that I'm anticipating ISML or anything...I put too much effort into campaigning for my girl and I just end up exhausted half the time. >.>

Ah, pretty nice figures. Like the scantily clad figures, I see. : D
    The last one is indeed the best out of the bunch... I only have one risque figure and it's of Kaname Chidori, heh.
  2. Last Sinner
    2010-01-25 01:42
    Last Sinner
    You kind of got me there. The Nanoha one is on my want list but I forgot that was Alter. The Fate one....yes it is very detailed...but it doesn't feel like Fate. For me, anyway. Not sure if it's the pose or the face (something about that facial expression they put on her feels very wrong) but it just doesn't have that edge that makes me want to get it, especially at that price. The red used in her outfit seems too strong as well.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10092791 - That would be the only Fate I've ever seen that I wanted. Yes, I know it's not her in that battle outfit and seems un-Fate like, but it is based off a magazine cover, plus it does feel like Fate to me. *shrug* I'm weird, I guess.

Watched the 2nd episode of Hanamaru Kindergarden. Seriously, this is great. Hiiragi is just such a funny eccentric genius. She completely dominates the 2nd episode. The ending credits are just pure epic win.

Tried Sora no Woto yet? If you haven't, that is also a winner.

Actually you've done better than me in recent times. 2 episodes of Sora no Woto, a re-watch of Minami-ke episode 5 and a rewatch of Full Metal Panic Fumoffu episode 6 was all I had watched in recent times. Along with a little bit of 18+. My time has been taken up by work, World of Warcraft, watching Aussie summer sport and (feel free to laugh at this bit) WWE wrestling. Yes, I am an anime fan. Heh.

Vampire Bund seems alright in manga form. But when Shinbo gets his hands on something, he mangles it. The anime is chalk in comparison to the manga cheese, from what my friends who read the manga tell me. Hence why I despise SHAFT. The new Gainax IMO.

Trying a couple of other series, will give my thoughts once I have.

Bought three figures last week.

http://www.moemoerabu.net/2008/07/31...this-succubus/ (Found this in a local store by complete fluke)
    http://www.yamatotoysusa.com/page.cfm/682 (Yes, by an American artist but I saw this advertised in Japanese magazines too because of how good it is)
    http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...n-70-3fhp.html (will have to assemble this in the near future)

And one I also got recently

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10087102 (Just epic. Ever seen a figure rated that high? It deserves to be)
  3. Demi.
    2010-01-24 21:03
    Demi.
    You think goodsmile is better than Alter?
    http://theinfernoproject.com/2009/12...in-sonic-form/
    http://thedisjointedzone.com/2009/06...er-nanoha-get/

I heard the FSN movie had a lot of action. Though some scenes were cut that didn't make fans too happy.

Hm, I see. I'll give it a try then. My lack of anime watching hasn't really given me the incentive to watch new things...But I've got to get out of this slump eventually. Considering Dance in the Vampire Bund was a total flop, I see something to compensate for it, hopefully Hanamaru Kindergarten will do just that. I watched Summer Wars a few days ago, that was a really well done movie. Some drama, a bit of comedy, and a really unique concept. It's not similar to anything I've seen before and I've seen quite a lot of anime series/movies.

*Looks at anime history* Yeah, 13episodes completed in three weeks. That is pretty pathetic considering what my average typically is.
  4. Last Sinner
    2010-01-24 18:00
    Last Sinner
    My bad on posting on my own page. >< A mate of mine was in Japan, he might have been able to see it. He got the figma figurine of Nanoha that was made for the movie. Looks okay but Goodsmile have still done the best Fate and Nanoha IMO. Actually, Goodsmile are pretty much win and the best full stop. FSN movie should have just come out too. Shall be interesting to see how they turn out.

Hanamaru Kindergarden has a bit more to it than one may think. It is cutesy but there is some twisted humour in there too. The story revolves around the male lead, Tsuchi, who is starting out as a male kindergarden teacher, which is quite rare. The females that work there thought it would be fun to get a male to work there and enjoy poking fun at him a lot. Anzu, the little blonde female lead, is in the class he is teaching. Anzu is the daughter of Sakura, who was his senpai in high school. They were friends but Sakura left high school six months from graduation to go to America with her husband. Who just happened to be her art teacher....?! As she left, Sakura made a promise that her first child would be just like her. The twist is that Anzu is somewhat infatuated with Tsuchi and wants to marry him someday. (!) Sakura is equally enthusiastic about making it happen.

Now that doesn't spoil everything that happens in that episode. But what I said is essential knowledge. You kinda need to be prepared for that aspect, hehe....There's nothing sinister to it, it's all tongue and cheek. But yeah, be prepared for it being somewhat twisted. ^^ But it's cute, soothing, amusing, nice colours and some good voice acting. I was converted after one episode. Its twisted humour is the essential edge that makes it worth watching. But I will admit I did listen to a short burst of hard rock after watching this. XD
  5. Demi.
    2010-01-24 08:38
    Demi.
    Hey. ^^

The movie is only out in theaters so unfortunately, I can't see it. But from reviews the general consensus is that the movie is amazing. And going by the images I've seen floating around, the animation is top-notch as well. You get special film strips for viewing the movie more than once, and some of the film strips are selling on Japanese yahoo Auctions for over 750$ a piece.
    Like this one, for instance - http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d101188744

Hanamaru Kindergarten...Hm, I had intended to give that a go. The age of the characters was a bit mind boggling, but it looked cute enough. Does it just revolve around little girls doing cute things, or is there more to it than that?

And sorry I never responded to you on your other posts...but you posted them in your profile, rather than mine. I rarely check other peoples profile unless they leave a comment in mine first. So yeah, I pretty much just realized you replied to my previous comment just now, heh.
  6. Demi.
    2010-01-24 07:58
    Demi.
    Hey. ^^

The movie is only out in theaters so unfortunately, I can't see it. But from reviews the general consensus is that the movie is amazing. And going by the images I've seen floating around, the animation is top-notch as well.

Hanamaru Kindergarten...Hm, I had intended to give that a go. The age of the characters was a bit mind boggling, but it looked cute enough. Does it just revolve around little girls doing cute things, or is there more to it than that?

And sorry I never responded to you on your other posts...but you posted them in your profile, rather than mine. I rarely check other peoples profile unless they leave a comment in mine first. So yeah, I pretty much just realized you replied to my previous comment just now, heh.
  7. Last Sinner
    2010-01-24 07:32
    Last Sinner
    Hey mate. Checking how you are. From the sounds of it, you might have seen the Nanoha movie or snippets of it. How was it?

I tried Hanamaru Kindergarden tonight. Surprisingly nice. I reckon you might like it.
  8. Demi.
    2010-01-13 01:02
    Demi.
    I havn't watched much anime myself, personally. Although I've watched so much in the past, it's not like I'm lacking the needed knowledge to vote fairly in ISML. I'll just catch up on the new contestant series before the regular season starts...and I'll be set.

Lo and behold, I've not watched anything from the new season...yet, and only a few things form last season, so I can't really make a discussion out of any of them...For now, at least.

ISML results never appealed to me much. Luckily my main characters do well, otherwise ISML would be a complete orz fest. For me, aside from the characters auto-qualified, the ones I hope make it back to the regular season are - Nanoha Takamachi, Konjiki no Yami, Kotomi Ichinose, Furude Hanyuu, C.C. Yagami Hayate, Furude Rika and Evangeline...There are some others, but those are the ones off the top of my head.
  9. Last Sinner
    2010-01-12 08:28
    Last Sinner
    Well, things have stabilised somewhat now. I'm now working and gotten the taste for anime once more. Sora no Woto has definitely been worth the wait. It's got that warm, wholesome, relaxing effect you get once a year, if that. Funny, pretty, sounds great, good character mix, a story with credibility seems possible. I like it. 2010 already has something to smile about and it only took 4 days to emerge as a winner. Compared to the 7 months it took for 2009 to evoke such feelings in me, I feel more hopeful for 2010. You found anything you like from this season?

How did you find the ISML results for contenders for the 34 spots? Frankly, from the additions, I struggled to find 5 that i'd vote for, but out of the 16 left over from last year in the contenders section, that leaves me with enough votes hopefully. So many characters I don't recognise or bearing the dreaded KyoAni source.
  10. Last Sinner
    2010-01-04 10:54
    Last Sinner
    No, you didn't drain me. Just lately IRL has been more involved/complicated. Plus the sales figures of titles in Japan in 2009 really jaded me as well as comments coming out of the October season. I really lost desire to watch anime during December. I'm well behind on Kimi ni Todoke now, I'm going to have to catch up on that. Only January title that has me interested is So-Ra-No-Wo-To. Actually, the responses to that in December outraged me. The number of people comparing it to K-ON just because it has music and moe.....*facepalm* Maybe it may be the case, but all evidence so far says those two titles will be light years apart. Heck, it just made me even more determined to not watch K-ON. It seems to do very bizarre things to the brains of those that like it.

I've also been disillusioned by what my friend that is running the AJAS 2009 poll (the local anime club) has been hinting about results so far. It's looking like the top end will be mainly comprised of a lot of series I despise. So I'm feeling somewhat isolated from that. Voting officially ended tonight, so results will gradually be bled out until the first meeting of the year in February. *shrug* Only thing I have to comfort me is that that guy and I have similar tastes and that I get along with him. The veteran/mentor hasn't been doing well lately and he hasn't been around as much, also making me feel somewhat more out of place. I just don't get what's popular this year in the sales and in various circles...I swear it's all instant gratification that's getting the numbers.

I had an alright Christmas, with relatives that are all Eastern Europe so that was the style of Christmas we had. Minding their kids was a chore, though - another experience that makes me not want to have kids at all. New Years was a quiet affair.

Managed to will myself into watching anime again by watching the good third of Death Note - i.e. The first 13 episodes. Things gradually went downhill from there before the trainwreck final third.

Thanks for the C.C. compliment. I found it during a long search of Danbooru for C.C./Kallen material. To find my reviews in that link, after clicking it, select Stats, then the List All option a little bit below the top of the next page that pops up. There are some reviews I need to rewrite big time, but most of them I'd stand by. Plus there are series I really need to review.

Hope you had a good Christmas and Happy New Year to you.