AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Demi.

Notices

Conversation Between Demi. and Last Sinner
Showing Visitor Messages 11 to 20 of 126
  1. Demi.
    2012-03-15 03:29
    Demi.
    Hah, well, I wonder if one exists that I haven't already seen.
  2. Last Sinner
    2012-03-15 02:46
    Last Sinner
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
    Surprise, surprise...Yet unsurprisingly painful.
    So how many Fate doujins do you want to ease the blow?
  3. Last Sinner
    2012-02-08 11:31
    Last Sinner
    Quote:
    Is F/Z too slow paced or something? Not sure I understand why that series would give anyone much rage, let alone your whole anime club.
    It's written by Urobuchi. Madoka got an average score of 3.4 at our club. They don't like Urobuchi. We're not giving them another dose of him. Also, 26 episode shows tend to get torn apart in the long run at our club. Kaiji was a rare exception. And that first episode...already caused a lot of people grief. It would take almost the rest of the year to play once a slot is available (due to theme nights) so, considering a lot of people attending watch currently airing material at home, we tend to avoid the obvious ones somewhat these days.

In case you missed it last time, full poll results here. Try making sense of those results, because they surprised just about everyone in the end.

I'll give you an example of where shows finished.

Kaiji, 10th (Mainly male audience likes seeing the outrageous antics and a failure drift between not failing and blowing it)
    Penguin Drum, 4th (It's WTF and that crowd likes WTF to a fair degree. Although they had only seen 9 episodes when that vote happened. It'll probably slide.)
    Squid Girl, 2nd after losing the tiebreaker for 1st to Redline (It's simple comedy without much moe and a bit of spice/difference. That usually does well here.)
    Fireball Charming, mid 30s (It's 3D, it's done well, it's very short and has abstract/WTF humour)
    Usagi Drop, 6th (There is only one person at that club who can't handle/like Rin. Rin is an 'Awww!' magnet that warms the ehart even the most cynical or red-blooded male)
    Minami-ke, 9th (It's more witty and spicy humour with the kind of jokes they like)
    Steins;Gate, equal 43rd (This is a polariser. Some really like it while some really don't. The antics split the room somewhat. And some people find Mayuri to be the bane of their existence.)
    Junjou Romantica, 61st (We have some females (all of them have fujioshi tendencies), some trap lovers and some guys who will watch anlmost anything. So we took the plunge.)
  4. Demi.
    2012-02-08 11:18
    Demi.
    Is F/Z too slow paced or something? Not sure I understand why that series would give anyone much rage, let alone your whole anime club.

Let's see:

Kaiji S2: Great, love it.

Penguindrum: I'm not so avidly obsessed with it as some people seem to be, but it was quite good, even if I didn't like the ending.

Squid Girl: This seems like an odd choice considering the series you, and your fan club tend to like. But hey, I guess there is always exceptions to the rule.

Fireball Charming: Admittedly I had to look this up, and rarely is there an anime I've never heard of before. Reading the synopsis....it's certainly something I would not watch. But who knows, it might impress. Let me know what you think of that one.

Usagi Drop: Great series, no real complaints. I did feel it was slightly more impressive during the early and mid stages of the anime, though.

Minami-ke: Good for a few laughs. I enjoyed Chiaki and her sisters antics.

Steins;Gate: Awesome. What else?

Junjou Romantica? LOL. Seriously? Well, good luck with that...

Again, I'm still rather clueless on the whole F/Z hate, so I'll need some form of reiteration on that.

Maybe she will, she did a lot better than I thought she would against Kuroneko considering all of the other Madoka characters performed like crap...But she did face Kuroneko when there was only half the amount of voters as normal...So how good she does depends on how much of a difference those additional voters will make.

Ah, well that explains why I don't recall an anime by the same name.
  5. Last Sinner
    2012-02-08 11:05
    Last Sinner
    Let's just say that a lot of them tried it in their own time already. And the amount of negativity and rage surrounding it - there, here, ANYWHERE - has led me and everyone else to the conclusion to not play it.

Here's our current lineup:

Kaiji S2
    Penguin Drum
    Squid Girl S2
    Fireball Charming
    Usagi Drop
    Minami-ke
    Steins:Gate
    Junjou Romantica

That playlist has fostered a very warm, positive club lately. I'm not throwing in something like Fate/Zero to ruin it. Episode 1 alone will send people into blind rage. Also avoiding it because the club utterly ripped into Garden of Sinners. *shrug* Not much I can do about that.

I meant that Homura would qualify for latter stages in the post-season. But she will be taken out. She will attract anti-voting big time.

Was referring to Love Plus the game. It hasn't been adapted into anime. Each character got a manga adaptation but only Rinko's fared well. If there's an adaptation, it would probably be of Rinko. The manga was 2 volumes and quite a nice offering for what is essentially a teen love story, but given enough angst, honesty and sweet moments to make it fulfilling but not dramatic or overblown.
  6. Demi.
    2012-02-08 10:59
    Demi.
    Your club doesn't like Fate/Zero? I'd think that would be a series worth watching in a group.

I don't really see carnival doing well in ISML. I mean, the ones that would do well are already in ISML from other sources to begin with. Not sure on Homura. I'm not really sold on her strength. I'd say the strongest she will be is Haruhi level. Top 8-12 maybe. I could see her being as weak as a mid/low-tier character, though. I'm under the assumption that Taiwan does not like voting Madoka characters and they're going to make it hard on Homura to get anywhere decent.

Never did watch Love Plus, so no comment on that.
  7. Last Sinner
    2012-02-08 10:48
    Last Sinner
    It was.

Put it this way - Redline won the annual poll at my club - out of a 102 title pool. Madoka came 96th. The twoo polls show my lot and the voters here are very different people. Club has also asked we never play Carnival Phantasm or Fate/Zero.

Be prepared for Carnival Phantasm giving ISML a shakeup from what I've detected. As well as Homura getting big backing.

But I don't really care. When the club is having a great time whiel watching Minami-ke, Usagi Drop and Kaiji (which all came top 10) that's all that matters.

And getting Rinko to dye her hair a reddish brown in Love Plus is way cuter than the junk on offer last year.
  8. Demi.
    2012-02-08 10:16
    Demi.
    Thanks for the rep. I think that was you, anyways.

Too bad such a good movie was layed to waste by some Ova that wasn't even that funny.
  9. Last Sinner
    2012-02-06 08:29
    Last Sinner
    Those awards results just go to show how very narrow the tastes/daring of a lot of people around here have become.
  10. Last Sinner
    2012-01-09 01:45
    Last Sinner
    I think where I am, South Australia, is about half a day ahead of you in Florida and nearly 20 hours ahead of California.

Since I sent you something too early, this one should reach you when it actually is Jan 9th where you live. To properly commemorate that, have something extra in your PM box.