AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Demi.

Notices

Conversation Between Demi. and relentlessflame
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Demi.
    2013-04-06 18:25
    Demi.
    Thanks for evicting me from the Nanoha subforum, it's probably the best thing anyone has done for me all year.
  2. Demi.
    2012-07-20 00:37
    Demi.
    Well the difference between comiket exclusives and this booklet is that you're not purchasing the booklet with the ticket, you're purchasing the right to see the movie. The booklet is a freebie given to you for viewing the movie. It has no monetary value to the distributor. True, some Japanese may view this site and see the scans, but I can't imagine there are any who want the booklet more than to view the movie itself. The scans are scenes from the movie, and barely anything else.
  3. relentlessflame
    2012-07-19 23:28
    relentlessflame
    I see your point, but I wonder if it's a bit of a slippery slope. Wouldn't the same apply to Comiket-exclusive artbooks as well then, since you'd have to be in Japan and attending the convention to acquire the book, unless you purchase it from someone or some service that's reselling it? Your argument that the booklet is free is sort of offset by the fact that you have to buy a movie ticket that isn't free (so really, part of the revenue generated by the ticket sales pays for the booklet). And the fact is that there's nothing stopping people from within Japan from visiting the forum as well, and they could ostensibly go to see the movie. It also doesn't help that it's a link to a torrent of a high-res scan on a torrent site that also hosts all sorts of content we don't allow. All that said, I do see how this could be seen as a bit of an "edge case"; I'll seek a second opinion just to make sure.
  4. Demi.
    2012-07-19 23:12
    Demi.
    Yes, but I thought the whole point of rule 1.1 was to rid the site of unlawful content. Art books are not allowed because they cost money, and are profitable. Short of being in Japan and frequenting the movie, there is no alternative to acquiring the booklet, unless you purchase it from a movie-goer.

Well, I don't mind much, just my 2cents.
  5. relentlessflame
    2012-07-19 23:03
    relentlessflame
    Unless I'm missing something, it's high-res scans of an artbook that you get when you buy a ticket for the movie (hence it's commercial). It falls under "Any high-res artbook scans", should it not? (The rule doesn't even say that you have to pay for it.) In addition, I suppose you could also call it scans of raws, since it's untranslated. All in all, I don't think it's the sort of thing that's usually allowed... but I can try to get more opinions...
  6. Demi.
    2012-07-19 22:58
    Demi.
    I posted a torrent to scans of a free, non-profitable booklet. How is that against rule 1.1?