AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Liddo-kun

Conversation Between Liddo-kun and Obelisk ze Tormentor
Showing Visitor Messages 81 to 90 of 167
  1. Liddo-kun
    2012-11-09 07:07
    Hi. Just a little update on the cosplay reports. ",)

Good news is there's still a bunch of anime conventions scheduled for November. One of my friends messaged me about a week ago, saying she's ready to go to another one. Unfortunately, November is also the time that the Madoka figurine that I ordered from Hobbylink Japan will arrive, and I have to to pay a hefty amount of customs fees.. (Bureau of Customs is EVIL!! >_<), so I might not be able to attend any for this month due to monetary reasons. If I would attend one for November, then it will be the small event by Oh No! Manga on November 25.

Anyway, there's a rather large convention being scheduled on December 9 - I don't know much of the details yet, but if most of my friends will attend, then I will attend it too - report will be made and posted on AS cosplay thread.
  2. Liddo-kun
    2012-10-26 06:58
    Thanks for giving Girls und Panzer a chance. ",)

Taken from G and P thread.
    Fall Anime Preorder Rankings so far:

1. Girls und Panzer
    2. Chuunibyou
    3. JoJos Bizarre Adventure
    4. Gintama
    5. To Love Ru Darkness
    6. Little Busters
    7. Magi
    8. I want to do my brother
    9. Hidamari Sketch 4
    10. Jormungand
  3. Obelisk ze Tormentor
    2012-10-25 18:58
    Obelisk ze Tormentor
    Thanx for your explanation. I will certainly check it out when I have the time (I already follow a lot of series this season. So many good series airing!^^)
  4. Liddo-kun
    2012-10-25 18:42
    Personally, I like Commie's subs because they have some german in their subtitles.
  5. Liddo-kun
    2012-10-25 18:37
    Ohayou. I dropped Strike Witches season 1, on episode 2. Like you, I'm not a fan of excessive fansevice (panty shots in particular). If you watch episode 1-3 of G and P. There's only one short fanservice swimsuit shot in all of those episodes, and only one of the girls did it because she's cleaning a tank. No panty shot at all in episodes 1-3, I assure you.

Another thing I liked about G and P is that the show is more connected to reality, in the sense that the girls use tanks that really exist. Such as the STuG, PZIV, M3 and many others. And of course, the main is cast have pretty much likeable personalities. As for the rest of the cast, there's some characters I dislike (saying the reason would be a spoiler) but the rest are ok.
  6. Obelisk ze Tormentor
    2012-10-25 10:52
    Obelisk ze Tormentor
    Umm...I don't know.

Ok, let me tell you this, I really don't like a show where the premise is just a bunch of girls doing military stuff with a story which is not deep enough. I even hate it more if the show has some useless fanservice in it. The major offender from this genre is Strike Witches (especially season 2). I just can't stand that show. Fanservice abound, boring story, shallow characters and its main purpose is just to pander on otakus' many fetishes like panties, nekomimi, loli, little girls with big guns, etc. I was actually traumatized by it.

So, I have to ask, is this Girls und Panzer somewhat similar to Strike Witches? Or is it more like K-ON! with tanks? Or is it more like Sakura Wars/Sakura Taisen?
  7. Liddo-kun
    2012-10-25 07:57
    Hi. Just dropping by to recommend an anime.

If you're looking for something else to watch, then I recommend Girls und Panzer.
    You might like it. ",)
  8. Liddo-kun
  9. Liddo-kun
    2012-10-15 08:36
    Uploading pics..
  10. Liddo-kun
    2012-10-15 03:40
    Sorry, taking a little long. I've been talking to my cosplayer friends at another website on who wants to be included in the report.