AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Liddo-kun

Notices

Conversation Between Liddo-kun and Urzu 7
Showing Visitor Messages 91 to 100 of 200
  1. Liddo-kun
    2013-02-14 06:50
    Liddo-kun
    Yeah, sad that OF is totally cancelled. No worries, Ozine is a large group, they have have more conventions up their sleeve.

UP AME, I have 3 friends going (Anjeline, Aimee, Bea). NF has Yuki going there. Anyway, my reason about telling is just wanting to let others know about the rivalry thing that seems to be happening. There's money to be gained, so I guess they might want to "harass" the competition a little. Sorry, this turned into a bit of rant.

I've already promised at the Animesuki cosplay thread to go to UP AME, so the destination is there already. Please just wait a little longer. I'll try to have a decent report up by 25th of Feb.
  2. Urzu 7
    2013-02-14 01:35
    Urzu 7
    To bad about Otaku Fest being totally cancelled.

That is too bad about con rivalries. That way, con enthusiasts have to often choose which cons they want to attend.
  3. Liddo-kun
    2013-02-13 23:44
    Liddo-kun
    A little update: My friend Yuki-chan (maid cosplayer) is asking if I would go to Nihongo Fiesta, will be held at Skydome. Unfortunately, it's the same day as UP AME. This clearly shows something I haven't mentioned before about Philippine anime cons - there appears to be an unspoken rivalry between large sponsors. They sometimes schedule their event on the same day as another group.
  4. Liddo-kun
    2013-02-10 21:39
    Liddo-kun
    Updated list of anime conventions (Feb 2 - Oct 5 2013).
    These are only the large ones, smaller events are not listed.

I'll try to attend some and share the pics at Animesuki's cosplay thread.
  5. Liddo-kun
    2013-02-10 21:20
    Liddo-kun
    A little trivia about the next con.

UP AME means = University of the Philippines Anime Manga Enthusiasts

It's an anime convention that's started by college students of a university. It happens once a year, for more than 10 years now.
  6. Liddo-kun
    2013-02-10 21:18
    Liddo-kun
    At first, Akire (maid at maid cafe) told me that she hasn't heard anything from her boss. Then a few days later, Karlonne (wig paint seller) told me that Otaku Fest has been totally cancelled.

The next convention is also a large one anyway.
    Should make up for the cancellation of Otaku Fest.
  7. Urzu 7
    2013-02-10 19:57
    Urzu 7
    I look forward to your con report on UP AME. Was Otaku Expo completely cancelled? I thought you said a while back it was rescheduled, meaning they would still hold it this year but at a later date.
  8. Liddo-kun
    2013-02-06 23:20
    Liddo-kun
    Hi. Here's a little update on anime convention stuffs. ",)

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1841
  9. Urzu 7
    2013-01-30 09:45
    Urzu 7
    It seems like your country has a good amount of anime fans (talking about your cosplayer story with the girl and the photo shoot). Your country might have a higher percentage of anime fans than America. America certainly has it's anime fans, but there are a lot of areas of the country where their numbers are low. In my state and in my area, there aren't too many anime fans. I live not too far from Boston, and there is at least one anime convention that is held there yearly. But I live in a rural area, and the amount of anime fans isn't that much.
  10. Liddo-kun
    2013-01-30 09:25
    Liddo-kun
    Thanks for understanding. ",)

And something completely unexpected today. There's no anime convention. I was just casually going home from a mall today on a public jeep (we have those long jeeps here that are used as public transport vehicles). Halfway through the trip. A Kagome cosplayer flagged the jeep and she went aboard. I'm sure she's a cosplayer because the bow is in her bag.

After consulting with my cosplayer friends. It's decided that the cosplayer I encountered is probably just going home from a photoshoot. Since there's no known convention today. I guess cosplaying is becoming a little more popular here.