AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Liddo-kun

Notices

Conversation Between Liddo-kun and Palsa-San
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 452
  1. Palsa-San
    Today 15:51
    Palsa-San
    I got one of those awhile back, some of my computer's USB ports in the back can be a bit iffy at times.
    A few years ago, a power shortage caused some problems on my motherboard, causing it to lose the on-board sound, so now I'm actually using an external sound card via USB.
    Unfortunately, it's not working as well as it used to, so audio sounds a bit canned.
  2. Liddo-kun
    Today 06:34
    Liddo-kun
    Hmm, that's still plenty.. a total of 6. Standard ASUS mother baords here only have 4 usb slots. That led me to buy a USB hub years ago.. that gave an additional 3 slots - allowed us to use 4 joypads to play a multiplayer arcade game using an emulator. The hub has already broken down now, but I still have good memories of those times. :3
  3. Palsa-San
    2016-05-26 13:38
    Palsa-San
    They generally have 2 in the front and 4-6 in the back, but it depends on the motherboard and case you go with.
    The ones in the front are nice for things like flash drives and downloading pictures from a camera, but for the most part the back USB ports are the way to go, as it can be a pain to have cords dangling in front of the CD drive bay.
  4. Liddo-kun
    2016-05-25 18:19
    Liddo-kun
    Ah, so in the US / canada.. the usb is at the front. Interesting.

When she started explaining the wires, it feels complicated. +_+
    Goodluck on building it. ^^
  5. Palsa-San
    2016-05-25 18:06
    Palsa-San
    Sure, I'll post a picture when it's done.
    This is the case I'm using.
  6. Liddo-kun
    2016-05-23 17:40
    Liddo-kun
    Ooh, nice and a new experience too.

Would like to see a pic of your new comp once it's built.
  7. Palsa-San
    2016-05-23 13:35
    Palsa-San
    Nope, this is my first time building one, and I'm 100% terrified that it's going to explode.
    I was going to buy a pre-build, but everywhere I went people told me to just build my own.
    Fortunately, there are a lot of tutorials and explanations online, particularly through YouTube, the process is pretty much: plug this here and that there.
  8. Liddo-kun
    2016-05-23 06:27
    Liddo-kun
    Hmm... well, at least you're tech savvy enough to be able to build own comp... if my comp breaks down it's the repair man or I buy new one. XD

When did you learn to assemble?
  9. Palsa-San
    2016-05-22 22:50
    Palsa-San
    I haven't been all that active either, as of now I have 3 parts to go before I can build my new PC, and I've been avoiding a lot of work on my current computer (though it still works fine, so I can only blame my lack of activity on laziness. )
  10. Liddo-kun
    2016-05-22 06:08
    Liddo-kun
    Hi. Have been a bit quiet lately, but I'm not dead. >__<

It's just because I was unable to attend Tagcom which happened about a month ago due to lack of funds, which is why I've been unable to update at the cos thread. For now, I'm just taking a bit of time off.. commenting randomly at anime threads here at Suki, taking care of my pets, as well as gathering funds - to make sure that I would be able to attend Toycon or Rampage (whichever comes first XD) at May. rawr :3

/have a nice day. **