AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Liddo-kun

Notices

Conversation Between Liddo-kun and Palsa-San
Showing Visitor Messages 51 to 60 of 440
  1. Palsa-San
    2016-01-22 18:03
    Palsa-San
    Thank you!

It snowed again, here are some pictures:

After taking the first picture, I switched the camera over to video, but made the mistake of adjusting it to the wrong setting when I switched back, so the pictures don't look all that great.
    Here is a quick video I also took:
    https://youtu.be/THKUY53YEgQ
    It might be hard to notice, but it was actually snowing when I took that, so the snow made it difficult to get a good focus; the sound from the wind and snow as it hit the ground created a strange distortion, but you can hear the birds in the later half of the video.

And here are a couple final shots before it melts.

2. Liddo-kun
    2016-01-22 07:12
    Liddo-kun
    Happy birthday friend. I hope you have a good one over there. ^^
  3. Liddo-kun
    2016-01-22 07:10
    Liddo-kun
    Thank you for the link. That's helpful.
    And the new series looks promising. :3
  4. Palsa-San
    2016-01-20 22:01
    Palsa-San
    My understanding is that they have a new series with a different cast and school.
    Here is the info on that.
    And a PV.
    Personally, I feel like they took the members of Mu's, mixed their hairstyles and personalities around a bit, to create the cast, but I'll be sure to watch the anime when it comes out.
    I just hope that people give it a chance, and that the story doesn't copy too much from the original to receive negative scrutiny.

It actually snowed again today, so I'll probably have better pictures this week.
  5. Liddo-kun
    2016-01-20 07:52
    Liddo-kun
    Sorry for the late reply. Got busy, we are adding finishing touches to a new cos. :3

Anyway, yes I agree that drawing is pretty cool. Two cosplayer friends do that actually. Cristel and Sharmaene. Can show yo their drawings later.

Thanks for the snow pics! They look magical, like in a greeting card.

Well, about the AKB48 rules... I have no comment. Prefer to stay neutral on that. xD

Liked the season 1 of IM@S - though I do agree on some of the things you said. Like the overwork part. Haruka and Iori are my favorite characters in that anime. ^^

Hmm, about Wake Up girls - this show reveal some of the dark sides in showbiz. Honestly, I didn't like it that much because the animation quality seemed subpar compared to other idol anime.. and the mood is rather negative on most parts of episode 1. However, I did like how some of the characters there persevered through hardship.

Love Live - you seem to have watched it too. Fun anime, and Sunrise seems to have done something very right as it is rather popular over here (I'm not exaggerating, the Christmas Toyfair report is one proof). Honoka is one tough leader... dancing in the rain takes a whole new meaning. @___@ I heard rumors that there would be a season 3? Is it true?
  6. Palsa-San
    2016-01-17 15:39
    Palsa-San
    One thing I would recommend to the group, take up drawing, it's a fun thing to do, and if your good enough at it, you can take payed commissions.
    I myself haven't reached that point yet, but I'm looking at starting on adoptables soon. ^_^

It's funny, I'm not really a fan of idol group music, but I love the characters and feel compelled to support them.
    I think a lot of the reason Love Live was a success, is because it had a perfect balance of characters.
    The Idol M@ster: Cinderella focused too much on weirdness, which didn't help a whole lot.

Well, my only complaint with AKB48, is that I feel the management can be a too excessive with their rules at times.
    I understand why the members are not allowed to date, and with circumstances like Asana Inuzuka getting suspended for making an e-mail mistake, I have no serious issue with that.
    But when they shaved Minami Minegishi's head, and had her apologize to the fans in a video, they stepped over the line.
    Especially when you consider that the same management promotes dating sims, featuring the very members that are not permitted to date.
    Even the anime has at least one member e-mailing a boyfriend, which she would be suspended for doing in real life.
    The management in the AKB0048 anime, tends to make decisions that will quite obviously put unnecessary stress on the members, challenging them when their past the breaking point, and passing over the senior members when they should be rewarded.
    The problem with the Idol M@ster, is that it presents the management in an overly positive way, when they're doing the wrong things, such as over working the members, especially during the Holidays, is not a good way to run things.
    Wake Up Girls would be my second favorite series, for one thing the group actually exists and the members voice their anime equivalent.
    The story itself is about a small struggling agency that may go out of business, it also shows the corruption of the bigger agencies, and how they abuse their members.
    The original Idol M@ster also showed this, but again, they're guilty of over working the members.
    Where Wake Up Girls fails, is when the owner disappears with all the money, only to come back later on, but she does make up for what she did.
    Having said all of that, Love Live is about a group of girls teaming up against the odds, to save their school from closing down.
    In Love Live, they may disagree, argue, get lost in the moment or act complacent at times, but there is generally a reason for why it occurs, and the team always pulls themselves together within an episode and a half.
    Over time they win over themselves, the school, their classmates, their family, their town, their rivals, and eventually Japan.
    But the thing is, any of the members could quit at any time, and they manage themselves better than most idol agencies do.

Anyway, you asked me last month to share some pictures if it snowed, and it did a little today. ^_^

It's not a whole lot, but it may snow again this week, so I'll send you some more pictures if it does.
    Note: someone else had my camera today, and it was melted by the time I got it, but they did manage to take a few pictures before they left this morning.
  7. Liddo-kun
    2016-01-16 09:02
    Liddo-kun
    Sorry for long time no reply. Things got busy. o.o

Oh, that's a nice trivia. Love Live is incredibly famous in Japan. Actually, they are the only idol anime popular enough to topple the reign of AKB48 here. Hmm, AKB48 is at it's peak here during 2013-2014. At that time many cosplayers dreamed of forming groups. Our cos group is one of those people, unfortunatelly we didn't have enough funds to buy costumes for 4 people - so the plan was ultimately scrapped. We had a season 2 Chieri costume partially completed, but by the time we had the wig... AKB48 was already put down by Love Live - so we decided that completing Chieri and Mayu would be enough.

AKB0048 during it's peak of popularity here --- > http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=2374

And about the AKB0048 anime. Yes, it's exactly as you say. The real Mayuyu is the voice of Chieri, while the Mayuyu character in the anime is voiced by another person. Oh, and just one last trivia - all the understudies are voiced by AKB48 idols. While the the "successors" (red uniform) are voiced by japanese seiyuu.
  8. Palsa-San
    2016-01-12 17:28
    Palsa-San
    No, that's not what I meant, a whole lot of people showed up to see the movie on it's opening day, so the line was extremely long (similar to what you would expect of a Star Wars movie).

So she was playing someone else, as someone else was playing her?
  9. Liddo-kun
    2016-01-12 07:19
    Liddo-kun
    Oh, nice trivia there. Didn't know Love Live started the same day as Star Wars.

Hmm, did the action surprise you? AKB48 idols live in a dangerous post-apocalyptic world. ><
    As for a little trivia.. have you seen Mayuyu in episode 2? The girl in the anime who is a robot with a gun on her arm. Well, the real life Mayuyu is the voice actress of Chieri Sono - one of the lead characters in the show.
  10. Palsa-San
    2016-01-11 15:17
    Palsa-San
    Yep, I'm thinking of making it a butterfly variation, having wings on the back of the outfit.
    I heard somewhere that when the Love Live movie came out in Japan, it was like the first day of a new Star Wars film.
    That looks pretty cool.
    By the way, I started watching the AKB0048 anime, it's entirely different than what I was expecting.