AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Westlo

Notices

Conversation Between Westlo and Triple_R
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. Westlo
    2011-10-26 11:04
    Westlo
    Gundam AGE Bluray is currently...

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #691 in DVD

It obviously won't appeal to otaku as much as prior series, the target audience is young kids, the problem is that young kids tend not to buy BD/DVD.. if you look @ the sales of all the popular shounen shows... the best selling one is Gintama which has an older (buying) audience combined with a massive female/fujoshi following.

Naruto not selling much, Toriko not selling much, Beelzebub not selling much, and this is the same audience AGE is aimed at. It's really a wildcard factor this age group so while you can use Amazon to get a good guide on what a show will sell, I think AGE will be one of the few that could be different. But these Amazon rankings do confirm that Otaku don't seem to be that interested in it, as of now anyway, subject to change of course.
  2. Triple_R
    2011-10-26 10:39
    Triple_R
    Which anime show is ranked "@ nearly 700 like another high profile series"?

Genuinely curious. Thanks in advance!
  3. Triple_R
    2011-07-01 17:57
    Triple_R
    I'm fine with what you wrote to me, but you went way over the line and were grotesquely disrespectful towards Kaioshin, in my opinion.

The Manabi Line is obviously not common knowledge, and its excessive to expect every anime fan to know it.

Kaioshin has every right to dislike KyoAni's direction, and some of its choices. KyoAni is a very good studio, but they're by no means infallible, as E8 alone proves.