AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > King Lycan

Notices

Conversation Between King Lycan and Ledgem
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 43
  1. Ledgem
    2012-03-22 12:32
    Ledgem
    Nothing wrong with taking a break from school. It adds character and gives you some experience. Sometimes I wish that I could have taken a year off to do something like that. It's not a good feeling to think that you're behind other people your age, but I think that doing some work and then returning to school allows you to appreciate the classes and school experience a bit more.

There's no specialization in medical school, so it's just medicine. I don't care for surgical fields, so when I'm done I'd like to do something in internal medicine - maybe specialize in hematology. My previous research was in immunology, so the clinical fields that relate would be either hematology or infectious disease (or allergy medicine) I suppose.

My wife is in medical school too, actually - the difference is that when she went to medical school, I went to graduate school to do research. I almost decided to just stay in research, but realized that I'd be happier on the clinical side (where I can also still engage in research, although in a more limited manner). Now she's finishing and will be going into residency, the next stage of training. I feel as if I've experienced the hellishness of medical school twice now, once through my wife and now on my own

Good luck with the application process. It's a damn miserable experience that I'm glad I'll never have to repeat!
  2. King Lycan
    2012-03-22 12:18
    King Lycan
    Well I work as a sales associate at Macy's and a Merchandiser at RMSI (we handle all the Safeway's inventory in my area) I am making a lot of money for someone my age so its awesome but I'm going back to school in the fall took a break this past year which I shouldn't have done

What field of medicine are you studying and where do you study ? I also have to go to medical school because I want to be a psychiatrist a lot of fucking school to become that -_-. But it must suck being far from you wife no sex oh God Lol. Well at least it is almost over. What does she study?
  3. Ledgem
    2012-03-21 13:10
    Ledgem
    Wow, two jobs must indeed be keeping you busy. What sort of work are you doing?

Things are more or less fine on my end. I started medical school last summer, but the school I made it into is a few hundred miles from my wife. She's finishing up pretty soon, though, and then she'll be doing the next phase of her training near me. It will be wonderful to be reunited again. The separation was difficult, but it was more a matter of getting used to living alone again. We would talk for at least an hour every day, and she would come out and visit me for a week or two about once every other month, so the marriage didn't take any damage or strain over it. It's an experience that I hope we won't have to repeat in the future!
  4. King Lycan
    2012-03-21 10:51
    King Lycan
    I've been pretty busy lately handling two jobs, nothings new expect work .
    How about you ? How's the marriage ?
  5. Ledgem
    2012-03-20 21:19
    Ledgem
    Thanks! It probably won't last too long before my activity drops, though.

How have you been? What's new with you these days?
  6. King Lycan
    2012-03-20 20:29
    King Lycan
    Nice to see you active again
  7. King Lycan
    2009-10-23 19:40
    King Lycan
    Yea i've been great actually just a little busy with work + college barely have time to socialize.
  8. Ledgem
    2009-10-23 09:16
    Ledgem
    Thanks! Hope you're doing well these days. Crazy temperature flux we're currently going through - make sure to keep warm.
  9. King Lycan
    2009-10-23 00:14
    King Lycan
    Happy Belated Birthday ..
  10. King Lycan
    2009-07-13 17:36
    King Lycan
    Bachelor Party ?
    *The Hangover Movie Comes to mind *