AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Sol Falling

Notices

Conversation Between Sol Falling and Triple_R
Showing Visitor Messages 11 to 20 of 29
  1. Triple_R
    2013-03-30 13:34
    Triple_R
    I hope University is going well for you!

I've enjoyed VRO, Love Live! School Idol Project, Little Busters!, Psycho-Pass, and Shin Sekai Yori. Of the 4 of those you haven't seen, I think you'd probably like Love Live! the best. There's a lot of good drama and plot twists in it, and a fair bit of yuri subtext and heartwarming friendship dynamics.

I also haven't decided what Spring shows I'll be following.
  2. Sol Falling
    2013-03-30 13:07
    Sol Falling
    Hey Triple R. Life has been pretty busy with my return to university, but I've also thankfully managed to find time for stuff like the recent Canadian Madoka movie airings.

In terms of anime recently, every season I tend to be able to find a solid selection of shows that I really enjoy greatly. For this recent season it was VividRed Operation and Sasami-san@Gambaranai (I'll pretty much always love SHAFT no matter what, lol, but recently Sasami-san has even formed up to be a pretty great yuri series). The recent 3 minute anime adaptations coming from Comic Earth Star Magazine series have also been surprisingly to my tastes, Teekyuu and Yama no Susume in particular. On top of that, a large part of my sustained enjoyment over seasons has been a number of longer running anime: I've really had a good time with Ginga e Kickoff and Hyouge Mono which are currently being subbed by Doremi, for example.

I still haven't looked into the upcoming Spring season though, with the final weeks of this semester coming up. I'm looking forward to the break afterwards, lol. How's it been going with you? I've noticed you in the VividRed Operation thread, any other series you've been enjoying or are looking forward to?
  3. Triple_R
    2013-03-30 12:32
    Triple_R
    Hey, how's it going Sol? We haven't chatted in awhile. Are there many anime shows that you are enjoying right now?
  4. Triple_R
    2012-02-16 02:43
    Triple_R
    It's Ok. Thanks for clearing things up in PM.

Still, I felt compelled to defend my reasoning on Sayaka and Homura's narration a bit. Your other criticisms I accept without complaint, since they're more an issue of reader reception and taste than anything else, and I do see where you're coming from on them.
  5. Sol Falling
    2012-02-16 02:06
    Sol Falling
    lol, sorry about that. I sent a response to your PM about the next Mami Lives chapter which included a comment on some aspects I did like.
  6. Triple_R
    2012-02-16 01:54
    Triple_R
    Ouch, Sol, that was an awfully critical response. You basically seemed to dislike everything about Chapter 9...
  7. Sol Falling
    2012-02-09 17:47
    Sol Falling
    lol no, it's not a serious bother or anything. It kinda fits the tone of the alternative choice endings I think, actually, because Madoka's fate ends up being so different from the original series that we know. Madoka dating a drug dealer is already such a foreign idea by itself, whether he/she's a man or a woman doesn't really matter at that point, right? lol.
  8. Triple_R
    2012-02-09 17:34
    Triple_R
    Just read your reply to Chapter 8 of Madoka Magica: Pure Pink Pretty Lovers.

Was curious if you were seriously bothered or not with how Madoka is ending up heterosexual in the Opportunity Choice endings.

With the latest one, at least, I can easily make the drug dealer who dates Madoka into a girl. I made him a guy since, well, when I think of shady drug dealers that seduce girls into doing heavy drugs, I just think "Male" for some reason.

Anyway, thanks for the response! Just so you know, I think that the best Sayaka and Homura romance routes will be in the canon path (the high drama situations produced by the canon anime narrative lends itself to better romance, imo), so that's one reward for people who stick to the anime narrative.
  9. Sol Falling
    2012-02-08 00:33
    Sol Falling
    Haha, I have to wonder if it could even possibly be a coincidence. Eri Kitamura was already chosen for Karen for Bakemonogatari back in 2009, but I hardly think they could've been aware/thinking of Karen's future similarities with Sayaka when they began casting for Madoka for 2011. It's quite an interesting piece of knowledge indeed.
  10. Triple_R
    2012-02-07 23:42
    Triple_R
    You know, I didn't even know before that Karen and Sayaka had the same seiyu. Now that I do, I think I have a greater appreciation for Nise. Thank you for that.

Yeah, I just recently watched the latest Nise episode, and that first half confrontation between Karen and the antagonist certainly did give me heavy Sayaka vibes.