AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > totoum

Notices

Conversation Between totoum and Guardian Enzo
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 422
  1. Guardian Enzo
    2014-08-07 06:03
    Guardian Enzo
    Yeah, imagine my joy at seeing that come across my twitter this morning. What a kick in the nuts. Hard to believe Square Enix could be this stupid.
  2. totoum
    2014-08-07 03:23
    totoum
    At this point I'm going to think there exists a "Enzo Curse" on any manga you like
    I'm starting to fear I may indeed never see a Bride Stories adaptation!

Also,every year I keep saying I'll remember your birthday, every year I forget, sorry
  3. Guardian Enzo
    2014-07-29 19:04
    Guardian Enzo
    Thank you, Urobutcher. It's rare when reality so neatly dovetails with theory.

I really do wonder whether the guy has any principles that he strongly believes in. He's a hugely gifted writer, but IMHO this severely restricts his talent.
  4. totoum
    2014-07-29 11:32
    totoum
    Because twitter has a charalimit...

Just did some reasearch and you hit the nail on the head.
    Phantom's ending is 100% Kuroda's idea,or to be exact the result of Kuroda's convictions.It does have Urobuchi's endorsment even if he doesn't share those convictions (beginning to wonder if he has any ).

He even says this:

Quote:
    In an VN the end is a result of choices, the end is a sort of reward for the choices made.In an anime the end is predetermined, the difference of medium explains the difference in endings (...) with the principles we had fixed for ouselves this was the only ending possible.
    It's interesting he says that because in the VN you can make the same choices as in the anime and get a different ending, which means he hadn't fixed himself any principles when writing the VN.
  5. totoum
    2014-07-13 12:14
    totoum
    Yeah, finished all of game of thrones, it weirdly started to remind me of Shiki with how due to having so many characters you'd have a cliffhanger at the end of an episode and then in the next episode you'd follow other characters without getting any answers to the cliffhanger!
    As for Barakamon it wasn't even on my radar,I'll watch an episode at some point and tell you.
  6. Guardian Enzo
    2014-07-13 07:47
    Guardian Enzo
    How bar along are you with GoT - all the way?

I'd be very curious to hear your take on the first two eps of Barakamon...
  7. totoum
    2014-07-13 07:31
    totoum
    Small update,I got my Game of Thrones marathon out of the way but still no Gaworare, the openers of the summer season have kept me busy.
  8. Guardian Enzo
    2014-06-11 00:02
    Guardian Enzo
    Gotcha. Keep me posted.
  9. totoum
    2014-06-10 23:46
    totoum
    New job + broken laptop + a bunch of other family issues means I haven't watched any anime in a month (that's a first for me since 2010) , haven't seen any game of thrones either (I've miraculously avoided spoilers).
    I'm hoping to get back on track in a couple weeks and Gaworare is one of the shows I plan on marathoning.
  10. Guardian Enzo
    2014-06-10 05:26
    Guardian Enzo
    Are you still watching Gaworare? I'm curious to hear what you think of the adaptation now.