AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > totoum

Conversation Between totoum and Guardian Enzo
Showing Visitor Messages 11 to 20 of 442
  1. totoum
    2015-04-03 20:59
    I was actually surprised Gakusen Toshi Asterisk turned out to be a generic LN,title seemed too short for that to be the case
  2. Guardian Enzo
    2015-03-07 05:29
    Guardian Enzo
    I've probably addressed that one at least 1K times!

I have watched some of it. If I'd never seen the 2011, I could probably better appreciate it - it's quite good. But it's hard to enjoy because I'm always noticing how much better the 2011 is.
  3. totoum
    2015-03-07 04:57
    Random thought: ever consider watching the 1999 version of HxH?
  4. Guardian Enzo
    2014-12-17 20:46
    Guardian Enzo
    Well, it already has major distribution, doesn't it? Seems like France has always has a major soft spot for Hosoda.
  5. totoum
    2014-12-17 12:50
    Wolf Children is being shown tonight on primetime on a national french TV , Arte is not the most watched channel but it has the reputation of being a hipster channel (for lack of better term) and this is the first time they feature a non miyazaki anime so prominently.
    They'll show it again a couple more times in the morning.
    I can only hope that it's the start of a serious media campain in France leading up to the release of his next film.
  6. Guardian Enzo
    2014-11-22 10:09
    Guardian Enzo

I'm very pleased to hear Giovanni' Island was well-received in Scotland. Indeed, it seems to have been well-received at festivals generally, but sadly made almost no impact at the box office. The fate of anime as art.
  7. Guardian Enzo
    2014-10-18 20:18
    Guardian Enzo
    Well, Hosoda is certainly more of a household name in Japan than Shinkai is. And it's just possible that Shinkai admires Hosoda more than Hosoda admires Shinkai, I suppose. Or maybe it's just that, as he says, Hosoda is really the only name he can come up with whenever he's asked.
  8. totoum
    2014-10-18 18:55
    Well I guess I'll keep the TV show in mind then, the movie really surprised me and today I could kind of see why: I was trying with another person to pitch the film to someone who had not seen it and the best we could come up with was "it's about a princess and a pilot, and they're together on this plane!", can't say the person looked that excited And just by seeing that reaction I realized it was mine as well until I saw the film.

On a completely different subject I just read a Shinkai interview to a french mag from 3 months ago, when asked about the state of the anime industry he said he has no idea because he has hardly ever watched anime beyond the mainstream, only director that interests him?Hosoda, though he hasn't seen Wolf Children yet.
    Said he felt Hosoda was really good at being able to target the audience of his movies and that this was a big factor to his success along with the quality of the movies and that's something he can learn from.

Find it intersting because that's the 3rd time I see him bring up Hosoda out of nowhere in an interview while I've yet to see Hosoda mention Shinkai
  9. Guardian Enzo
    2014-10-16 19:50
    Guardian Enzo
    Yes, but it's nowhere near as well executed. Worth a watch, but don't expect more of the same.
  10. totoum
    2014-10-16 17:50
    So I just saw the Princess and The Pilot in theatres, came for the airplane action stayed for the relationship between the characters, is there more of that in the TV series?