AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > totoum

Notices

Conversation Between totoum and Guardian Enzo
Showing Visitor Messages 11 to 20 of 422
  1. Guardian Enzo
    2014-04-26 19:40
    Guardian Enzo
    I hadn't even heard TBH, which supports my suspicion that this is a bigger controversy in the West. As does the fact that the criticism I see seems to be coming from all Westerners.

I did find this...
  2. totoum
    2014-04-26 10:19
    totoum
    Random question, but do you have any idea how the reaction to avril lavigne's "hello kitty" video has been in japan, not sure if you're familiar with it but it's been controversial in the US.
  3. Guardian Enzo
    2014-04-18 20:05
    Guardian Enzo
    Well so far, the mix is working for me. Insanity can be fine if you're all-in committed to it.
  4. totoum
    2014-04-18 14:24
    totoum
    So Kanojo flag ep 2, Watanabe and Co are really mixing stuff up though you wouldn't know it if you don't know the source, I do like some of the changes made such as at the end of the episode: in the manga it's a classic "walking in on the girls naked" the anime adds the trap thinking that's what boys do.
    A lot of the insanity comes from the source, I always thought the author was walking a fine line between being just lazy or taking LN tropes to absurd levels in a fun way, nobody seems amazed that the school is so huge, nobody wonders why the school elder looks so young etc
    And trust me, it gets weirder
  5. totoum
    2014-04-15 12:22
    totoum
    Havn't seen it yet but I'll say one thing , when you say " a sandwich of serious plot exposition at the beginning and end, with a heaping helping of absolute nonsense in the middle. " , that describes the manga pretty well, so I'll keep you updated when I see it.
  6. Guardian Enzo
    2014-04-15 04:05
    Guardian Enzo
    Curious - how did you like the second ep of Kanojo ga Flag?
  7. Guardian Enzo
    2014-04-12 20:14
    Guardian Enzo
    TBH the premiere reminded me a bit of R-15, too - which I consider high praise but most would consider a serious insult. There's the same sense for me that there's something humanist and a little deep underneath all the silliness and ecchi, but that most people will never see it.
  8. totoum
    2014-04-12 09:37
    totoum
    A bit early for me to say, while nothing Watanabe and Co did here made it instantly better it could be beneficial later on.
    Kanojo Flag sort of reminds me of Sora no otoshimono, there's a plot there and I find it interesting but it only shows up once in a while and when the plot is not there you've got a bunch or filler with the MC interacting with the girls of his harem.If the anime team decides to mix up things so that the anime focuses on the plot then I'd be delighted and there's signs of this happening.
    Going by this episode and the next episode preview they're mixing up the chapter order and making changes so that it's not that noticable, for example all the events in the 2nd half happened in the novel but an extra character was present,the anime will only introduce her next week. I'm guessing all this was done for the sake of having Sota see his death flag as early as this episode, a standard pace adaptation wouldn't have gotten to this point until ep4 or so.
  9. Guardian Enzo
    2014-04-11 20:47
    Guardian Enzo
    Interesting, I'd missed that.

Wouldn't you say it's fair to argue Watanabe substantially improved on the source material with MGX by virtue of his choices?
  10. totoum
    2014-04-11 17:22
    totoum
    While I don't want to get your hopes up too much I do want to point out this post I made a few month ago about Kanojo ga Flag o orchestra.
    Not that I don't have plenty of issues with the source material but a really good adaptation could solve them and Watanabe is off to a nice start.