AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > totoum

Notices

Conversation Between totoum and Guardian Enzo
Showing Visitor Messages 331 to 340 of 426
  1. Guardian Enzo
    2012-02-23 13:12
    Guardian Enzo
    Instrumentality!

Hmm - "gained some support" seems to indicate the feeling that she hasn't really been embraced yet. Or maybe that's the bias of the blogger, who clearly isn't a fan.

For my money, Yuki and Tomatsu Haruka are the best of the current generation of female seiyuu. KanaHana is very good at playing herself, but those two are actors.
  2. totoum
    2012-02-23 07:19
    totoum
  3. Guardian Enzo
    2012-02-08 17:52
    Guardian Enzo
    Must be nice to be able to trust your editor!

Of course, when you're legendary authors with multiple multi-year serializations, it's probably easier not to sweat the ratings too much than it is for struggling young mangaka...
  4. totoum
    2012-02-08 16:58
    totoum
    Well for once I can actualy share some non spoilerish bakuman trivia with you,at the start of every volume there's a word from Obata and Ohba.
    In one of the Ohba says that while characters in bakuman talk a lot about the rankings that's more of a plot device,in real life there's plenty of authors that refuse to know the rankings of the manga they're working on,so for exemple he has no idea what the rankings of Bakuman are.
    He trusts his editor to get the info and give him advice based on them without him having to know.
  5. Guardian Enzo
    2012-01-25 00:48
    Guardian Enzo
    I did raise the possibility in the blog that they chose her to deliberately highlight the difference in singing ability. Of course, it could also be because she was currently starring in Madoka Magica.
  6. totoum
    2012-01-24 23:45
    totoum
    And lets not forget Yuuki Aoi is only 19!
    There's going to be a CD release in march but to me that's a lost cause,like you said,she isn't a singer.

And in fact I like how she's nearly a "pure VA" as opposed to an idol that also does VA work.

Still I wonder what the staff of symphogear was thinking when they chose her. I mean next to Misaki Nana and Takagaki Ayahi she's just an amateur when it comes to singing......wait maybe that's the point?Since Hikibi is a newbie afterall.
  7. Guardian Enzo
    2012-01-24 20:21
    Guardian Enzo
    There aren't many seiyuu that can do ecchi, drama and screwball comedy equally well. I'd say Hochan, but I don't think I've ever heard hear go as for down the dark path as this. She's my all-time favorite and Tomatsu Haruka is probably the best pure actress in the younger generation (and both are much better singers) but Aoi-chan has a unique personality to her.
  8. totoum
    2012-01-24 20:10
    totoum
    Ben-To's director agrees

Quote:
    Shimono: And that Muscle Detective monologue…
    *Aoi laughs*
    Ise: Yeah the one that was included as a bonus in the DVD release.
    Aoi: I was thinking that since it was a bonus I could go even crazier than normal.
    (...)
    Shimono: I was talking to the director about it during the recording outside the booth and he was like “Wow this girl is a genius! She’s amazing!” the whole time!
    Aoi: A genius with gay muscly men? *laughs*
    *Ise laughs*
    Shimono: *laughs* No not that!
  9. Guardian Enzo
    2012-01-24 19:55
    Guardian Enzo
    Aoi Yuuki is a freakin' genius.
  10. Guardian Enzo
    2012-01-23 21:26
    Guardian Enzo
    I don't see that torrent anywhere. Don't have a link, do you?