AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > totoum

Notices

Conversation Between totoum and Triple_R
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 141
  1. totoum
    2014-07-13 13:29
    totoum
    Interesting,I found Tokyo Ghoul to be the prettier show of the two all around, from animation ( so many still shots in Glasslip made me wonder if I was watching a shaft show) to the chara designs and photography.To me Glassip really doesn't feel like P.A works brought their A game in term of production values.
    Zankyou no Terror I really liked, especially how low key it was,if I described the events in the episode you could expect some kind of big blockbuster action show but instead it's told in a much quieter way.
    Of Watanabe's past work it reminded me more of Baby Blue (even if the subject is very different) and I also liked how the protagonists are terrorists, just because that's something you'd never see on a US show, I trust the staff to handle that in an interesting way.So yeah I liked it a lot.

Forgot to mention I also saw aldnoah zero, it's got me hooked just on the pure adrenaline rush it gives me right now but the real test for me will be when things calm down.
  2. Triple_R
    2014-07-13 07:55
    Triple_R
    Of those four, I've watched Tokyo Ghoul and Glasslip. Both shows have very good Direction to them. They're both very visually compelling to me - Glasslip is prettier, but Tokyo Ghoul probably has the more impressive Storyboarding.

Of the two, I'll probably end up prefering Glasslip for personal taste reasons, as I'm Ok with some supernatural horror, but it's not really my favorite genre. For people who like supernatural horror, though, Tokyo Ghoul does look top-rate.

I was thinking about watching Zankyou no Terror, but I haven't tried it yet. How did you find it?

As for WIXOSS, I thought it really picked up nicely in the 2nd half, with the last few episodes being very strong. If you tend to like shows like Madoka Magica, Mai HiME, and Higurashi, then you'll probably like WIXOSS.
  3. totoum
    2014-07-13 07:26
    totoum
    Well so for Tokyo Ghoul, Zankyou no Terror, Glasslip, Hanayamata are keepers for me
    And that might be all the anime I have time for because life is keeping me busy , can't even watch space dandy 2 because I need to finish S1 first!
    And I need to marathon the end of NGNL and Gaworare, ping pong.
    How did wixoss turn out, only saw the first 3 episodes
  4. Triple_R
    2014-07-08 20:59
    Triple_R
    Thanks! I'm glad you like my sig. So what shows are you watching this Summer 2014 season so far?
  5. totoum
    2014-07-04 13:09
    totoum
    Don't have much time to post right now but just wanted to drop by and say that sig is awesome,especially the quote.
  6. totoum
    2014-04-06 10:48
    totoum
    Thanks,it's interesting though because I always feel like I'm sugarcoating and trying to avoid really giving opinions
  7. Triple_R
    2014-04-05 10:57
    Triple_R
    Bingo. The wish theme in WIXOSS really is very close to Madoka Magica's. I don't know how anybody who's seen both shows can fail to see how similar they are, at least so far.

Up until they started talking about wishes, WIXOSS just had a Madoka Magica feel. But after wishes came up, it became more than that.

Right now, I think that WIXOSS is kind of a fusion between Yu-Gi-Oh!, [C], and Madoka Magica. Although one difference so far is that it has no Pegasus, Kyubey, or trickster (I forget the name of that clown-like guy in C ). It'll be interesting to see if WIXOSS ends up getting a character like that.

Anyway, thanks for the VM. It's good to be reassured that what I'm seeing is real, and so other people see it as well. You're also a person who's very honest and gives their honest opinion without sugarcoating or spin, so it means even more coming from you.
  8. totoum
    2014-04-05 08:20
    totoum
    Well , mods say they want us to drop the subject so I'll just say it here , I'm completely with you on the wixoss/madoka comparison, I get that there's been other grimdark shows involving girls before and after madoka but this isn't about that, it's about the "wish theme" being so central to the premise, I'm surprised so many people disagree.
    Though the show it reminded me most of is "C".
  9. totoum
    2014-03-20 13:07
    totoum
    I know this is way late but I now realize I never thanked you for your Aiko christmas picture, it was much apreciated.
  10. Triple_R
    2013-12-24 20:07
    Triple_R
    Joyeux Noel!

Images
    Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I sent this same image to Pocari Sweat, and I figured you'd like it as well, but due to a different girl.