AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > totoum

Notices

Conversation Between totoum and Triple_R
Showing Visitor Messages 91 to 100 of 138
  1. totoum
    2012-04-08 14:19
    totoum
    Thanks but I think you make it sound better than reality ,though it's true I have more free time this season than I did the past few months.
    In this particular case I just went up to ANN after I watched the show and wondered if someone from the staff was from shaft.
  2. Triple_R
    2012-04-08 12:57
    Triple_R
    Well, thanks for that tidbit of information. That certainly explains a lot!

I have to give you massive props, totoum - You've really done your homework on new anime shows this year! I have to admit I've slacked off a bit on my own homework there, lol.
  3. totoum
    2012-04-08 12:05
    totoum
    Seriously,as far as I'm concerned sankarea is a shaft show,the director has worked his whole career at shaft.
  4. totoum
    2012-03-19 12:11
    totoum
    I'm on chapter 4 and really liking it so far,I'm mixing up my answers,won't look at other answers until I've completed the route.
    Love the breaking the 4th wall you're doing with SHAFT references.

On a completely different subject,yes,One Off's trailer is part of the small minority of PVs that aren't boring,doesn't change the fact that I have no problem with Hyouka's PV being a 3 minute character presentation rather than a trailer.
  5. Triple_R
    2012-03-19 07:22
    Triple_R
    Thanks for the rep! ^_^ It leaves me curious though - How far into my Madoka Magica fanfic are you, and what do you think of it so far?
  6. Triple_R
    2012-03-10 00:12
    Triple_R
    I'm fully caught up on Ano Natsu now. I have to say, I love the pacing of this show (presuming its one cour). I like how these characters don't spend too much time beating around the bush, romance-wise.

I'd say that Ano Natsu is the romance comedy equivalent of Anohana. Slightly less drama, slightly more romance/comedy, but very similar overall feel between the two shows for me. And that's a good thing.
  7. totoum
    2012-03-09 17:44
    totoum
    While I'm glad to hear the news about Ano Natsu,it seems you havn't seen episode 6 yet,is that right?
  8. Triple_R
    2012-03-09 17:18
    Triple_R
    I have to thank Demi Soda (and by extension you, Guardian Enzo, and 0utf0xZer0) for persuading me to give Ano Natsu another shot.

After two episodes, I had some significant misgivings with the show (comedy seemed a bit too standard harem anime-esque to me, sci-fi elements threatened to undermine the overall mood of the show imo, etc...) and so I stalled it, but without much intention of ever getting back to it.

Thanks to Demi Soda's rave reviews, I'm now giving Ano Natsu another shot.

I thoroughly enjoyed Episodes 3 and 5, and I mostly enjoyed Episode 4. I still have some catching up to do, but I'm relieved to see extremely well-executed romantic comedy in this show. The romance bits feel very sincere and heartfelt, while each episode has at least one big, literal "laugh out loud" moment for me, and that's good for anime comedy for me, lol. The comedic daydreams of Ano Natsu have been comedy gold, especially the "Men in Black!" jokes pertaining to Ichika's alien origins, lol. I'm glad to see that, through 5 episodes at least, Ichika's alien origins is mainly simply a good catalyst for tiny bits of comedy, and nothing too sci-fi.

Anyway, just wanted to thank you for getting Demi Soda back into Ano Natsu which indirectly caused me to get back into it, lol. I might update you on this again after I'm fully caught up.
  9. totoum
    2012-03-05 23:27
    totoum
    Kind of off topic in the P.A works thread so I'll adress this here

Quote:
    Sorry. Okada and P.A. Works goes together in my mind almost like Shinbo and SHAFT, lol.
    Well the Okada/P.A works relationship is pretty much one way only,she's written 3 out of 5 of their shows but in the meantime she's worked with plenty of other studios (A-1,deen,jc staff,hal film maker,AIC,satelight,david production,zexc..) you can't really associate her with one .
  10. totoum
    2012-02-19 17:55
    totoum
    Posted the first part of the Q&A session over at the Madoka subforum.
    On a completely unrelated note,the yuri level in the last episode of lagrange is over 9000!