AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > totoum

Notices

Conversation Between totoum and Triple_R
Showing Visitor Messages 101 to 110 of 142
  1. totoum
    2012-03-09 17:44
    totoum
    While I'm glad to hear the news about Ano Natsu,it seems you havn't seen episode 6 yet,is that right?
  2. Triple_R
    2012-03-09 17:18
    Triple_R
    I have to thank Demi Soda (and by extension you, Guardian Enzo, and 0utf0xZer0) for persuading me to give Ano Natsu another shot.

After two episodes, I had some significant misgivings with the show (comedy seemed a bit too standard harem anime-esque to me, sci-fi elements threatened to undermine the overall mood of the show imo, etc...) and so I stalled it, but without much intention of ever getting back to it.

Thanks to Demi Soda's rave reviews, I'm now giving Ano Natsu another shot.

I thoroughly enjoyed Episodes 3 and 5, and I mostly enjoyed Episode 4. I still have some catching up to do, but I'm relieved to see extremely well-executed romantic comedy in this show. The romance bits feel very sincere and heartfelt, while each episode has at least one big, literal "laugh out loud" moment for me, and that's good for anime comedy for me, lol. The comedic daydreams of Ano Natsu have been comedy gold, especially the "Men in Black!" jokes pertaining to Ichika's alien origins, lol. I'm glad to see that, through 5 episodes at least, Ichika's alien origins is mainly simply a good catalyst for tiny bits of comedy, and nothing too sci-fi.

Anyway, just wanted to thank you for getting Demi Soda back into Ano Natsu which indirectly caused me to get back into it, lol. I might update you on this again after I'm fully caught up.
  3. totoum
    2012-03-05 23:27
    totoum
    Kind of off topic in the P.A works thread so I'll adress this here

Quote:
    Sorry. Okada and P.A. Works goes together in my mind almost like Shinbo and SHAFT, lol.
    Well the Okada/P.A works relationship is pretty much one way only,she's written 3 out of 5 of their shows but in the meantime she's worked with plenty of other studios (A-1,deen,jc staff,hal film maker,AIC,satelight,david production,zexc..) you can't really associate her with one .
  4. totoum
    2012-02-19 17:55
    totoum
    Posted the first part of the Q&A session over at the Madoka subforum.
    On a completely unrelated note,the yuri level in the last episode of lagrange is over 9000!
  5. Triple_R
    2012-02-19 15:34
    Triple_R
    I just watched the promo YouTube video for English dubbed Madoka done by Sarah Williams (Sayaka's voice actress) and yeah, I think she has a really good understanding of the character, and probably the perfect English voice for the character. I also have to say that I approve of how some lines were redone to make it sound more natural in English, given what I just listened to.

It's been a long time since I've listened to an English dubbed anime, but I might make an exception for Madoka Magica.
  6. totoum
    2012-02-19 15:02
    totoum
    Looks like you might have gotten lucky with Sarah Williams being cast as Sayaka,she seemed to be the most Otaku-ish of the cast and the only one to have watched the show while it was being fansubed.
    Really seems to understand the character as well.
  7. totoum
    2012-01-24 16:41
    totoum
    On Moretsu space pirates,I don't think it's much of a spoiler but I'm just being cautious and posting this here instead of the thread,you're free to ignore it of course

Spoiler for moretsu pirate:
  8. Triple_R
    2012-01-23 20:00
    Triple_R
    Hope you enjoy the fanfic! It's a yuri-themed VN-style Madoka Magica one.
  9. totoum
    2012-01-23 19:56
    totoum
    Thanks
    Didn't make it but grabbed it as soon as I saw it posted before someone else could take it.
    Poor Ooba sempai,had her for year in my avatars and nobody ever mentioned her though that somehow fits her character.

I just noticed your fanfic in the fanworks section (don't go there too often) , havn't read it yet but I'll get around to it.
  10. Triple_R
    2012-01-23 19:36
    Triple_R
    Really like your new Madoka (Lagrange) avatars, by the way. They're very spiffy.