AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > totoum

Conversation Between totoum and Triple_R
Showing Visitor Messages 101 to 110 of 155
  1. totoum
    2012-04-12 19:18
    That being said, much of anime entertainment really is simple wish-fulfillment, and I see no harm in giving fans that option once the core work is complete
    For other mediums I always say that that's what fanfiction is for but with animes being adapted from VNs with multiple endings and Gen Urobuchi starting out as a VN writer I can understand.
    I just personaly have a hard time separating the "main work" from whatever is done on the side.That's why I havn't looked too closely into the madoka PSP game,kinda scared it would negatively impact the anime for me.
  2. Triple_R
    2012-04-12 01:14
    I think that a better way of putting it is that Sayaka and Noe's respective falls was integral to the core message and theme that Urobuchi and Okada were aiming for respectively. So while giving them happy ends would be nicer, certainly, it might also undermine what the writer was aiming for at an overarching level (this is especially true of Noe, I would argue).

That being said, much of anime entertainment really is simple wish-fulfillment, and I see no harm in giving fans that option once the core work is complete.
  3. totoum
    2012-04-12 01:07
    Well I figure the reason we might never get a "noe end" is that maybe Okada just doesn't view it as possible,kinda like with Urobuchi insisting on Sayaka dying.
  4. Triple_R
    2012-04-11 21:41
    Heh. Glad you liked that. Just as I always think of Demi Soda when I think of Hiromi, I now always think of you when I think of Aiko, lol.

Hopefully this won't result in you becoming a tragically forgotten guy.

But yeah, "Noe Wins!" and even "Aiko wins!" would be good ova possibilities for any future True Tears project.
  5. totoum
    2012-04-11 21:33
    Saw you mentioned me in the true tears social club,I just had to join
  6. totoum
    2012-04-08 14:38
    That's Urabe from Nazo no Kanajo X

Yes,the premise is weird as hell! most people would probably write it off based on that and the studio but so far it seems people that give it a go enjoy it,even if they don't always know why

Would be interesting to see how she does at saimoe,she's built as the anti-moe female lead yet comes across as moe in her own way.
  7. Triple_R
    2012-04-08 14:28
    Who's in your avatar by the way? She looks oddly cute.
  8. totoum
    2012-04-08 14:19
    Thanks but I think you make it sound better than reality ,though it's true I have more free time this season than I did the past few months.
    In this particular case I just went up to ANN after I watched the show and wondered if someone from the staff was from shaft.
  9. Triple_R
    2012-04-08 12:57
    Well, thanks for that tidbit of information. That certainly explains a lot!

I have to give you massive props, totoum - You've really done your homework on new anime shows this year! I have to admit I've slacked off a bit on my own homework there, lol.
  10. totoum
    2012-04-08 12:05
    Seriously,as far as I'm concerned sankarea is a shaft show,the director has worked his whole career at shaft.