AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > totoum

Notices

Conversation Between totoum and Triple_R
Showing Visitor Messages 21 to 30 of 151
  1. Triple_R
    2013-10-21 14:52
    Triple_R
    Just so you know, I am watching White Album 2 (Great avatar from it, by the way ). I'm just not commenting much on it since it's one of those shows that's a great watch but not that great to talk about (at least not for me). It's one of those shows that's just very solid with no glaring issues, so it leaves me with little to say or add to what others are saying.

I'm one episode behind, but through the first two episodes there's just about nothing in the show to criticize or question. Great show so far.
  2. Triple_R
    2013-10-20 10:43
    Triple_R
    Honestly, I kind of regret the sexism debate. But at least I managed to make my position clear to a few people, like yourself and TheEroKing and 0utf0xZer0.
  3. totoum
    2013-10-20 10:16
    totoum
    Sorry I never replied in the nagi no asukara thread,but I did want to say you did score some points with me and I could see where you're coming from.
  4. totoum
  5. Triple_R
    2013-10-11 19:39
    Triple_R
    Thanks a lot for that info! It's good to know I was on to something real there, and not just imagining things. Yeah, the villains in particular have this Tarantino vibe to them. They're pretty fun and zany (though admittedly pretty dumb too, lol).
  6. totoum
    2013-10-11 15:12
    totoum
    Just in case you want to be sure you're not imagining things, Umetsu, the director of Galilei Donna, is heavily influenced by american media (he's a fan of Tarantino and Tarantino is a fan of him as well for example), his other works feel so american that it even felt natural to watch them dubbed.
    I was intrigued when the show was first announced because it felt too conventional compared to his usual work but as it turns out the american influence is still there.
  7. totoum
    2013-09-14 20:06
    totoum
    Oh don't worry I've already found it!Even watched the first couple episodes yesterday.Might not continue it right away but it did peak my interest (my favorite part was the chemistry between the three girls) and reading your impressions on it makes me even more interested.
    I always have a rotation of non currently airing shows that I watch in addition to the currently airing ones, I feel it helps diversify what I watch and keeps me from being jaded with anime, if ever there'll be a season where nothing interests me it really won't matter since there's so much past shows I want to see that I'd just watch those instead.
    So yeah I figure I'll put Rayearth in that rotation
  8. Triple_R
    2013-09-14 17:01
    Triple_R
    I loved Magic Knight Rayearth. I watched all of the original, as well as its sequel (but I never did get around to finding its AU online, or watching it as such). MKR is a wonderful show that blended magical girl with action-adventure with pure fantasy. You really don't see many shows like Rayearth any more.

If you like CLAMP, and if you want to watch something truly different from today's anime, I can't recommend Rayearth enough. I'm not the sort of person who says that today's anime is inferior to bygone eras of anime, as I think that today's anime has many edges over the past. But if there is any area where yesterday's anime has a substantial edge on more modern anime, it's in the fantasy genre. I think you'll see why if you check out Rayearth ... as long as you can find it. If I come across it online, I'll share it with you, but I have found that older anime can be very hard to find sometimes.
  9. totoum
    2013-09-14 11:54
    totoum
    I'm always late with replies myself so no worries
    I'm intrigued by Prisma Illya , just havn't hadthe time to check it out but with a second season coming I might marathon it in the winter if the season isn't too busy.
    And if I can get into railgun S without seeing anything else that might make me check it out, the thought of having to marathon everything index related is what's been keeping me from checking it out.Though that won't be a priority.
    As for watamote,yes, it's really full of references,blink and you'll miss one! Here's one you might like from the latest episode

I was also reminded of you recently because I know you like magical girls and I've checked out a couple episodes of a 90s anime called Magic Knight Rayearth after running into it in the 1999 ANN preview where the synopsis starting with "Do I even have to explain this?" and further saying " Heck, this is the series that 80% of anime fandom is waiting for!" intrigued me since I've honestly havn't heard of this show despite the fact it seemed hugely popular back then and is a clamp manga adaptation, so I was wondering if a magical girl fan like you had heard of it.

edit: also I just realized that watashi got 300 votes in saimoe, that just made my day , she's one of my top 3 characters from last year.
  10. Triple_R
    2013-09-12 17:22
    Triple_R
    Like yourself, I've been impressed with Rozen Maiden. Adult!Jun is definitely one of the more memorable characters of the year so far, and he has a lot more depth to himself than Jun did in the original Rozen Maiden, imo. The dolls themselves have been a blast, each having their own colorful and amusing mannerisms.

As a big magical girl fan, I've loved Prisma Illya. It has some glorious action scenes, with Episode 6 being standout in that regard.

Love Lab has been the comedy of the year so far for me. Very sharp and vibrant.

I recently became interested in the Railgun series, and Railgun S has has a great mix of action, slice of life, sci-fi, and drama. The show's pretty well-balanced and a lot of fun. Just so you know, I jumped into Railgun S without having watched the original, and I didn't find it that hard to keep up.

Sorry for the late reply.

Edit: I did check out Watamote for an episode. I was very impressed with the clever Death Note-inspired bit, but I found the female lead almost too overdone. But I might give it another shot at some point.