AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > totoum

Conversation Between totoum and Triple_R
Showing Visitor Messages 21 to 30 of 155
  1. Triple_R
    2014-04-05 10:57
    Bingo. The wish theme in WIXOSS really is very close to Madoka Magica's. I don't know how anybody who's seen both shows can fail to see how similar they are, at least so far.

Up until they started talking about wishes, WIXOSS just had a Madoka Magica feel. But after wishes came up, it became more than that.

Right now, I think that WIXOSS is kind of a fusion between Yu-Gi-Oh!, [C], and Madoka Magica. Although one difference so far is that it has no Pegasus, Kyubey, or trickster (I forget the name of that clown-like guy in C ). It'll be interesting to see if WIXOSS ends up getting a character like that.

Anyway, thanks for the VM. It's good to be reassured that what I'm seeing is real, and so other people see it as well. You're also a person who's very honest and gives their honest opinion without sugarcoating or spin, so it means even more coming from you.
  2. totoum
    2014-04-05 08:20
    Well , mods say they want us to drop the subject so I'll just say it here , I'm completely with you on the wixoss/madoka comparison, I get that there's been other grimdark shows involving girls before and after madoka but this isn't about that, it's about the "wish theme" being so central to the premise, I'm surprised so many people disagree.
    Though the show it reminded me most of is "C".
  3. totoum
    2014-03-20 13:07
    I know this is way late but I now realize I never thanked you for your Aiko christmas picture, it was much apreciated.
  4. Triple_R
    2013-12-24 20:07
    Joyeux Noel!

Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I sent this same image to Pocari Sweat, and I figured you'd like it as well, but due to a different girl.
  5. Triple_R
    2013-10-21 14:52
    Just so you know, I am watching White Album 2 (Great avatar from it, by the way ). I'm just not commenting much on it since it's one of those shows that's a great watch but not that great to talk about (at least not for me). It's one of those shows that's just very solid with no glaring issues, so it leaves me with little to say or add to what others are saying.

I'm one episode behind, but through the first two episodes there's just about nothing in the show to criticize or question. Great show so far.
  6. Triple_R
    2013-10-20 10:43
    Honestly, I kind of regret the sexism debate. But at least I managed to make my position clear to a few people, like yourself and TheEroKing and 0utf0xZer0.
  7. totoum
    2013-10-20 10:16
    Sorry I never replied in the nagi no asukara thread,but I did want to say you did score some points with me and I could see where you're coming from.
  8. totoum
  9. Triple_R
    2013-10-11 19:39
    Thanks a lot for that info! It's good to know I was on to something real there, and not just imagining things. Yeah, the villains in particular have this Tarantino vibe to them. They're pretty fun and zany (though admittedly pretty dumb too, lol).
  10. totoum
    2013-10-11 15:12
    Just in case you want to be sure you're not imagining things, Umetsu, the director of Galilei Donna, is heavily influenced by american media (he's a fan of Tarantino and Tarantino is a fan of him as well for example), his other works feel so american that it even felt natural to watch them dubbed.
    I was intrigued when the show was first announced because it felt too conventional compared to his usual work but as it turns out the american influence is still there.