AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > totoum

Notices

Conversation Between totoum and Triple_R
Showing Visitor Messages 21 to 30 of 142
  1. Triple_R
    2013-09-12 17:22
    Triple_R
    Like yourself, I've been impressed with Rozen Maiden. Adult!Jun is definitely one of the more memorable characters of the year so far, and he has a lot more depth to himself than Jun did in the original Rozen Maiden, imo. The dolls themselves have been a blast, each having their own colorful and amusing mannerisms.

As a big magical girl fan, I've loved Prisma Illya. It has some glorious action scenes, with Episode 6 being standout in that regard.

Love Lab has been the comedy of the year so far for me. Very sharp and vibrant.

I recently became interested in the Railgun series, and Railgun S has has a great mix of action, slice of life, sci-fi, and drama. The show's pretty well-balanced and a lot of fun. Just so you know, I jumped into Railgun S without having watched the original, and I didn't find it that hard to keep up.

Sorry for the late reply.

Edit: I did check out Watamote for an episode. I was very impressed with the clever Death Note-inspired bit, but I found the female lead almost too overdone. But I might give it another shot at some point.
  2. totoum
    2013-09-09 20:51
    totoum
    There's 4 that really stand out to me (in no partical order):

Uchouten kazoku: I feel comfortable saying this will likely end up my all time favorite PA works anime, don't think they'll mess up the ending.Love everything about it, the animation,soundtrack, the setting and most of all the characters (Had Benten as my avatar lasy month).I shed a few tears watching episode 8,that rarely happens to me.

Rozen Maiden: I was already impressed with Sankarea but this really confirms I love director Omata,love the slow athmospheric pace,not sure I like the pace of the last couple episodes as much that feel a bit rushed but that's a minor complaintI'm now highly looking forward to another Deen show this fall:Pupa.

Watamote: It is a comedy,and I do laugh, but boy do I often question myself, quite thought provoking and you could say politically incorrect which to me makes it a standout.

Love Lab: And thanks again for that one The previous animes I've mentioned can get quite emotionally heavy so this is my go to light hearted watch of the season, before I marathoned it that was ServantxService and though that show is quite nice as well (especially the romance aspect) I really do prefer Love Lab

Other shows I'm watching this season: Gatchaman Crowds (I find it to be a whole lot less than the sums of its parts), Gin no Saji (solid all around but for some reason I havn't really connected with it), Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi (one of those "what could have been if this were 2 cour?" cases, love the setting and direction but all the stories are quite rushed)

Need to get around to watching Tamayura (I've seen a couple episodes) and A town where you live (just saw the 1st ep)

How about you?
  3. Triple_R
    2013-09-09 16:53
    Triple_R
    Hey, how's it going?

So, with the Summer season mostly over, which titles have you enjoyed the most?
  4. totoum
    2013-08-20 19:24
    totoum
    And I havn't even switched to a Sayo avatar yet! Now I have to figure how to spread the word, might just drop in this clip the next time I come across a discussion about tsunderes.
    Anyways I get the impression I'm always the one bugging you with recommendations so I figured I might try something you liked for a change
  5. Triple_R
    2013-08-20 15:28
    Triple_R
    Ha ha! I see you even promoted Love Lab to Guardian Enzo. There's a sure sign that my recommendation has been a hit with you!

Yeah, it is a shame that Love Lab is so under the radar. I'd probably support it for comedy of the year at the moment.

Anyway, I'm really glad this recommendation paid off for you, since I'm pretty sure you've tipped me off to some good anime shows in the past that I otherwise would have missed.
  6. totoum
    2013-08-20 08:10
    totoum
    So yeah all caught up with love lab and I owe you one because I love this to death now,seems to get better every episode and with the introduction of every new character.
    I had to hit pause multiple times while watching episode 6 because I was too busy laughing to read the subs, can't say that has happened to me with many anime comedies.

And yes it can get a bit melodramatic but considering this is coming from the anime staff of kotoura-san I was expecting a lot worse so it's not a bother at all to me.
    Now one of my favorite comedies of the year with Sayo being one of my favorite characters
  7. totoum
    2013-08-19 17:03
    totoum
    I don't want to butt in the oreimo thread since I havn't seen much of S2 but I can't understand the "it's not that easy for Kyousuke to just look for another girl" argument when (if I understand correctly) the show ends with Kyousuke and Kirino agreeing that their relationship isn't a good idea and to not go through with it.
    So even in the show itself Kyousuke doesn't seem to find it that hard to look for another girl.

But since this isn't being brought up I figure I must be missing something?
  8. Triple_R
    2013-08-11 12:00
    Triple_R
    I'm glad you picked it up. I'm pretty confident you won't regret it. The comedy has been consistently strong through six episodes, and even the more serious side of the show has been improving a lot lately.
  9. totoum
    2013-08-11 11:59
    totoum
    Just wanted to say I've watched the first episode of love lab a few days ago and liked it quite a lot, haven't had the time to watch the rest yet but I really do look forward to seeing more, the comedic dynamic between the two leads isn't the sort of thing you often see in anime so it's quite refreshing (and well done),I'm kinda scared that the extra characters might break that.
  10. totoum
    2013-07-27 09:25
    totoum
    Ok I just completely changed my mind about C3-bu after episode 4, still no action sequences but if this wasn't some sort 1 episode only thing then all promotional material,the OP and this first 3 episodes were hiding the true premise of the show, it's gone from "I'll likely drop it" to "can't wait for the next episode"