AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > totoum

Notices

Conversation Between totoum and Arabesque
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 30
  1. totoum
    2013-08-26 12:39
    totoum
    I love it when they make Ayahi do english covers, now if only there was a live version...
    She's cracking me up as Tamako in silver spoon as well.
  2. totoum
    2012-08-21 04:09
    totoum
    Delayed reply time

Of course another kokia collab would be great (I'm pretty sure she sells more concert seats in france than japan!) I just never considered it because she's not known for collabs while Kajiura is always on the lookout for singers.

They've got Ayahi using her high voice for the ED of tari tari,much rather she use her low voice,but oh well.

As for ali project,while I did make that comment,a few years later it turns out I'm not to keen on what they do now,much preffer their 90s stuff.

On an unrelated note i started dreaming about that dirty pair remake again,I've got my staff,now I've got a cast member!
    I stumbled across this on anidb

Quote:
    As a child, Horie Yui was a huge fan of the anime series Dirty Pair and has later stated that the series was her first inspiration to become a voice artist.
    Horie as one of the lovely angels I don't care which one,let her choose!Come on sunrise,what are you waiting for!
  3. Arabesque
    2012-08-09 10:23
    Arabesque
    Huh, funny I always thought I was pretty upfront about me really loving her work

Quote:
    I think she just hasn't had much luck (and you definatly need that to be successful) a lot of projects she had the lead role in weren't hits,imagine if phantom came out now instead of 3 years ago,there'd be much more hype around a Urobuchi VN adaptation and more people would have noticed her performance as Ein.
    Yeah, I think that her not lucking in is the reason why she's not as popular as she should be, because she is certainly not lacking in any away in talent or skill. Shame really

It's also her not staring in a major role in a successful anime is part of the reason, I think. Sure, had Phantom came out recently, the current Urobuchi mania would've brought her up to the front a lot more, but even now she hadn't really gotten a famous role that really makes people pay attention to her. The closest was when she was in Gundam 00, but they never actually went big with her character there alas.

Quote:
    I'm also scared that with the youth obsession with japanese Otaku,at almost 27 it might already be too late,but I hope my fears are wrong and she lands a blockbuster leading role.
    Ugh ... can I just say that whenever I read a comment by an otaku saying that late-20's are ''way too old'' it just makes me roll my eyes automatically? We aren't in the dark ages where the avg. life expectancy was 30 ... honestly, you are right, the current youth obsession is terrifying.

I hope she manages to get a huge lead role as well. I think she might need a better agent though ...

Quote:
    Kajiura
    No, HISSSS, SHOOO, Stay away you!

I personally think that she might have been much better off had she continued to work with KOKIA. Her Inori and Justice covers were simply a pleasure to listen to:

Spoiler for Justice:

Beautiful

Quote:
    First post
    You, sir, are awesome

Ali project GOGOGO!
  4. totoum
    2012-08-08 04:14
    totoum
    I admit I never really tried looking for other Ayahi fans!

I think she just hasn't had much luck (and you definatly need that to be successful) a lot of projects she had the lead role in weren't hits,imagine if phantom came out now instead of 3 years ago,there'd be much more hype around a Urobuchi VN adaptation and more people would have noticed her performance as Ein.
    I'm also scared that with the youth obsession with japanese Otaku,at almost 27 it might already be too late,but I hope my fears are wrong and she lands a blockbuster leading role.
    I was hoping her being in sphere would help but it seems tough to stand out next to 2 k-on girls and Tomatsu Hakura.When I see covers like this it makes me wonder if she wouldn't have been better off had she somehow landed under Kajiura's wing instead.

As for nano ripe I don't hate them,I just like the ED a lot more!

Here's a deep dark secret:this is my first post on animesuki
  5. Arabesque
    2012-08-07 13:08
    Arabesque
    Well, yeah. Was it really that hard to figure out?

Her range is pretty damn amazing, to the point where it makes me wonder why she doesn't get more love in the first place? With the right marketing and attention, she could easily become a whole lot more popular than she is now.

Her Mikako was a very different role than what he does usually takes, as well as Kris in Symphogear, but she does them so well it makes me sad to not see her take a lot of different roles as well.

Making my way slowly through Tari Tari, and I kinda hope that they set up so she gets a really great chance to show off her music talent in the show *crosses fingers*

Quote:
    screw nano ripe
    Second best after Ali Project :P

But seriously guys, you should give them a shot. You'll never quit once you do
  6. totoum
    2012-08-06 06:21
    totoum
    Wait wait?You're a Ayahi fanboy like me? *brofist*
    She doesn't get enough love,true she often gets the gentle soft spoken character type but she'll still surprise with roles like young taichi or Mikako in Sora no Otoshimono.
    She's got a crazy amount of range,wish producers would put that to use more.

On an unrelated Jinrui note,screw nano ripe,the Itou Masumi/Nanase Hikaru ED is where it's at,favorite ED of the season.
  7. Arabesque
    2012-06-10 05:19
    Arabesque
    lol, what, did he keep sending you PM's everyday saying ''Please make an Okada topic, I don't want to, but I can't stop talking about her!''

Well, off to read what sort of insanity you folks kept on bringing up while I was gone
  8. totoum
    2012-06-03 06:59
    totoum
    "Totoum just did the unspeakable!"

But guess who kept on insisting I do it because he didn't want to do it himself?
  9. Arabesque
    2012-05-10 02:49
    Arabesque
    Thanks for the heads up. Some rather ... interesting bit:

Quote:
    Something interesting about "KUSO ONNA" (= smelly wench):
    Mari has been called that a lot when she was writing the scenario, she liked it, and so they decided to make Kagura say it in the actual show
    What the ... I'm left to wonder if this is evidence to just how insane things are over at Satelight or if this is the best example of how far out and kinky Okada really is
  10. totoum
    2012-05-08 01:22
    totoum
    Just dropping by to say the okada group isn't dead and I posted a few things of interest.